Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Yeovil (yes, Yeovil) are leading against Preston & Luke Murphy fires us in front against Bournemouth.
    As an MK fan I'm hoping Yeovil can hold on so we can put some distance between us and Preston. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes Leeds keep it up for the next 20.

Kinda want a Cardiff goal too, but that's a pretty uncomfortable thing to say so maybe not.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hell of a result for Leeds this. Especially with ten men.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    As an MK fan I'm hoping Yeovil can hold on so we can put some distance between us and Preston. :yes:
    They couldn't quite hold on but a draw isn't too bad. :nah:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Really good night's work for Middlesbrough and Leeds.

Big blow for Bournemouth.

ReputationRep:
    Hard battled with victory, somewhat lucky with the Bourneouth missing the penalty. My slight criticism is that we lack the killer instinct to press on and get a second goal, we invite pressure on ourselves, but I guess if you're struggling for points and find yourselves 1-0 up against the league leaders then you will protect what you've got. That's the double over Bournemouth now & we seem to have a habit of beating teams that are sat on the top of the table.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Really good night's work for Middlesbrough and Leeds.

Big blow for Bournemouth.
    Indeed, very happy with tonight's results. Little closer than I'd like mind. We need to start putting goals away before the second half for once, although the goal we conceded was the first in a long time, so that's not too bad.

Overall, reasons to be confident. Now to hope the other results go our way tomorrow and later in the week.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Busy night in the Championship thus far.

Fulham beating Forest 3-1, and Brighton lead Ipswich by the same scoreline!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Pearce back under pressure it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Forest falling apart again, can't ever believe I put money on them winning the league :facepalm:

What with Ipswich currently losing and Bournemouth last night, it could all bunch up some more if us, Brentford, Norwich and Watford win our games in hand. However that's far too much optimism for a Wolves fan to have..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The Derby result was clearly just because of WHO they were playing against. False dawns and all that.

ReputationRep:
    Forest pull one back, that Top 8 of the championship is starting to get quite congested

ReputationRep:
    go on fulham
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Full-time scores:

Brighton 3-2 Ipswich
    Fulham 3-2 Nott'm Forest
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Once again shows the beauty of the Championship, so unpredictable. Not a good week for Ipswich.

ReputationRep:
    Win our game in hand and we're 4 points off the top. A bit of consistency and I think we'll make it.

ReputationRep:
    Very good result for Brighton, and perhaps even better for us boro fans. Looking ok at the minute for us. now we need Derby to lose...

*touches every wooden object in house*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Win our game in hand and we're 4 points off the top. A bit of consistency and I think we'll make it.
    What the top 2? Be weird as you're the worst team we've played out of the top 8. Saying that on your day your squad frightens me more than anyone's but Derby
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Only two wins separates the first five really. All to play for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    What the top 2? Be weird as you're the worst team we've played out of the top 8. Saying that on your day your squad frightens me more than anyone's but Derby
    We were dreadful that game. You pressed us so we couldn't play our game. The general way it works is if you press us well, you'll win, if you let us play, we'll more than likely win. Being pressed has been our weakness since Zola got figured out. If Joka can figure it out we'll go up I believe.

Saying that, our record against teams in the top half is awful. We're 18th in that table... Although I do believe we have one of the two best squads in the division. I think it'll show come the end.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.