Cambridge 2016 Postgraduate Entry Watch

YouplaBoum
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ready)
Good to know that there haven't been any news in relation to funding. Hopefully we'll hear something soon. Do you remember approximately how long it took to get from BOGS to college membership?

Many thanks
Yes: I saw the BOGS thing on a Friday, and the next Tuesday the offer was confirmed. Then it took another two weeks to get my first College choice (Corpus Christi) confirmed.

I am curious, but did you have any kind of interview for scholarships?
iCreptio
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just got moved to the BoGs stage for MPhil in Economics... can't breathe.:argh::banana::banana2:
ready
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by YouplaBoum)
Yes: I saw the BOGS thing on a Friday, and the next Tuesday the offer was confirmed. Then it took another two weeks to get my first College choice (Corpus Christi) confirmed.

I am curious, but did you have any kind of interview for scholarships?
I did not. I don't think that there are interviews for funding but I am also not certain about this. I suspect that funding is allocated based on the recommendations by the Faculty.
ejminihane
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ready)
I did not. I don't think that there are interviews for funding but I am also not certain about this. I suspect that funding is allocated based on the recommendations by the Faculty.
I think the only source of funding that interviews is Gates, although don't quote me on it!
ready
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ejminihane)
I think the only source of funding that interviews is Gates, although don't quote me on it!
Isn't that the scholarship for leaders or something like that? The one requiring a separate statement and reference? If so, I didn't apply for this, seems like a huge hassle and I am never gonna be a leader anyway :P
Young Oldman
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
aren't people on Easter break?
ejminihane
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ready)
Isn't that the scholarship for leaders or something like that? The one requiring a separate statement and reference? If so, I didn't apply for this, seems like a huge hassle and I am never gonna be a leader anyway :P
Ha yeah, I applied and got rejected! The application was pretty immense, not going to lie!!! Luckily got funding from Cambridge international trust! No interview, no hassle!
ready
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Young Oldman)
aren't people on Easter break?
no, actually, the administrative officers are working normally (it's only a break from classes for students and academics)
sarah9323
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Camilli)
No first-hand contact, but it is (a) rather classical-looking, (b) known to harbor many lawyers, and (c) within a tolerable walking distance to the train.
Thank you
Dutchguy1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by guigui245)
Hey, how long were you at the stage "application with degree committee" for? Been there for a week and I am cautiously optimistic now
Hi! Uhmm I am not sure actually, I had been under consideration for like 4 months, and then I checked at the beginning or March and I saw that I had an offer on CAMSIS haha
guigui245
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dutchguy1)
Hi! Uhmm I am not sure actually, I had been under consideration for like 4 months, and then I checked at the beginning or March and I saw that I had an offer on CAMSIS haha
It's okay, I got BoGS this morning
I'm waiting on the official word now.
Jantaculum
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ready)
no, actually, the administrative officers are working normally (it's only a break from classes for students and academics)
umm…. it's only a break for undergrads

Postgrads and academics still hard at work, with the added pleasure that it's easier to find a space in the college library and the UL car park!
bobbypin
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Completely overwhelmed and overjoyed. Just received news that I'll be getting the fully funded Cambridge International Scholarship. I am actually crying tears of joy...
Warm_and_fuzzy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bobbypin)
Completely overwhelmed and overjoyed. Just received news that I'll be getting the fully funded Cambridge International Scholarship. I am actually crying tears of joy...
Congrats!

:party2:
bobbypin
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Warm_and_fuzzy)
Congrats!

:party2:
Thank you!

Did not expect it at all after getting rejected by Gates, and seeing that most of the CISS awards had been announced. Hope all those waiting for news hear something positive soon!
Young Oldman
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do anybody knows how much is the stipend that the cambridge trust provides in the international studentship?
Camilli
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bobbypin)
:borat:
Last edited by Camilli; 2 years ago
ejminihane
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Young Oldman)
Do anybody knows how much is the stipend that the cambridge trust provides in the international studentship?
£14,296
bobbypin
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Camilli)
:borat:
Thank you!
d1993
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi all. I am still concerned about the CHESS awards (that did not come out yet). Does anybody know how un/certain is the award once your department nominates you? Do they nominate a lot of applicants?

Also, has anybody heard about the college scholarships?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (759)
90.57%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (79)
9.43%

Watched Threads