Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrea199)
    This is why I am really confused, I thought modular meant for part time or flexible learning. Does that mean it should be modular for my other choices like roehampton etc?
    This is what confused me and thats why I didn't choose modular to start of with but it definitely has to say modular. Full time not flexible so you should be able to choose the code and then there will be a drop box which you change to modular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_box)
    Hello! Mine is for Secondary RE.
    Are you travelling from far? From what they have sent me it seems it's going to be a very long day.
    I have an interview for Kings this Friday which seems a lot more informal from the email!
    ooo good luck for the one on Friday! I know the day looks intense. I don't really understand it either at one point it says candidates are expected to take part in group discussion and presentations. But there is no mention of presentation any where else so I don't know if we have to prepare presentation? Do you for RE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutebat)
    This is what confused me and thats why I didn't choose modular to start of with but it definitely has to say modular. Full time not flexible so you should be able to choose the code and then there will be a drop box which you change to modular.
    Ok thank you well I have gone with that and sent it. Good luck for Roehampton on Wed, let me know how it goes. Also for the presentation at St Mary's its an on the spot one about an issue they give you.

ReputationRep:
    ooo good luck for the one on Friday! I know the day looks intense. I don't really understand it either at one point it says candidates are expected to take part in group discussion and presentations. But there is no mention of presentation any where else so I don't know if we have to prepare presentation? Do you for RE?
    Thank you!
    Yes, we have to prepare a 3 minute talk justifying our subjects place in the curriculum. It's such a short amount of time to fit things in! And no ICT is allowed.
    I'm looking forward to it though. I just want to get onto a course so much!

ReputationRep:
    Didn't know about the modular aspect. I have my Welcome letter here and under the Modular column I have three letter 'N's, is that wrong (means non-modular)? Will I just phone up UCAS in the morning to get this fixed?

Andy

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you well I have gone with that and sent it. Good luck for Roehampton on Wed, let me know how it goes. Also for the presentation at St Mary's its an on the spot one about an issue they give you.
    Oh my goodness! How did you find that out? I've re read the email about five times and couldn't find it! :-/ thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_box)
    Thank you!
    Yes, we have to prepare a 3 minute talk justifying our subjects place in the curriculum. It's such a short amount of time to fit things in! And no ICT is allowed.
    I'm looking forward to it though. I just want to get onto a course so much!
    That sounds great! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Oh my goodness! How did you find that out? I've re read the email about five times and couldn't find it! :-/ thanks!
    That is what you had to do last year, and they mentioned it briefly at the open evening. It is a group one though so I don't think it will be too bad!

ReputationRep:
    That is what you had to do last year, and they mentioned it briefly at the open evening. It is a group one though so I don't think it will be too bad!
    Thannnnkyouuuu :-) did you apply last year then?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying to Exeter, Chichester (PGCE) or the Solent SCITT know if we put modular or not down? I've got no for all three, but now I'm questioning that! The uni websites don't seem to make it clear either!

ReputationRep:
    Thannnnkyouuuu :-) did you apply last year then?
    No I didn't I just saw people discussing it ! Such a stressful time I hope everyone gets a place, I don't think they realize how much time and effort people put in to get onto a course!

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't I just saw people discussing it ! Such a stressful time I hope everyone gets a place, I don't think they realize how much time and effort people put in to get onto a course!
    No, I think they know. It's an extremely difficult course, so if someone is put off by the application, they're hardly likely to make it through the course. It makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me the modular/ non- modular thing? Didn't it just come up automatically when you put in your choice?

Two of mine say non modular and one says modular.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an interview at Lancaster for a pgce science course?

ReputationRep:
    Gotten past the point of caring whether I'm being annoying or persistent, my old uni tutor is getting another email tomorrow. She did my reference for a late application I made in the summer and she had to email the reference to the University so I'm hoping she still has the email somewhere.

Is anyone else applying for Worcester, Nottingham or Exeter for Secondary History?

ReputationRep:
    For all those who have an interview, did UCAS email you to tell you or did you just find out going on track?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    For all those who have an interview, did UCAS email you to tell you or did you just find out going on track?
    I got an email but not sure if that differs with the university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melmac)
    HI i have applied for edinburgh, strathclyde and glasgow. Hoping to hear about interviews soon. Received my Ucas letter today to track anyone else applied for these universitys ?
    hey I have applied for all of these unis to do art and design, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bordercollies10)
    Hey
    I'm applying to UWS, Glasgow and Strathclyde :-)
    ooh i'm glasgow strathclyde and edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    I've just sent my application for an MFL course (French with Spanish) in Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam and Hull.

THE WAIT BEGINS.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.