Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :bawling: so agitated voices are eroding my mind. want to scratch my skin off and destroy myself. crawling out of my skin in agony fkndxfuivndfv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    okay, feeling a lot better today;

had a long, long sleep (7pm last night to 1pm today ) then NAS came round and they were really supportive so I talked through my interview & college stuff with them, they are gonna help me with college in my support times as well which is great also printed off my form to apply for a 24+ loan thing and am gonna speak to the college about learning support next week & also about getting a bus pass for college as my bus pass through the council is only valid after 9am and two of my college days start before 9am! but yeah all seems okay and feel much calmer/okay about things now. have the fun of audiology tomorrow as well as need a hearing aid for my left ear as well (hearing aids in both ears cause I'm that awesome )

hope everyone else is okay :hugs: for all
    prsom :rolleyes: all sounds great, what are u going to study ?

(Original post by Odd socks)
    They're gone they're away to nandos, I was invited but I'm poor so I declined

Posted from TSR Mobile
    prsom :woo:
    hope your making yourself something nice for tea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    So jealous. I love movies. Good luck.
    Thanks mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thestranger11)
    prsom :rolleyes: all sounds great, what are u going to study ?
    Access to HE Social Science my 3 choices were Sociology, Psychology and IT (you basically do 3 a-level equivalents but fast tracked over a year so you can go Uni next year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    :bawling: so agitated voices are eroding my mind. want to scratch my skin off and destroy myself. crawling out of my skin in agony fkndxfuivndfv
    -wraps you in my fluffy blanket, hands you a cup of tea, and sings the only russian folk song I know-

Access to HE Social Science my 3 choices were Sociology, Psychology and IT (you basically do 3 a-level equivalents but fast tracked over a year so you can go Uni next year)
    That sounds like hard work, not going to lie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    That sounds like hard work, not going to lie.
    it will be yeah, but I am gonna get learning support at the college & support at home for it from the NAS so hopefully I will be okay!

you doing okay?

ReputationRep:
    it will be yeah, but I am gonna get learning support at the college & support at home for it from the NAS so hopefully I will be okay!

you doing okay?
    eh. I'm alive. Sertraline does naff all for my anxiety. Does everything for my mood. Working 48 hours a week for 4 weeks solid, doing factory work and not getting all of the rest days i'm supposed to, I've managed to properly mess up my tummy :/. I've deffo done it by rushing my food - we only get 20 minute breaks, and by not drinking enough water. It's often difficult to go for a wee break if the line's running. The department I'm in, is 99% of the time massively short of people, so it's not like I can yell 'Oi, Danny, come stack for Tessa so I can go pee!'

ED TW:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Went to doctors on Monday because I was in agony. I've been prescribed lax...
    3 days of 2x tablets a day and I've FINALLY properly been to the toilet for the first time in about a week...

Thank god I've only 2 weeks here after this week.

ReputationRep:
    eh. I'm alive. Sertraline does naff all for my anxiety. Does everything for my mood. Working 48 hours a week for 4 weeks solid, doing factory work and not getting all of the rest days i'm supposed to, I've managed to properly mess up my tummy :/. I've deffo done it by rushing my food - we only get 20 minute breaks, and by not drinking enough water. It's often difficult to go for a wee break if the line's running. The department I'm in, is 99% of the time massively short of people, so it's not like I can yell 'Oi, Danny, come stack for Tessa so I can go pee!'
    :hugs: can you ask your GP for something else to help with anxiety maybe if the Sertraline isn't helping? (I think sertraline is more for depression anyway isn't it?) that sounds like a ton of work then, aren't you entitled to more time for breaks at all or is it just that understaffed that you can't? maybe talk to your boss?

ReputationRep:
    Really don't feel well could this have been brought on by having run out of meds for 3 days then starting them again? It just feels so sudden

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Really don't feel well could this have been brought on by having run out of meds for 3 days then starting them again? It just feels so sudden

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww, hope it sorts itself out soon, lovely :hugs:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    How is everyone doing?

I've been up and down, but on the up at the moment

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what meds are you taking? some of them you get withdrawal from really fast (I've had meds that have made me ill just missing one dose so with AD's it's not unusual for this to happen!), if it passes after a day or two back on the meds you should be okay though if you still feel ill after a few days though then might be best to check with your GP! hopefully is just the withdrawal though so you should be okay if you are taking them again now! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: can you ask your GP for something else to help with anxiety maybe if the Sertraline isn't helping? (I think sertraline is more for depression anyway isn't it?) that sounds like a ton of work then, aren't you entitled to more time for breaks at all or is it just that understaffed that you can't? maybe talk to your boss?
    i'm going to up my dose to 150mg before I go back to uni. Not expecting miracles. If that does naff all, then I'll try something else. Legally only entitled to 2 20 minute breaks per shift.

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to up my dose to 150mg before I go back to uni. Not expecting miracles. If that does naff all, then I'll try something else. Legally only entitled to 2 20 minute breaks per shift.
    hopefully it helps! only 40 minutes a day? that seems really low :/ hopefully things get less stressful soon so you can use the breaks you do get more soon though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble999)
    Aww, hope it sorts itself out soon, lovely :hugs:
    Thanks hun taken some paracetamol but it hasn't helped

what meds are you taking? some of them you get withdrawal from really fast (I've had meds that have made me ill just missing one dose so with AD's it's not unusual for this to happen!), if it passes after a day or two back on the meds you should be okay though if you still feel ill after a few days though then might be best to check with your GP! hopefully is just the withdrawal though so you should be okay if you are taking them again now! :hugs:
    I'm on fluoxetine, I'm not sure if it's just a cold I'm experiencing or not :/ my head is pounding, I have no energy and my limbs ache I hope I feel better tomorrow, I'm meant to have a date and then on Friday I need to get up early and get a bus to Glasgow so I'll need to pack tomorrow too

ReputationRep:
    I'm on fluoxetine, I'm not sure if it's just a cold I'm experiencing or not :/ my head is pounding, I have no energy and my limbs ache I hope I feel better tomorrow, I'm meant to have a date and then on Friday I need to get up early and get a bus to Glasgow so I'll need to pack tomorrow too
    oh dear, that sounds pretty bad then! really hope you feel better soon cause you sound quite poorly! painkillers are good for the aches at least if you have some? drinking plenty normally helps as well! if is just withdrawal you should hopefully be okay like I said, for me it only normally lasts a day or two at most! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    ED
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ughhh, just want to get back to my lowest weight, i was much better at that weight, i need to be back there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what meds are you on? i felt symptoms 3 days after stopping 100mg sertraline, if that helps? dizzy, light headed, sweaty, head ache, nausea, palpitations...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    ED
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ughhh, just want to get back to my lowest weight, i was much better at that weight, i need to be back there

what meds are you on? i felt symptoms 3 days after stopping 100mg sertraline, if that helps? dizzy, light headed, sweaty, head ache, nausea, palpitations...
    On fluoxetine took one last night but never had any for I think 3 days so that might be why

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On fluoxetine took one last night but never had any for I think 3 days so that might be why

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hope you feel better soon hun!

ReputationRep:
    I hate poorly written notes. Staring at problems that should be easy enough yo work out and I'm just not quite figuring them for ages.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.