The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone's opinion would be appreciated
Original post by Honey badger123
Anyone's opinion would be appreciated

I think this year's A* will be 67, so you'd get 86-88 UMS, but that's just my opinion don't count on it :smile:
Please can you post the official Edexcel mark schemes for mathematics a-level for example google drive link . Thanks in advance
Original post by Genius123456
Please can you post the official Edexcel mark schemes for mathematics a-level for example google drive link . Thanks in advance

They're not even on the emporium yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingaaran
They're not even on the emporium yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

When they are on the emporium please can you post on this thread by google drive link
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingaaran
Mark Scheme...

Do you have the AEA mark scheme for edexcel? if so can you upload it? thanks
Damn not sure if I put pi/6 in the taylor question or just subbed in 5pi/12 and then gave the printed answer. I hope I did. Too long ago.
(edited 7 years ago)
Realistic boundary predictions? for an A? does everyone still agree with the one above? "67 - A*
61 - A
54 - B
46 - C
39 - D

etc

Plus or minus 1 on all boundaries"
By Edothero
Original post by SB0073
Realistic boundary predictions? for an A? does everyone still agree with the one above? "67 - A*
61 - A
54 - B
46 - C
39 - D

etc

Plus or minus 1 on all boundaries"
By Edothero

I think it's a fair estimation, even though deep down I'm praying that 66 is the A* boundary, that 1 mark means a lot to me
Original post by kelvin1338
I think it's a fair estimation, even though deep down I'm praying that 66 is the A* boundary, that 1 mark means a lot to me

Every mark matters, we all know that :smile: Hope you get your grades
Original post by kelvin1338

If it matters I genuinely think with 66 u could have got 92UMS cus I think it could go as low as 65 for A* and 57/58 for A this year... Everyone seemed really upset, including myself, apart from a very few but I do understand why people doubt these boundaries because of how high fp2 is normally
Original post by maruchan
fingers crossed the boundaries are low. I think it will be considering many people found it quite hard:smile:

How did u think u did in fp2 in terms of marks? I honestly am upset cus A* is gone seeing as I think I got 57-59marks following the mark scheme but did well in m3 and fp3 but its just not enough, hopefully some unexpectedly low boundaries if I want any chance of A* loool
I honestly can't believe that this exam has standard grade boundaries...
The paper was unbelievably hard.
Original post by yussefsoudan
I honestly can't believe that this exam has standard grade boundaries...
The paper was unbelievably hard.

To be fair, they are lower than the last two years, and I wouldn't call those standard; especially last year had some newish stuff, it's just people are too good at FP2 lol. I didn't sit the paper but I saw it and yes it was trickier than usual but objectively speaking I don't think it was that hard. The fact is that the boundaries are set this way to get a similar amount achieving each grade as last year. Most people will do as well as they have tended to on past papers in terms of UMS as the boundaries are set to try to make things equal across years, so, not that it is very helpful to say, I don't think there is much cause to worry.
I'm glad to be getting a C in FP2 to be honest, I felt too invincible after my streak of 100s it had to end somewhere.
Original post by DesignPredator
I'm glad to be getting a C in FP2 to be honest, I felt too invincible after my streak of 100s it had to end somewhere.

Wow we're all so impressed...
Original post by DesignPredator

That is an odd dip in form. Could you not hack the tiny difficulty increase? :colondollar:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
That is an odd dip in form. Could you not hack the tiny difficulty increase? :colondollar:

The ironic thing is I got the hard questions and messed up the easy ones :frown:, I messed up Q1 that says something!
Original post by target21859
Wow we're all so impressed...

Shut ur mouth u sad wasteman

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending