Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So after the 5 weeks you either get
    a) a rejection
    b) a "your application is one of the strongest" mail (aka 7 weeks mail)
    c) an offer
    ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schlili)
    So after the 5 weeks you either get
    a) a rejection
    b) a "your application is one of the strongest" mail (aka 7 weeks mail)
    c) an offer
    ?
    I believe "your application is the strongest" email, is the 4 week email. While 7 week email is the new 5 week email. But overall, yes you will get any of the three options you mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd1885)
    Thanks Mike, UMS are around 98% average across 3 AS and 1A2, Maths, Economics and Physics. I completed the Maths A Level in Year 12 (hence the A2 as well). GCSEs, 11A*s and an A (I think). Good luck with your application but don't believe that LSE only accepts you if you have x number of A*s at GCSE, where x is usually in the double digits... That's simply not true, I have friends with 3-6 A*s at GCSE who got offers, and I'm sure there are many with lower.

Good luck everyone! Sleep lots, A Level students don't usually get enough of that. If you're passionate then LSE will see that, and you stand a good chance. Clearly you're all passionate, because you're stalking the LSE forum desperate to find out if anyone got offers, hahaha, so just relax

Congratulations!! Do you know anyone who got an offer with 4a*s and rest As at GCSE? I am really worried that my gcse grades will let me down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alwaysannoyed)
    When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied on the 15th of October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    My 5 weeks end in Friday 6th. I'm either expecting a rejection on Friday, or a rejection a week later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My 5 weeks end tomorrow for Econ History so I'll tell you what happens on the History front, they might have similar processes even though you're Intl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriabk)
    I applied on the 15th of October.
    Congrats! Could I ask when you received your 5-week email and what your predicted grades were? I also applied on the 15th and my 5 weeks were up yesterday....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by norah_bellefleur)
    Congrats! Could I ask when you received your 5-week email and what your predicted grades were? I also applied on the 15th and my 5 weeks were up yesterday....
    Thank you! of course - I received a 2 week e-mail actually, about 4 days after my application, and after two weeks heard nothing until now, which was quite frustrating. I am predicted 44 out of 45 IB points

Don't worry - they generally take so much longer than they say they will, so be patient and a reply will arrive when you less expect it. Mine came during an MUN conference!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    I emailed the admissions tutor the day my 5 week deadline was up, to get a reply saying things are busy and I should hear back in the next few weeks. Applied for Maths with Economics.
    when did yours end? Today makes it 6 weeks since i got the 5 week email

ReputationRep:
    Exactly 40days into my 5week email... Waiting for the LSEfriday!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceKidd)
    when did yours end? Today makes it 6 weeks since i got the 5 week email
    Thursday past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runjennyrun17)
    Exactly 40days into my 5week email... Waiting for the LSEfriday!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i wouldnt get your hopes...last weeks lse friday was a fail lol

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else applied for Philosophy of Logic and Scientific method? Got my 5-weeker about 3 weeks ago so waiting patiently..really want to get in so I can go on the lash with the philosophy lads, gonna be a right laugh - birds, booze, babes, banter.. Lash-don School of Economics I like to call it.

In all serious though, has anyone actually applied for PLSm or is it just me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ehrmantraut)
    Anyone else applied for Philosophy of Logic and Scientific method? Got my 5-weeker about 3 weeks ago so waiting patiently..really want to get in so I can go on the lash with the philosophy lads, gonna be a right laugh - birds, booze, babes, banter.. Lash-don School of Economics I like to call it.

In all serious though, has anyone actually applied for PLSm or is it just me?
    Wasup mate? I though I won't find anybody else who has applied for the "pure" Philosophy :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    Wasup mate? I though I won't find anybody else who has applied for the "pure" Philosophy :cool:
    Sup dude, looks like only the cool people want to take philosophy then I suppose :cool: You from UK? Where else have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Sup dude, looks like only the cool people want to take philosophy then I suppose :cool: You from UK? Where else have you applied to?
    Yeah - I agree with you. I don't even get why would anybody want to do stuff like economics or history if you can do philosophy I study here but I am EU. LSE, UCL, KCL, St. Andrews. May I ask you what branches of philosophy did you touch in your PS and how many books have you mentioned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yousuf5465)
    Congratulations!! Do you know anyone who got an offer with 4a*s and rest As at GCSE? I am really worried that my gcse grades will let me down.
    Honestly, my friends applying this year with similar grades have only just sent in their application, but I knew somebody last year with around 4a*s at GCSE and they got in. LSE care a lot about your personal statement, so just focus on that. I know everyone says LSE cares about GCSEs, but I don't believe they would focus on them in an applicant. ASs matter far more, and are a far better indicator. There's one certain thing, if you don't apply you don't get an offer, so just relax and see what happens. I've known people with a few A*s at GCSE get in, and people with over 10 A*s get rejected, and almost all of it came down to the personal statement. For me, I think the application process was a little easier because I was set on Cambridge (so the LSE emails, and then delays weren't too overwhelmingly stressful), but the interview process at Cambridge on the other hand, and how significant it is, is making me very nervous!

Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    Yeah - I agree with you. I don't even get why would anybody want to do stuff like economics or history if you can do philosophy I study here but I am EU. LSE, UCL, KCL, St. Andrews. May I ask you what branches of philosophy did you touch in your PS and how many books have you mentioned?
    So 3 in London and one about 500 miles up North? Interesting I've also applied for St Andrews Metaphysics, politics, ethics and a bit of epistemology and about 4 or 5 what about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    So 3 in London and one about 500 miles up North? Interesting I've also applied for St Andrews Metaphysics, politics, ethics and a bit of epistemology and about 4 or 5 what about yourself?
    Haha yeah that's weird. But I like St Andrews. Obviuosly less than LSE but still. Logic, Moral Philosophy, Philosophy of Mind/Epistemology, about 5 as well. Did you do many extra-curricular things?

ReputationRep:
    Is there a home EU quota?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    I've applied to same unis, just a different course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.