Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This question has probably been answered previously but I was just wondering how definite the 4-week email is? Two weeks have passed since I received a 4 week email for IR, does this mean I will definitely hear from them within two weeks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atlanticstudent)
    This question has probably been answered previously but I was just wondering how definite the 4-week email is? Two weeks have passed since I received a 4 week email for IR, does this mean I will definitely hear from them within two weeks?
    No one can answer this in a satisfying way. Wait until the 4 weeks are up and then start asking questions if they haven't got back to you yet.

ReputationRep:
    The end of this week is the end of my four weeks + 2 weeks for Christmas. I'm gonna get so angry if there's another 'we need another x weeks to assess your application' email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    We were asked for our opinions. We gave our opinions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Outside of Oxbridge, the most well known Economics courses would be LSE, UCL and Warwick. I believe there would be little separating them in terms of quality of the degree, or even reputation, so it would be left to personal preferences. LSE has great reputation but complaints have always been about the lack of campus and the teaching quality (which is a bit strange but maybe expectations are high). UCL just got officially recognised as top for Economics research quality but then again this should have little meaning for the course and just a boost in reputation which is already high. It does have a better environment, even though it is practically just next door to LSE, being a much larger university. Warwick Business School has built up its reputation and is definitely not inferior in any way to the other two, especially when we are talking about an almost 'standard' Economics undergraduate degree, with great looking campus and quality student life. So, between UCL and Warwick, I suppose the London factor starts to come into play. And, then as said correctly, it is our opinions which is based on our own preferences too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the last week of my 8+2 week waiting period

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsrocks)
    The end of this week is the end of my four weeks + 2 weeks for Christmas. I'm gonna get so angry if there's another 'we need another x weeks to assess your application' email
    You applying straight econ? What are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infinity5)
    Why don't I see a lot of apps for BMS?
    If you are talking about business maths and statistics, then here is one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got a 4 weeks email just now......

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normandi)
    Just curious but has anybody receive an offer/rejection other than on thursday and friday. Or is that an lse thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My friend got one on a Tuesday. That was the week before we got our Christmas email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saab.L)
    Got a 4 weeks email just now......

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Interesting to see them making moves on a Monday. Good luck with the rest of the wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Interesting to see them making moves on a Monday. Good luck with the rest of the wait
    Thanks you too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim1410)
    Another BA Geo applicant here! I haven't seen any geography offer holders from this thread though
    Yay! finally!
    Got offers from other universities or is LSE your firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    If you are talking about business maths and statistics, then here is one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes that is the one!! Finally someone. So in what state is your application? I am waiting from my 2 week email..
    If you don't mind me asking wht are your PG ?

ReputationRep:
    Yes that is the one!! Finally someone. So in what state is your application? I am waiting from my 2 week email..
    If you don't mind me asking wht are your PG ?
    I just got my 4 week email today. Should get a final decision this time.

My PDs are A*A*A*B and have achieved an A* in my native language but usually it doesn't count.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got my 4 week email today. Should get a final decision this time.

My PDs are A*A*A*B and have achieved an A* in my native language but usually it doesn't count.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is great! Good luck..I have already finished 2 A2s with A* and expect 2 more..but this waiting is really killing me :-(

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck between UCL for Statistics, Economics and Finance (Conditional Offer) and LSE for Maths with Economics (4 week email)
    Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nayilgervinho)
    I'm stuck between UCL for Statistics, Economics and Finance (Conditional Offer) and LSE for Maths with Economics (4 week email)
    Opinions?
    If you get LSE, 100% LSE, there's no debate about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nayilgervinho)
    Opinions?
    LSE

ReputationRep:
    That is great! Good luck..I have already finished 2 A2s with A* and expect 2 more..but this waiting is really killing me :-(
    Impressive grades!
    I agree. This waiting is driving me nuts. LSE is really taking their time.... But let's just be more patient and keep our fingers crossed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for law at the lse... I'm7/8 weeks atm, so I shouldn't be this worried... still the wait is killing me.
    For you guys asking:
    8A*s 2As IGCSE (international student).
    3As 1B AS
    2A*S 1A predicted for A2.
    Not the greatest of grades. My PS and extracurriculars are killer, however. Good luck to everyone!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.