Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I've just started watching Arrow and I'm finding it enjoyable.
    I love the uniqueness of how they show the plotline - or shall I say, plotlines. Although acting from the lead can be a bit bland at times, it is a fantastic show overall. The battle scenes rarely disappoint. Subordinate plots have sufficient emotional detail.

Also... if you watch it for long enough... it eventually just becomes one huge Doctor Who reunion. (Spoilers!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    I love the uniqueness of how they show the plotline - or shall I say, plotlines. Although acting from the lead can be a bit bland at times, it is a fantastic show overall. The battle scenes rarely disappoint. Subordinate plots have sufficient emotional detail.

Also... if you watch it for long enough... it eventually just becomes one huge Doctor Who reunion. (Spoilers!)
    Not a Doctor Who fan anyway. I'm currently on episode 6 and I love it.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what enrichment they're doing? Is young enterprise a good one, since it gives UCAS points:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Anyone know what enrichment they're doing? Is young enterprise a good one, since it gives UCAS points:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Further Maths takes up my enrichment. UCAS points aren't everything anyway.

ReputationRep:
    hello everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm going to do some form of music enrichment. The college I'm going to used to offer Music Technology as an A Level, but the teacher left so now they can't run it. Instead, one of the Media Studies guys organises events for bands and solo artists to play throughout the year, alongside other music related stuff, so I'm probably going to do that. Most of the enrichment at my college is sport related... I hate sport... Unless it's a good ol' game of rounders.

Enrichment at my college is pretty cool. Lessons are 90 minutes long, and there are 4 lessons a day. So on a Wednesday afternoon, rather than having two lessons, everyone comes off timetable for around three and a half hours, and we do enrichment then. Well, you can just go home if you want to... But I'm doing enrichment.

ReputationRep:
    'Enrichment'... o.0?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    I'm going to do some form of music enrichment. The college I'm going to used to offer Music Technology as an A Level, but the teacher left so now they can't run it. Instead, one of the Media Studies guys organises events for bands and solo artists to play throughout the year, alongside other music related stuff, so I'm probably going to do that. Most of the enrichment at my college is sport related... I hate sport... Unless it's a good ol' game of rounders.

Enrichment at my college is pretty cool. Lessons are 90 minutes long, and there are 4 lessons a day. So on a Wednesday afternoon, rather than having two lessons, everyone comes off timetable for around three and a half hours, and we do enrichment then. Well, you can just go home if you want to... But I'm doing enrichment.
    Haha that's really cool!:cool: Do you perform?
    Yh they offered dance, badminton etc.. at my college but unfortunately i have two left feet and stage fright!
    At some colleges enrichment is essential, at mine's it's optional - is yours essential/optional?
    What are your career plans, if you don't mind me asking?
    It's just that i've chose young enterprise and im thinking of a science based career, is it better if your enrichment is linked to your future job prospects?
    p.s sorry for bombarding you with questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    'Enrichment'... o.0?
    Enrichment -activities/volunteering provided by your college, the aim is to either boost your CV and in some cases make you a better candidate for a job. Some enrichment's are appealing to Uni's so it's always good to do one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Haha that's really cool!:cool: Do you perform?
    Yh they offered dance, badminton etc.. at my college but unfortunately i have two left feet and stage fright!
    At some colleges enrichment is essential, at mine's it's optional - is yours essential/optional?
    What are your career plans, if you don't mind me asking?
    It's just that i've chose young enterprise and im thinking of a science based career, is it better if your enrichment is linked to your future job prospects?
    p.s sorry for bombarding you with questions
    It's cool don't worry, I'll answer them all.

Not currently, but I have performed in a band numerous times (3...), and I used to do some acting thing when I was 10-12, but I dropped that because I lost interest and I probably wasn't that great anyway. I just love being on a stage though and prancing around whilst holding an instrument.. It's great.

As far as I know it's optional at my college, but I'm doing it anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

I don't have a career plan... I don't even want to go to college. If I could have things my way, I'd be working right now, saving up to travel the world. But it looks like I'm still going to be able to do that, I'll just be working in a part-time job. Honestly, the things I would do just to be able to tour in a band and travel the world... These guys are living the life right now. They're massive in their scene, but hardly known to the majority of people. That video just gets me stoked on life. That's what I want to do. In regards to education, I have no clue. I just took two subjects I enjoy (Maths and German) and two subjects that I'm interested in (Psychology and Sociology). I wouldn't mind doing a degree in Criminology... But apart from that, I really don't know.

I don't know what that is, but I guess if your enrichment is somewhat related to your chosen career path then it will give you an upper-hand.

Sorry for the essay, but you asked.

ReputationRep:
    Decided to order Breaking Bad on DVD, but I really don't have the money for it. I will watch all of it then hopefully can sell it quickly for a good part of it back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    I think my parents have one but idk where it is :eek: vinyls are about £20 at this shop in town. There's one vinyl coming out that i definitely want though....
    What is it? We have stuff on Vinyl that we don't have on CD, and so I want to play them! They are expensive! I might end up going to car boot sales instead!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Decided to order Breaking Bad on DVD, but I really don't have the money for it. I will watch all of it then hopefully can sell it quickly for a good part of it back!
    I don't understand why anyone would buy DVDs in this day and age *cough* sharing is caring *cough* so many people do it *cough*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Enrichment -activities/volunteering provided by your college, the aim is to either boost your CV and in some cases make you a better candidate for a job. Some enrichment's are appealing to Uni's so it's always good to do one
    Oh, right, I think we have something that's meant to be like that - it's just the term 'enrichment' caught me completely off guard.

If I'm right, then in my equivalent of enrichment, I'll be trying to get some sort of award in Japanese. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    I don't know anyone who uses DVD's anymore

(Original post by Bude8)
    I don't understand why anyone would buy DVDs in this day and age *cough* sharing is caring *cough* so many people do it *cough*
    Hell yeah :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    What is it? We have stuff on Vinyl that we don't have on CD, and so I want to play them! They are expensive! I might end up going to car boot sales instead!
    What's your budget for a record player? And would you want just a portable player with average built-in speakers, or a proper hi-fi system with decent external speakers?

If you already have a nice pair of speakers, then you might only need a USB turntable, which you can get extremely cheap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Felt Mountain by Goldfrapp it's my favourite album of all time :drool: their new album leaked and it's my favourite this year it's just so good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't even know what enrichment was until it was explained further down! I'll probably do something music related like an orchestra or swing band, maybe a choir/glee club if they have it :3

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody in this thread use Lastfm? It would be cool to see if any of us share a taste in music.

http://www.last.fm/user/LewcusXD

I made my account over two years ago.. Judge my username.. I don't care..
    You also get to see a really bad picture of me from December 2012 if you click that link. I look nothing like that now, I just haven't bothered to change my picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    The last time I downloaded 20GB worth of data it took 2 months.

That's why

(Original post by lolface32)
    I don't know anyone who uses DVD's anymore

Hell yeah :cool:
    Well when the blu ray set is over twice the price it's pretty pointless to buy that if I just want to watch it and sell it again.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.