Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    English clubs with most youth product players in Europe's top five divisions
    1. Manchester United - 15
    2. Arsenal - 14
    3. Chelsea - 10
    4. Manchester City - 9
    5. West Ham United - 8

One less than United, and I would argue that the quality of the players we have produced in recent years is higher.
    Funny how we have the most home grown players in our first team squad.... Arsenal isn't even the top 5..Says it all really.. And to say that the quality you have produced is better is ridiculous.. Wilchair is injured constantly.. Gibbs is good but Monreal is better and Gibbs is always injured... Ramsey cant even challenge sagna..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Funny how we have the most home grown players in our first team squad.... Arsenal isn't even the top 5..Says it all really.. And to say that the quality you have produced is better is ridiculous.. Wilchair is injured constantly.. Gibbs is good but Monreal is better and Gibbs is always injured... Ramsey cant even challenge sagna..
    Don't you mean Jenkinson?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    And i don't hate Chelsea, they're one of my favourite clubs as they play exciting football.
    Is that the same way Stoke and West Ham play exciting football?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    That's funny coming from a United Fan, Rooney was getting booed at the Swansea game and at the open top bus parade

Only 3 English players started in the Europa league final, that doesn't sound like representing Great Britain. That's another problem with Chelsea, a lack of English talent, Bertrand is the only person that comes to mind but he hardly gets a look in as it is. McEachran and Chalobah look like they have decent potential but why would Chelsea give them a chance in the first 11 when they can afford to buy a better foreigner. Chelsea and Man city are corrupting English football.

100% agree, the premier league should be the amount of talent that a team can produce naturally, not through money

ReputationRep:
    opinions on this yaya sanogo fella?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DopeSk1llz)
    opinions on this yaya sanogo fella?
    A typical Wenger signing - on the cheap or free. I really hope this is not the summer striker signing. Something tells me it is.

As for Sanogo himself, I have no idea. He's scored 9 in 11 but in Ligue 2.

EDIT: The Rooney to Arsenal rumours are really picking up. It's hard to see it happening but what a signing that would be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webster2002)
    Is that the same way Stoke and West Ham play exciting football?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Clearly don't watch chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Clearly don't watch chelsea.
    Not much. Route 1 to Torres or Ba gets boring quite quick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webster2002)
    Not much. Route 1 to Torres or Ba gets boring quite quick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Clearly don't watch us.
    Unless you're talking about goal kicks. Then yeah you're right :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone finding Chelsea's style exciting must be overwhelmed when watching Stoke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Because he was poached off another team like terry was. If according to zurich terry isn't a chelsea product then kroos isn't a bayern product.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toni_Kroos
    So yeah...
    He's no different from raul in that respect.
    Considering walcott was actually in the southampton squad playing professional football with the first team, he's really a southampton product more than an arsenal product, like lukaku is an anderlecht product too, like AOC is a southampton product.#

Oh, no reply?
    I didn't see the reply till later but tbh, that was nothing to reply. The answer you gave was a satisfactory one. Didn't want to get involved in the debate anyways and thought you were referring to Kroos's time at Lever.

I guess the main issue is what you deem a product of a team because one way or another given how football works, taken away nepotism, players are 'poached' off teams be it sunday league teams, semi-pro teams etc.

But guss Zurich is probably right, Kroos isn't a product of BM in the same vein as BS.......It's a blurred concept with way too much ambiguity and no proper consensus defintion.

It's funny when you think deeper about it. I don't really see Walcott as a product of our youth system as he's played for Soton first team before joining us, but, I see Luke Freeman as one eventhough he had played for Gillingham's first team before joining us.

The debate so far has actually been all right with most of it being reasoned (if quickly repreated) points, but please lets not let it descend into petty jibes and insults.

Anyway, this Sanogo deal seems to be legit, with Sky Sports reporting that Wenger's commented on it. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Manchester United have produced the most top flight players from our academy....the most in England and 4th in Europe...Considering the amount of potential London has Arsenal have done poor job when it comes to youth
    How many professionals teams does Manchester have? Limit it to PL if you want, and if anything, Traditionaly, London isn't a breeding place for professional athlete, it's more for the affluents. Whereas, Lancaster is, so if anything, Arsenal are punching above their weights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    The debate so far has actually been all right with most of it being reasoned (if quickly repreated) points, but please lets not let it descend into petty jibes and insults.

