Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it still worth applying to Barclays? Anyone had much activity with them? I actually really like the sound of the SW, but haven't got round to applying yet.

(Original post by Manuelle)
    Has anyone heard back from RBS after successfully completing their tests?
    I know a few people with offers. I haven't heard anything since completing their tests - would happily take it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manuelle)
    I've received an invite to numerical. It's SHL apparently.

Has anyone heard back from RBS after successfully completing their tests?
    They told me there'd be a delay in processing my app to telephone assessment, but haven't heard anything since :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Is it still worth applying to Barclays? Anyone had much activity with them? I actually really like the sound of the SW, but haven't got round to applying yet.

I know a few people with offers. I haven't heard anything since completing their tests - would happily take it though.
    What appeals about barclays? It's quite awful
    That said, they process applications for ages (a friend applied in January and got it), take loads of people and convert a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by craycray)
    They told me there'd be a delay in processing my app to telephone assessment, but haven't heard anything since :/
    was that after passing numerical? How long after the numerical.did you get that email

ReputationRep:
    Anyone hear back from icap ac the one on 28th nov?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aenigma)
    What appeals about barclays? It's quite awful
    That said, they process applications for ages (a friend applied in January and got it), take loads of people and convert a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A few people told me they thought it was good, particularly for getting an insight into trading desks. Also the potential to convert to a first year internship if you're extremely lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    A few people told me they thought it was good, particularly for getting an insight into trading desks. Also the potential to convert to a first year internship if you're extremely lucky.
    It's classroom like for 4.5 days
    The other half is spent shadowing 2 desks for about 2hrs and a presentation
    You won't convert to the first year internship; they're are criteria which you don't meet.
    If you know absolutely noting, barclays is quite good because it's general but a lot less intense than MS. If you know a bit and have a divisional preference it's relatively boring
    That said, it is paid (£250), which is decent

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview for CS next week.. anyone has had it? its with IBD & Securities 1 hour long...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aenigma)
    It's classroom like for 4.5 days
    The other half is spent shadowing 2 desks for about 2hrs and a presentation
    You won't convert to the first year internship; they're are criteria which you don't meet.
    If you know absolutely noting, barclays is quite good because it's general but a lot less intense than MS. If you know a bit and have a divisional preference it's relatively boring
    That said, it is paid (£250), which is decent

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which SWs did you do?

Can't be that bad for £250, on top of accommodation etc I'm assuming. You're giving me the feeling it's relatively easy to get a place..

I just need to send Goldman and Barclays off, not going to bother with the rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Which SWs did you do?

Can't be that bad for £250, on top of accommodation etc I'm assuming. You're giving me the feeling it's relatively easy to get a place..

I just need to send Goldman and Barclays off, not going to bother with the rest.
    Where are the places you've applied?

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late to bother sending off rbs and blackrock now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drossell)
    Is it too late to bother sending off rbs and blackrock now?
    Try anyway

ReputationRep:
    HSBC finally decided I was worthy enough for tests

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Where are the places you've applied?
    Citi, RBS, Nomura, CS, then the offer from BAML. Done all tests for the first two, haven't heard a thing from the second two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Citi, RBS, Nomura, CS, then the offer from BAML. Done all tests for the first two, haven't heard a thing from the second two.
    CitiQuest clashes with BAML, heads up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    CitiQuest clashes with BAML, heads up.
    I've heard - would get BAML moved to Summer if I got Citi. Not sure what's going on with Nomura and CS though, literally nothing since I applied.

ReputationRep:
    Received an E-mail from HSBC asking me to complete the application. Does anyone know the dates? Since I already hold two offers and I would like to squeeze in another one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Which SWs did you do?

£250 and accom is you need and lunch
    Can't say for sure, but pretty much zero techs. I know good people that got rej'd though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offers from where?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EconAndBusiness)
    Received an E-mail from HSBC asking me to complete the application. Does anyone know the dates? Since I already hold two offers and I would like to squeeze in another one.

Good job mate! What are your offers?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.