x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How much UMS for 65/75

ReputationRep:
    Anyone's opinion would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honey badger123)
    Anyone's opinion would be appreciated
    I think this year's A* will be 67, so you'd get 86-88 UMS, but that's just my opinion don't count on it

ReputationRep:
    Please can you post the official Edexcel mark schemes for mathematics a-level for example google drive link . Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genius123456)
    Please can you post the official Edexcel mark schemes for mathematics a-level for example google drive link . Thanks in advance
    They're not even on the emporium yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    They're not even on the emporium yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When they are on the emporium please can you post on this thread by google drive link
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mark Scheme...
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf 12b_FP2_June_2016_mark_scheme.pdf (746.9 KB, 220 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Mark Scheme...
    Do you have the AEA mark scheme for edexcel? if so can you upload it? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Damn not sure if I put pi/6 in the taylor question or just subbed in 5pi/12 and then gave the printed answer. I hope I did. Too long ago.

ReputationRep:
    Realistic boundary predictions? for an A? does everyone still agree with the one above? "67 - A*
    61 - A
    54 - B
    46 - C
    39 - D

etc

Plus or minus 1 on all boundaries"
    By Edothero

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB0073)
    Realistic boundary predictions? for an A? does everyone still agree with the one above? "67 - A*
    61 - A
    54 - B
    46 - C
    39 - D

etc

Plus or minus 1 on all boundaries"
    By Edothero
    I think it's a fair estimation, even though deep down I'm praying that 66 is the A* boundary, that 1 mark means a lot to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelvin1338)
    I think it's a fair estimation, even though deep down I'm praying that 66 is the A* boundary, that 1 mark means a lot to me
    Every mark matters, we all know that Hope you get your grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelvin1338)
    If it matters I genuinely think with 66 u could have got 92UMS cus I think it could go as low as 65 for A* and 57/58 for A this year... Everyone seemed really upset, including myself, apart from a very few but I do understand why people doubt these boundaries because of how high fp2 is normally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maruchan)
    fingers crossed the boundaries are low. I think it will be considering many people found it quite hard
    How did u think u did in fp2 in terms of marks? I honestly am upset cus A* is gone seeing as I think I got 57-59marks following the mark scheme but did well in m3 and fp3 but its just not enough, hopefully some unexpectedly low boundaries if I want any chance of A* loool

ReputationRep:
    I honestly can't believe that this exam has standard grade boundaries...
    The paper was unbelievably hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yussefsoudan)
    I honestly can't believe that this exam has standard grade boundaries...
    The paper was unbelievably hard.
    To be fair, they are lower than the last two years, and I wouldn't call those standard; especially last year had some newish stuff, it's just people are too good at FP2 lol. I didn't sit the paper but I saw it and yes it was trickier than usual but objectively speaking I don't think it was that hard. The fact is that the boundaries are set this way to get a similar amount achieving each grade as last year. Most people will do as well as they have tended to on past papers in terms of UMS as the boundaries are set to try to make things equal across years, so, not that it is very helpful to say, I don't think there is much cause to worry.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to be getting a C in FP2 to be honest, I felt too invincible after my streak of 100s it had to end somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    I'm glad to be getting a C in FP2 to be honest, I felt too invincible after my streak of 100s it had to end somewhere.
    Wow we're all so impressed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    That is an odd dip in form. Could you not hack the tiny difficulty increase?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    That is an odd dip in form. Could you not hack the tiny difficulty increase?
    The ironic thing is I got the hard questions and messed up the easy ones , I messed up Q1 that says something!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 24, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.