Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingojango)
    Sure it's not as bad as you thought! Dreading doing mine! Guessing you get about 2 mins to answer, will have to speak quickly
    Good luck i finished my answers with about 10 seconds to spare - I'm pretty sure mine was terrible but oh well onwards and upwards!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I have been invited to complete a video interview with Hill Dickinson. Any advice and/or tips as whether this is wholly competency, or mixed with commercial awareness etc?

Thanks for any guidance!

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 questions about an application form I am filling in:

1. The application asks for a high point as in a job, task or project I did well with regard to ECs- is it appropriate to use representative experience where I solved a really big issue the students had?

2. The application form asks for a cover letter as in a formal letter of introduction - does that include addresses etc? Or can I just write Dear X, graduate recruitment manager etc

Thank you (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need good news)
    Hi to all, I can see that some people have been wondering what is happening with Mishcon de Reya so thought I would let you know about my app process. I applied end of November, heard back middle of Jan with invite for video interview, received an assessment day invite on tuesday this week and had the A/C on Weds, and then received the vac scheme offer on Weds itself. --- for those who applied later (in Jan) there is a chance you may not make it to the A/C if you haven't heard now as they do recruit on a rolling basis and don't have many spaces on the vac scheme.

This is the only app I made and so I cannot comment on other firms processes.

Good luck to all still waiting to hear!

Thanks for this - v informative if disappointing! I work full time so didn't have a chance to do my app earlier than Jan as was flooded with work before Christmas. Such a pain that might be what lets me down.

Do you know how many assessment days they're holding? They didn't give you much notice!

Congrats on the offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonkeymanC3)
    Hi everyone,

I have been invited to complete a video interview with Hill Dickinson. Any advice and/or tips as whether this is wholly competency, or mixed with commercial awareness etc?

Thanks for any guidance!
    Hey, do you mind telling me your deadline to complete the video interview by please? My deadline to do it was the 4th so just wondering if they will be responding on a rolling basis too.

I had very generic questions but I did it a while ago and have done another since and so I cannot remember the exact questions. I'm also not sure if each candidate has the same questions or if they are randomly picked from a bank. Sorry to be of very little help! I do remember that you get 30 seconds before the camera starts recording (more forgiving than my other one which gave you 15!).

ReputationRep:
    Ahh congrats! proof that it can be done! I have my assessment day on Wednesday. Would you mind if I PM'd you for some advice?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    VS offer from Travers Smith

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, has Fieldfisher answered to everyone (after passing both tests)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by London18)
    Hi guys,

Does anyone have any advice for a Fieldfisher telephone interview?

Thanks so much!
    I have a telephone interview with Fieldfisher on Monday. Have you done yours yet? Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SBafa)
    Hi guys, has Fieldfisher answered to everyone (after passing both tests)?
    I heard back from them on Wednesday and have a telephone interview next week. I know a few others who haven't heard back yet though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need good news)
    Hi to all, I can see that some people have been wondering what is happening with Mishcon de Reya so thought I would let you know about my app process. I applied end of November, heard back middle of Jan with invite for video interview, received an assessment day invite on tuesday this week and had the A/C on Weds, and then received the vac scheme offer on Weds itself. --- for those who applied later (in Jan) there is a chance you may not make it to the A/C if you haven't heard now as they do recruit on a rolling basis and don't have many spaces on the vac scheme.

This is the only app I made and so I cannot comment on other firms processes.

Good luck to all still waiting to hear!

Ahh congrats! proof that it can be done! I have my assessment day on Wednesday. Would you mind if I PM'd you for some advice?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayneoh)
    I heard back from them on Wednesday and have a telephone interview next week. I know a few others who haven't heard back yet though!
    waiting is the worst. thanks though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    Hey, do you mind telling me your deadline to complete the video interview by please? My deadline to do it was the 4th so just wondering if they will be responding on a rolling basis too.

I had very generic questions but I did it a while ago and have done another since and so I cannot remember the exact questions. I'm also not sure if each candidate has the same questions or if they are randomly picked from a bank. Sorry to be of very little help! I do remember that you get 30 seconds before the camera starts recording (more forgiving than my other one which gave you 15!).
    Hi there!

My deadline is 11th Feb.

That's great advice, thanks! Can you recall how long you have to reply? I had one which was 2 minutes and another which was only 1 minute - makes all the difference in terms of pressure.

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard from Withers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SBafa)
    Not yet, submitted my application at the end of December...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keep.on.smiling)
    Not yet, submitted my application at the end of December...
    me too :confused: !!! do you think they have like silent rejections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZaraW)
    How long did it take for them to get back to you after your AC? I had my AC early this week.
    (Original post by givemegoodnews)
    Do you mind saying when you interviewed? Thanks
    I was given an offer on the same day I was interviewed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SBafa)
    me too :confused: !!! do you think they have like silent rejections?
    I doubt it, I haven't heard of anyone getting offers from them yet, so I wouldn't panic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SBafa)
    I haven't heard yet. Not expecting much though as their application form was a pain in the arse.

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Slaughters!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.