Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

22 August 2013 GCSE results: Discussion thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    im like 3709 posts old but I have no idea when sometimes when you get rep it doesn't change ???? :confused:
    OMG yeah I've wondered about that too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    The person who repped may have red gems. The amount to you get is the same as their reputation power
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I get it now thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    OMG yeah I've wondered about that too!

(Original post by Elm Tree)
    The person who repped may have red gems. The amount to you get is the same as their reputation power
    ^^^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    ^^^^
    Ah yes, mystery solved by none other than Detective Elm Makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, mystery solved by none other than Detective Elm Makes sense.
    haha yeah :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm you quoted me but on my screen its disappeared! But yeh I used to hope for an A* but now I'm just trying to seize an A.

Oh god I feel so bad...I'll make sure I do that!
    oops sorry! That's still an excellent grade , how did you find Language? The topics for writing were quite predictable I thought! Im still worried because I think the grade boundaries are going to be high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madeofstone1804)
    Knowing that our grades will have probably already been marked and are just sitting in a dark room waiting to be opened is really frustrating me! x
    Putting it like that just makes it seem worse!!!! Argh!

ReputationRep:
    Argh less than 2 weeks argh...

I'm still slightly miffed that my English Language descriptive writing question was literally almost identical to the one I was given in my SATs in Year 6.

Seriously?! Do you know how much creative writing I was doing to procrastinate and trying to pass it off as revision?! I might as well have just gone on Angry Birds!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosegarden)
    heeeey guys anyone else wanting to do medicine and (slightly) freaking out about results!!
    Yepp, me

its nice to see someone's in the same position as me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    Exactly! Finally someone understands me

One time I was trying to revise for my biology exam and my dad was downstairs talking to my mum , and my dad some proper deep voice so I could hear everything when I was revising and it's so annoying !!

Hey, how are you feeling for Results Day??

Jatz
    Yes I completely get you! I just hate noise and it was so annoying when the invigilators kept making noises and talking to each other during the exams! I am scared I have to admit haha! I thought I'd know roughly what I would get for the exams but I don't its hard to say for some of them! How do you feel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The 22nd is one of a few days this year that I'm both looking forward to and dreading at the same time. I really don't think I did enough revision now, in hindsight...

Also, to those who've started learning A-Level Maths in advance, what are you using as your resources? I did the FSMQ but I was awful at it and we had to hand the books back in. Also I'm quite keen on learning some Economics early.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsjmcgrath)
    The 22nd is one of a few days this year that I'm both looking forward to and dreading at the same time. I really don't think I did enough revision now, in hindsight...

Also, to those who've started learning A-Level Maths in advance, what are you using as your resources? I did the FSMQ but I was awful at it and we had to hand the books back in. Also I'm quite keen on learning some Economics early.

Good luck!
    Hi. I'm awaiting GCSEs also!

I did the A2 Mathematics this year, I used examsolutions.net and TSR

There's also Khanacademy and maths247

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Hi. I'm awaiting GCSEs also!

I did the A2 Mathematics this year, I used examsolutions.net and TSR

There's also Khanacademy and maths247
    Thanks, I'll check them out.

Wait, you did A2 this year yet you're doing GCSEs? Wow.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    Nobody will like you if you boast, especially if you do it over Facebook. Grades aren't everything, you also need to be able to get on with people.
    Nothing is more important than Academia, it determines who is the best.I am very upset that I have calculated that I only have a 1 in 25 chance of achieving an A* Baccalaureate(A*s in English Language,Maths,2 Sciences,History or Geography and a modern foreign language), which I tried so hard to get because I really think I failed the Geography exam and will only get an A overall.

ReputationRep:
    i know this is random but are you awake ?

Jatz
    Yep
    (Original post by tsjmcgrath)
    Thanks, I'll check them out.

Wait, you did A2 this year yet you're doing GCSEs? Wow.

Good luck!
    They're very good

:yep: results in 4 days :afraid:

Thanks
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Nothing is more important than Academia, it determines who is the best.
    :lol: except health... And wealth... Appearance... Personality... Pretty important in today's society...

I'd rather hire a straight A nice person than say, you (Loads of A*s with your personality at times)

ReputationRep:
    entertain me lad
    That doesn't sound dodgy at all!

I'm gonna sleep soon

ReputationRep:
    ah ,sometimes I feel like giving the invigilators a smack lol , my exams some exams I am worried for such as literature and biology , but I'm least worried about maths and history and a few others, unscarred I want good results and my parents now are saying they will be happy with what I get but realistically they wouldn't be happy with anything less than an A

jatz
    Yeah I know what you mean, my parents say that they will be happy with anything but I know what their true expectations are. I think my main problem is myself though haha! I am so critical of myself and if the results aren't good for me then I will feel like I have only let myself down!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    loooooooooooooool

same here... I've past my bed time by 2 hours !!

Jatz
    Hmmm... I was meant to sleep ages ago
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Nothing is more important than Academia
    Not true :no:

ReputationRep:
    Lol yea... I usually talk to Ryan but he's on holiday now so I am fairly lonely :rolleyes:

so... any plans for tomorrow?

Jatz
    Oh :lol:

Sleep. Just stay at home actually, want some rest. Browse some grad med courses

You?

(Original post by usycool1)
    Not true :no:
    I think I've given up on him

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.