Report 4 years ago
What's the C7 theory?
Sulfur
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by JasonBrown2K14)
You never know. You may walk into the exam hall at 2.00pm today and come out at 3.00 saying 'I owned that paper!' with a big grin on your face.

I am just having breakfast and then I'm cracking open the past papers. I went to bed yesterday murmuring all the C7 theory - I think I've revised too much! :P
I can only hope I need to nail this paper but I'm doubting it - I hate standard solution, it makes no sense and all of this on ethanol is a pain too! Good luck!
eelg100
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sulfur)
I can only hope I need to nail this paper but I'm doubting it - I hate standard solution, it makes no sense and all of this on ethanol is a pain too! Good luck!
Thanks for the haber process
I fell asleep also can you please explain titration
Sulfur
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by eelg100)
Thanks for the haber process
I fell asleep also can you please explain titration
Titrations are used to find out how much volume of alkali is needed to neutralise the acid.

1. Use a burette and fill it with an alkali
2. Pipette the acid into the conical flask
3. Use a white tile and place it under the conical flask (to see colour change more vividly)
4. Add two drops of indicator - this shows the change in colour/neutralisation
5. Slowly, one drop at a time, add the alkali to the acid through the burette
6. When there's a colour change, you can work out the amount of alkali needed to neutralise the acid by the total volume - volume used = volume needed to neutralise (end point)
7. Use this as a rough titration, and do three more repeats and get them +- 0.2 cm3 between each other so that they're concordant.
eelg100
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sulfur)
Titrations are used to find out how much volume of alkali is needed to neutralise the acid.

1. Use a burette and fill it with an alkali
2. Pipette the acid into the conical flask
3. Use a white tile and place it under the conical flask (to see colour change more vividly)
4. Add two drops of indicator - this shows the change in colour/neutralisation
5. Slowly, one drop at a time, add the alkali to the acid through the burette
6. When there's a colour change, you can work out the amount of alkali needed to neutralise the acid by the total volume - volume used = volume needed to neutralise (end point)
7. Use this as a rough titration, and do three more repeats and get them +- 0.2 cm3 between each other so that they're concordant.
I'm sorry for the constant questions but the cgp is full of detailed unnecessary info.You explain it much better
Also I'm only left with chromatography which my teacher said it is a possible 6 mark question.Can you please help me understand.It help me a lot.
corporal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can someone post a link fr the c7 specimen paper Markscheme Please
Fishhy34
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm so nervous for this exam and I've been through content to an extent where I just don't want to do it anymore :'( what do you guys recommend ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Swag>education
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When the molecule stops moving has it reached dynamic equilibrium because the amount leaving the mobile phase for the stationary phase is equal to the amount leaving the stationary phase for the mobile phase so the over all effect is nil I.e they stop

Posted from TSR Mobile
JustAPye
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
Lol!! Haha that's a good one. Mine is Ron Dyed Potter's Deathnote

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol mine is Rape Dat Purple Dinosaur
corporal
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
viddy9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by corporal)
C7 Specimen paper mark scheme is under the questions here:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/80682-u...accredited.pdf
JasonBrown2K14
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by corporal)
Voila.

And I have put the C7 June 2013s in.
Pandorax
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Guys, would anyone be able to tell me the answers to any of these questions in quick bullet points?;w;

>Describe the procedure of quantitative analysis using titration
>Discuss the sustainability and impact on the environment of the process used to manufacture ammonia and fertilisers

>Sustainability and environmental impacts/social impacts if any of biotechnology, synthesis and fermentation

>Explain what is meant by the term dynamic equilibrium, use the haver process as an example

Thankyou! You don't have to answer all of them, but if you know an answer to any of them please say 8-8)/)
JustAPye
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pandorax)
Guys, would anyone be able to tell me the answers to any of these questions in quick bullet points?;w;

>Describe the procedure of quantitative analysis using titration
>Discuss the sustainability and impact on the environment of the process used to manufacture ammonia and fertilisers

>Sustainability and environmental impacts/social impacts if any of biotechnology, synthesis and fermentation

>Explain what is meant by the term dynamic equilibrium, use the haver process as an example

Thankyou! You don't have to answer all of them, but if you know an answer to any of them please say 8-8)/)
Dynamic equilibrium is when the amount of products and reactants does not change. It occurs within reversible reactions, so both reactions are happening at the same rate. For example if someone enters a shop every time someone leaves, the concentration stays the same.
-sophia-
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
On the first question on the specimen paper it asks "what is the functional group of carboxylic acids" and on the mark scheme it's COOH and not -COOH
Why??
SSJ97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Methanoic acid is a weak acid and hydrochloric acid is a strong acid.
Describe a reaction, other than with carbonates, that shows that methanoic acid is an
acid.
Compare this with a similar reaction of hydrochloric acid to demonstrate why one is a
weak acid and the other a strong acid.
Include relevant balanced equations in your answer.
 The quality of written communication will be assessed in your answer to this question

Someone help me out on this, I just really don't understand it :/ thanks
Swag>education
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by -sophia-)
On the first question on the specimen paper it asks "what is the functional group of carboxylic acids" and on the mark scheme it's COOH and not -COOH
Why??
It's the same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
-sophia-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Swag>education)
It's the same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh ok thanks I was really confused!
-sophia-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can anyone describe fractional distillation in note form please?
Krollo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by -sophia-)
Can anyone describe fractional distillation in note form please?
- Put your alcohol under a fractionating column, and heat it gently.
- The top of the column is at the precise temperature so that only alcohol gets there without condensing.
- The alcohol fumes flow through a condenser, which reforms them into a more concentrated alcohol.

Repeat, if you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (860)
80.37%
Leave (210)
19.63%

Watched Threads