The Manchester United Thread XX

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    1. Mourinho favoured Oscar at AM for his industry(which is the very reason why no matter what you guys say, Rooney will not be dropped) and he mentioned this at Chelsea.

2. Team struggled with pressing under RDM and Benitez, Mourinho said he wanted the team to press more from the front and track back, you have Hazard and Mata in the team and you struggle with tracking back. Hazard has a counter attacking threat and injects pace compared to Mata so it's clear who Mourinho favours.

3. Schurrle was scoring goals on the right and Mourinho felt that Mata could work on the flanks best under him, he ain't taking left flank for obvious reasons so he's left battling De Bruyne/Schurrle/Willian for a place.

Mourinho unlike what he did at Chelsea hasn't really spoke too much in detail about his tactical plans for the club.
    On the third point, he's fighting Mkhi, Lingard and Rashford here; competition is just as tough. Mata (your two time and current player of the year) was better than all of them at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    On the third point, he's fighting Mkhi, Lingard and Rashford here; competition is just as tough. Mata (your two time and current player of the year) was better than all of them at the time.
    Other than Mkhitaryan no player is as good as the Chelsea AMs/RWs we had at the time. Also Mourinho did say that he wanted Mata to adapt at RW and he's played there for 3 seasons now.

Anyway hard to tell what Mourinho really wants from the team just yet as he is not using his full strength squad and Pogba will offer a different style of play to any of the other midfielders in the team.

ReputationRep:
    Castles has confirmed Mata & Blind are both staying as they've won Mourinho over.

Seen Young linked to Palace though, we badly need to move players on. Him, Rojo & Schweinsteiger should all go by deadline day. Our wage bill must be ****ing ridiculous at the moment, luckily it's not just us as City are in the exact same position with Yaya, Bony, Navas, Mangala, Nasri.

Think we're going to see this happening a lot more often with all the money in the Premier League. Too many duds on huge contracts who won't leave as they know they won't get the same deal anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho saying Fellaini is a key player in our team....saddens me....

**** Fellaini and **** Rooney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    Mourinho saying Fellaini is a key player in our team....saddens me....

**** Fellaini and **** Rooney.
    And Bad Boy as a staff, record label, and as a whole mother****ing crew?

ReputationRep:
    Truth is, if Fergie was manager with this squad, Fella would still start loads of matches. There's obviously a reason why every manager he's played under has used him.

ReputationRep:
    I'm salty that Chelsea have won their first game :pain:

I was just watching the game and to be honest they deserved that goal at the end.

ReputationRep:
    Truth is, if Fergie was manager with this squad, Fella would still start loads of matches. There's obviously a reason why every manager he's played under has used him.
    Fergie wouldn't have bought Fellani ever mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    Fergie wouldn't have bought Fellani ever mate.
    Did I say that you dozy twit?

ReputationRep:
    Jose uses a small squad, so I would imagine he'll need to butter people up, he's already talked about Rashford, and Memphis players who you would expect will see few minutes. Would imagine as Pogba builds up fitness, Fellaini will be no different.

ReputationRep:
    That's part of Mourinho's skill set. He is very good at increasing an average player's confidence in order to boost their form.

ReputationRep:
    Did I say that you dozy twit?
    What you said was common sense; of course if a manager has current resources (i.e. players) he's going to use them but whether that manager actually keeps those players or lets them go is another story.

We now have far too many players (some of which don't really benefit this "new style" of playing but are still in the team a.k.a. Fellaini being one of those of course).

ReputationRep:
    There's worser players who need to go before Fellaini.

Thoughts on Jose Fonte? Wouldn't mind him as a back-up. The thought of having Jones/Rojo in defence is frightening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    That's part of Mourinho's skill set. He is very good at increasing an average player's confidence in order to boost their form.
    more bursting box to box dynamic runs like this pls

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Some of those back-up's are absolute AIDS... Memphis, Jones and Romero..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Some of those back-up's are absolute AIDS... Memphis, Jones and Romero..
    Memphis- Think he'll have a decent season under Mou.
    Jones- Most likely gone and we other players such as Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe's who has generated a lot of buzz.
    Romero- Argentina's no1 as a back up is ok if you ask me.

On the whole the squads looking pretty strong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Memphis- Think he'll have a decent season under Mou.
    Jones- Most likely gone and we other players such as Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe's who has generated a lot of buzz.
    Romero- Argentina's no1 as a back up is ok if you ask me.

On the whole the squads looking pretty strong.
    Really? He is lazy, sluggish and doesn't track back. He sounds like Mou's worst nightmare. He'll be gone by this time next year imo.

Jones should be played in a few Europa games, build up some hype, then flog him to Sunderland for £12m.

ReputationRep:
    I like Romero.

Also Jones is still Duncan Edwards V.2 IDEC *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Really? He is lazy, sluggish and doesn't track back. He sounds like Mou's worst nightmare. He'll be gone by this time next year imo.

Jones should be played in a few Europa games, build up some hype, then flog him to Sunderland for £12m.
    Hopefully he realises its his last chance to make a case for himself and start to earn his place in the team. If he doesn't then he can roll out in his Royce.

Jones and Rojo need to go ASAP. Rooney gone next year (now would be ideal but we all can't have what we want).

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.