Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anxious Owl)
    I didn't check the time before I went in, but it was scheduled for 1:55pm and I got out at about 2:15 - 2:20pm, soooooo...

Were they relatively on time today, does anybody know?
    Irrelevant. Depends on your group, I know one group was lagging behind but doesn't mean much. Whether your interview was 15 or 35 minutes long, its all the same so don't worry. We had an interview for around 30 minutes today, who did miserably, extremely, 'add any bad word' badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    Class.
    Are you the 4th year medical student doing intercalating degree and have massive mustache and beard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XingBairong)
    Are you the 4th year medical student doing intercalating degree and have massive mustache and beard?
    :danceboy::danceboy::danceboy::danceboy:
    N0..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    N0..
    Do you know him?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know him?
    I think I know who your talking about? What colour shirt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    I think I know who your talking about? What colour shirt?
    Well, I can't remember... I think he was wearing the medical student shirt :L

ReputationRep:
    Well, I can't remember... I think he was wearing the medical student shirt :L
    Oh, what about him? Was there someone with massive moustache and beard? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    Oh, what about him? Was there someone with massive moustache and beard? :confused:
    Well, my interview was on 17th and he was the medical student who took us around the campus. :L

And yes, a bit like Charles Darwin (but with hair and glasses) I thought. And I thought the way you talk is a lot like him. That's why I asked :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    N0..
    Are you the one with "strong political views"?

Anyhow, I thought the panel (an African man, an Arab student and a white lady) was lovely. I'm not sure if their laughing was good or bad but they seemed like adorable people, sometimes I didn't make much sense and I felt it when the lady looked at me weirdly, but then I tried to get back on the rails and I really hope it went well. I'm glad I had gone there way beforehand so I could chill out a little before going in! Found the students adorable too!
    I also hit the table when I was leaving and you guys are making me so happy for saying you've done the same. I guess it's fine if we haven't mentioned wanting to be surgeons or anything...

I also got a little crazy and started talking about Monty Python's scene when they said they had no more questions. Not sure they completely got it but I thought it was ironical cause Graham Chapman from the Monty Python team was actually a med student at Bart's!

(Original post by Legit)
      Irrelevant. Depends on your group, I know one group was lagging behind but doesn't mean much. Whether your interview was 15 or 35 minutes long, its all the same so don't worry. We had an interview for around 30 minutes today, who did miserably, extremely, 'add any bad word' badly.
      Aha okay then, thanks. Gosh, that must have been difficult to watch...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by medsing)
      Are you the one with "strong political views"?

Anyhow, I thought the panel (an African man, an Arab student and a white lady) was lovely. I'm not sure if their laughing was good or bad but they seemed like adorable people, sometimes I didn't make much sense and I felt it when the lady looked at me weirdly, but then I tried to get back on the rails and I really hope it went well. I'm glad I had gone there way beforehand so I could chill out a little before going in! Found the students adorable too!
      I also hit the table when I was leaving and you guys are making me so happy for saying you've done the same. I guess it's fine if we haven't mentioned wanting to be surgeons or anything...

I also got a little crazy and started talking about Monty Python's scene when they said they had no more questions. Not sure they completely got it but I thought it was ironical cause Graham Chapman from the Monty Python team was actually a med student at Bart's!
      Haha, I know who you are.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Legit)
      Haha, I know who you are.
      Ok, so you're not Charles Darwin Jr then (well, that's what my friend who also had his interview called him because he never told us his name :P )

No offence to him, I just thought that he was a very good guide who can keep his audiences' interest :P

I was told at my interview that I wouldn't hear from them until April, seems a long way. Anyone else hear something similar?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by PG593)
        I was told at my interview that I wouldn't hear from them until April, seems a long way. Anyone else hear something similar?
        I was only told not to panic if I haven't heard in a couple weeks, April seems like decades away

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ak395)
        I was so nervous at the beginning i walked in and sat in the interviewer's chair! Next to the other interviewer :O i got the arab/asian guy and the african guy and they were both soo nice. I accidentally interrupted the interviewer a few times because i got so excited. Would this count against me? I'm a bit worried now.
        Haha as soon as I saw this I know who you were! I'm the Chinese girl from today

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Legit)
        Are you the guy that sat in with the black and arab/asian man on the first batch of interviews? (21st jan)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Tuni530)
        Are you the guy that sat in with the black and arab/asian man on the first batch of interviews? (21st jan)

Posted from TSR Mobile
        No but that Black guy and the Arab/Asian man that everyone keeps referring to are two of the most 'kindest scorers'

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Legit)
        No but that Black guy and the Arab/Asian man that everyone keeps referring to are two of the most 'kindest scorers'
        Do you know if the interviewers who don't smile at all from the start to finish do this on purpose to test your resilience or something?

ReputationRep:
        I guess I would have saw some of you guys today :p:

At least I know TSR came up at some point in conversation today :p:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Legit)
        Which group do you reckon had the harshest scorers?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.