Leeds and Reading Festivals 2009 Watch

hannahlou27
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lottie12)
If you come via motorway, you will die. The motorway gets PACKED! However, if you take all the country roads, it won't be too bad. I drove to leeds fest last year and took mainly country roads and it didn't take as long as I thought.
I'm not going to the actual festival, just the city centre. Does it make any difference?
King Pieb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hannahlou27)
Lincolnshire? Lol

Nahh, Reading :P
lottie12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hannahlou27)
I'm not going to the actual festival, just the city centre. Does it make any difference?
I honestly don't know as they change the routes people have to go each time.

There's some routes here - http://forums.leedsfestival.com/tm.aspx?m=1084294 - so basically avoid them!

You can get into Leeds by loads of different junctions so whichever is the "Leeds festival" junction off the M1, avoid that one :p:
banannah
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
:no:

I'm a vegetarian :erm:

I have many nutrigrain bars, crisps, marshmallows and packets of couscous that I can heat up with water :yep:

I have this pathetic tiny stove thing that is heated by tiny fuel tablet things.
Apart from that i'm just gonna starve :woo:
I'm vegi too! Vegetarian scotch eggs, falafel, lots of fruit.. We can feel superior in our healthiness! There's loads of vegi food stalls in the arena too
brokenheroes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i'm gonna live off the sorta stuff you can buy in tesco and just keep in your tent. cheese and onion pasties, crisps, fruit etc for the morning and then a chinese every night from one of the stalls. yayyyy. don't really eat anything during the day.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
2 years ago I went into Tescos whilst wasted and bought 15 cans of tinned peaches for my Reading weekend. Seemed hillarious at the time. Was less so when I woke up the next morning cold, hungry hungover and with only cold tinned peaches to look forward to.
Jellynubbin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If someone could help me out here I'll rep you for like a week cos I'm freaking outttt haha.

So i'm going reading with my boyf, his mate, his sister and her mate and its gonna be awesome, but we had to get some of the tickets off eBay and one of them looks totally different to the rest...its bigger and red and white? Is someone trying to scam us here or is it okay? People have said that its cos it was bought from HMV but i reckon it might be the voucher to get a ticket? argh

any help MUCH appreciated!!!
blinkbelle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by emmaec)
I have a trolley....so i'm guessing it's pretty easy to get it across the muddy terain? Shouldn't be too bad, should arrive at about 2 tomorrow but i'm worried about the rain...
I don't think the rain/mud will be a problem this year. Even if it does rain, it will not be anywhere near as bad as last year.

The only reason why last year was a mudbath was because of the remarkably wet summer we'd had previously, plus extra rain over the weekend. Since this summer's been relatively normal and non-rainy, we should be alright!

xxx

ps. my trolley worked fine in the mud last yr so yours should be alright in most conditions this yr.:yep:
JohnnySPal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jellynubbin)
If someone could help me out here I'll rep you for like a week cos I'm freaking outttt haha.

So i'm going reading with my boyf, his mate, his sister and her mate and its gonna be awesome, but we had to get some of the tickets off eBay and one of them looks totally different to the rest...its bigger and red and white? Is someone trying to scam us here or is it okay? People have said that its cos it was bought from HMV but i reckon it might be the voucher to get a ticket? argh

Can you post pictures of the tickets? (if no camera/scanner, can you steal a picture from the eBay auction?)
mindy123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Ring up and ask, or plead ignorance on the day.
Less_then_zero
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

does it have pictures on it....
neiljeff123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hey guys, does any1 know if you can buy early bird tickets on the gate. last year we got to leeds at about 4am thursday morning and were able to. but im not sure about this year, the website isnt really clear
chris_fc
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by banannah)
I'll hopefully be in either yellow, red or blue.

Just got my drink sorted! 30 cans of Strongbow, a bottle of Mickey Finns and a litre of vodka
erm you sure they're not in glass bottles?!
blinkbelle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by neiljeff123)
hey guys, does any1 know if you can buy early bird tickets on the gate. last year we got to leeds at about 4am thursday morning and were able to. but im not sure about this year, the website isnt really clear
You won't need early bird, gates open 3am Thurs am! xx
magicbuspass
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Flossy_)
Snap! My gf and I are going Southend to Paddington to Reading. We're also both going to Sussex in September, she's also doing Philosophy. Let's have a Sussex meet on the train
Hey Flossy, and to anyone else concerned - the tickets from Paddington to Reading - are they the ones I should book in advance or on the ticket stall on the day? Is it worth risking?
neiljeff123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by blinkbelle)
You won't need early bird, gates open 3am Thurs am! xx
where on earth did you get this info from???
blinkbelle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by neiljeff123)
where on earth did you get this info from???
The Leeds Festival website...? :confused:
chris_fc
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
leeds gates open at 3am thursday, reading is 8am
Jellynubbin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by JohnnySPal)
Can you post pictures of the tickets? (if no camera/scanner, can you steal a picture from the eBay auction?)
this sounds stupid, but I hadn't thought of looking on ebay :facepalm: and it looks as if its alright..thanks for the bright idea, i was too stressed to think straight!!
Ollie20
Badges: 1
Report 9 years ago
I bought my ticket off ebay from a company called viagogo and I've just been told I need to bring my recipt with me when I go, is this true?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise