Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

• PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    I might actually try and avoid the trailers and go into the episode completely blind. I'll try...
    I tried to do that. I failed.

ReputationRep:
    I might actually try and avoid the trailers and go into the episode completely blind. I'll try...
    I might try this too :teehee:

I don't know if I'll be able to control myself, though! At least there's only two more weeks

ReputationRep:
    OMG! OMG! Who saw the trailer! Who saw the trailer!!!

(My plan to avoid trailers has failed massively)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    If you're talking about Catching Fire that's actually out on the 22nd :yep:
    Nope! It's season 4 of something super fun...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Nope! It's season 4 of something super fun...
    Ooo exciting :jive: currently on a rewatch atm.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the trailer for The Day o' The Doctor, and it looks amazing. Anyone know if it's showing in VUE cinemas?

ReputationRep:
    That trailer was FANTASTIC. Brilliant. Cool.

ReputationRep:
    There is a second trailer on the BBC site. This one is even better. :bhangra:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01lb74r

Spoiler:
    Show
    Love all the Tennant and Smith moments

ReputationRep:
    This is hard already...

ReputationRep:
    This is hard already...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01lb74r click it :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    Not sure I can even cope with the epicness of the Ten-Eleven interactions even just in the trailer... *flail*

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01l45lp

Spoiler:
    Show
    Rose's eyes looked yellow when she mentioned the moment, i believe it's the alternate reality version. I also consider my Timewar suspicion confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    the trailers :coma:

I actually feel giddy watching them, it looks just freaking awesome

god I love this show so so much :love:

hurry up next 2 weeks and pass so the Day of the Doctor can be with us!!!!!!!!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    John Hurt(Day of the Doctor) Discussion:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Is anyone else severely concerned that he probably is an incarnation between the 8th and 9th Doctor's and that he ended the Time War? because this seems to have been almost confirmed by the trailers.If this is true then the established canon of Doctor Who has been breached and I don't know what to do because 8 has to regenerate into 9 and end the time war it has been in canon too long and loads have fans have worked on stories/fan made videos depicting the time war as an 8th Doctor event and making there be now 12 doctors(sort of 11 with the promise being broken).I really don't know why Steven Moffat would do this because this is the worst possible thing you could do to Doctor Who fans for the 50th Anniversary.I have just got to hope the whole episode is set in the doctor's time stream and then we may just have a canonical way out of this that the doctor's original secret was his name but because of all the damage to the time stream by the Great Intelligence,Clara and the Doctor a new timeline was created where a John Hurt Doctor ended the Time War but this was all corrected and put back to 8th Doctor ending the Time War by the end of the episode lets just hope that this get out clause can work in the episode and it isn't mentioned again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Is anyone else severely concerned that he probably is an incarnation between the 8th and 9th Doctor's and that he ended the Time War? because this seems to have been almost confirmed by the trailers.If this is true then the established canon of Doctor Who has been breached and I don't know what to do because 8 has to regenerate into 9 and end the time war it has been in canon too long and loads have fans have worked on stories/fan made videos depicting the time war as an 8th Doctor event and making there be now 12 doctors(sort of 11 with the promise being broken).I really don't know why Steven Moffat would do this because this is the worst possible thing you could do to Doctor Who fans for the 50th Anniversary.I have just got to hope the whole episode is set in the doctor's time stream and then we may just have a canonical way out of this that the doctor's original secret was his name but because of all the damage to the time stream by the Great Intelligence,Clara and the Doctor a new timeline was created where a John Hurt Doctor ended the Time War but this was all corrected and put back to 8th Doctor ending the Time War by the end of the episode lets just hope that this get out clause can work in the episode and it isn't mentioned again.
    This is speculation, I've not seen any of the trailers yet:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    this has never been cannon, it's just been assumed. We've never seen the regeneration between 8 and 9, so there could be one between them. If, as has been theorised, the John Hurt Doctor did something so terrible that he cannot be 'the Doctor' then it makes sense for later regenerations to not include him in their count.

ReputationRep:
    Tennant and Smith on the same screen my god the epicness!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    fan fiction/videos are not and have never been considered canon...

ReputationRep:
    Having just seen the trailers...

That sonic screwdriver moment in the second one :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Rose

Spoiler:
    Show
    Really hoping Rose gets to meet the 11th Doctor in the 50th, haven't seen them, or Rose and Clara together once so wondering where she fits into it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    fan fiction/videos are not and have never been considered canon...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Lots of audio/book adventures have had the 8th Doctor ending the Time War.It is established canon and Steven Moffat has no right to change it and certainly no right to just add doctors between incarnations.I now have a new idea in response what if there was an incarnation of the Doctor between 2 and 3(we didn't quite see the regeneration properly) what if there was a Doctor between 6 and 7(just because he had the same coat and blond curly hair doesn't mean this is the same Doctor).All of these ideas are completely silly and are just intended to split into established canon and ruin everything and I feel exactly the same about this John Hurt's Doctor.I wonder how hurt the actual people who have wrote/produced official/fan productions based on the 8th regenerating into the 9th must feel-it is a complete attack on their hard work and patience and shouldn't be tolerated.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.