Anyway, this Sanogo deal seems to be legit, with Sky Sports reporting that Wenger's commented on it. :holmes:
    People just need to exercise some willpower and not take the bait.

Anyone that's watch 1 minute of a Chelsea's match knows that they don't play route 1 to torres/ ba.

On the Sanogo deal, he's obviously another one for the future, really hoped we'd be done with such signings, but seems like there'll be no transfer fee invovled (maybe training fees?) so, might as well take a punt.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm two questions marks over the XI to start against Newcastle.

Firstly, should Giroud come straight back into the team or not? Personally,I think that although Podolski isn't naturally a lone striker the front three of Santi, Lukas and Theo seems to be working so should stay the same.

Secondly, who should partner Ramsey in the double pivot in Arteta's absence? Wilshere, Coquelin or maybe Vermalen seem like the three most likely candidates. Wilshere I don't think should start as he needs an operation as soon as the season is over so it's probably better for him to come on as a sub (if at all) as we don't want to exacerbate his injury. It's a tough one between Coquelin and Vermalen as one is young and inexperienced and other isn't used to playing in the DM role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Star)
    Hmm two questions marks over the XI to start against Newcastle.

Firstly, should Giroud come straight back into the team or not? Personally,I think that although Podolski isn't naturally a lone striker the front three of Santi, Lukas and Theo seems to be working so should stay the same.

Secondly, who should partner Ramsey in the double pivot in Arteta's absence? Wilshere, Coquelin or maybe Vermalen seem like the three most likely candidates. Wilshere I don't think should start as he needs an operation as soon as the season is over so it's probably better for him to come on as a sub (if at all) as we don't want to exacerbate his injury. It's a tough one between Coquelin and Vermalen as one is young and inexperienced and other isn't used to playing in the DM role.
    I think it is important to keep things as they've been so, in regards to Ramsey, don't think we should change his role at all so that leaves wither Verm or Le Coq. Either way, I'm not too bothered.

I would take Giroud over Podolski anyday of the week. Don't forget that during our run, the front three of Cazorla-Giroud-Walcott, has also worked, and to me, Podolski is an off the bench player these days.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we're in "advanced" talks to sign Yaya Sanogo. He's from Ligue 2, 20 years old. We really need to stop buying these mediocre French players!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I think it is important to keep things as they've been so, in regards to Ramsey, don't think we should change his role at all so that leaves wither Verm or Le Coq. Either way, I'm not too bothered.

I would take Giroud over Podolski anyday of the week. Don't forget that during our run, the front three of Cazorla-Giroud-Walcott, has also worked, and to me, Podolski is an off the bench player these days.
    Yep, I'm not too bothered who partners Ramsey out of Verm or Coq either. Maybe I would prefer Verm if Wenger's thinks he is suited to that role as I really like him as a player and as a person and if he sees that he still has an important role at the club he might be more inclined to stay.

I dunno man, I can see what Giroud offers but I just find him such a frustrating player. Podolski is also quite limited but he offers more in the build up with his passing, although his hold-up play is almost non-existent when compared to Giroud. It's just that when there is a clear goal scoring opportunity I trust Podolski to bury it, but i just don't have that confidence in Giroud :dontknow:

(Original post by Sufistic)
    Apparently we're in "advanced" talks to sign Yaya Sanogo. He's from Ligue 2, 20 years old. We really need to stop buying these mediocre French players!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You sound like you haven't watched him play (I haven't either) so it's unfair to brand him as 'mediocre'. There is no need to make it out like he is a disappointing signing, he is a 20 year old player on a free transfer who will presumably be on lowish wages so he isn't exactly going to eat up our transfer budget for the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Guess people don't learn. Henry, Pires and Vieira were branded 'unknown' French players when they arrived and look at how that one turned out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Guess people don't learn. Henry, Pires and Vieira were branded 'unknown' French players when they arrived and look at how that one turned out
    Henry and Pires were capped for France and Vieira was signed by Milan at 20 as one of the best prospects in Europe having captained a Ligue 1 side at 19 before we bought them. Nothing like some 20 yr old permacrock from the second division in France

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.