Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uni12345678)
    are you allowed to take water with you in the test?
    Ι don't think so because I heard that we have to put all our belongings in a locker and we can't have anything with us in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uni12345678)
    are you allowed to take water with you in the test?
    No. Just locker key and ID.

ReputationRep:
    How do you tackle these VR questions about the aim of the passage or the conclusion of the passage? I just feel like sometimes it's hard to tell because the choices tend to be very similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalia.medicine)
    How do you tackle these VR questions about the aim of the passage or the conclusion of the passage? I just feel like sometimes it's hard to tell because the choices tend to be very similar.
    If you have medify, take note of the reasoning behind why it's one and not the others. The more you get an idea what they are looking for, the easier it will become. Hopefully ☺️

ReputationRep:
    What have people got in the first Medify mock?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medici103)
    If you have medify, take note of the reasoning behind why it's one and not the others. The more you get an idea what they are looking for, the easier it will become. Hopefully ☺️
    Thanks. I will do that!

ReputationRep:
    723 in the first mock and 753 in the second mock

ReputationRep:
    Did the UKCAT on Monday.
    VR 600
    QR 710
    AR 630
    Average 647
    SJ Band 1

I did not stick ruthlessly enough to flagging and moving on in questions that stumped me. The AR section unsettled me as I normally do pretty well but in the test, the first two sets that came up I didn't see the pattern at all and I think I panicked and wasted time on it. Annoyed about that. The VR section was brutal, so many long passages and the questions were pretty tough.

The whole validity of these tests I think are quite spurious, as generally there is not a lot of consistency in what results you get (as can be seen through the wide scores people receive in the mocks). It comes down a lot to preparation on timing and a bit of luck on the day.

Perhaps someone who did just around average would say that though.... ;-)

ReputationRep:
    UKCAT in a few days, and did a practice test got 1770 was wondering if I should reschedule to get more practice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)

ReputationRep:
    How do the questions from the medic portal compare to those in the real exam?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I just did my UKCAT! I did much better than I thought I would and I'm really happy with the results

VR: 610 (bit disappointed because my highest has been 750)
    AR: 700
    QR: 830 (!!!! So happy as this has been my weakest section!!!)

This makes my average 713

SJ: band 1

Pretty chuffed 😀😀😀

ReputationRep:
    Did my UKCAT a few days ago

VR 650
    QR 850
    AR 640
    SJT Band 1

Average: 713

Resources used: Kaplan Self-study course, 6med course, Medify, Kaplan UKCAT Plus, Kaplan textbook (Red book), 1000Qs book

I did one week with two hours a day followed by two weeks of constant revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandie12)
    i believe the QR in the actual test to be substantially easier than any mock i did. My highest QR mock score was 640 whereas i actually got 740 in the actual thing! So persevere, keep practising and you'll be fine!!
    I got 740 as well. The VR was difficult though. I averaged 650, so average...

ReputationRep:
    VR - 640
    QR- 670
    AR- 600
    SJT- band 1

Did pretty **** :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onesexysenpai)
    VR - 640
    QR- 670
    AR- 600
    SJT- band 1

Did pretty **** :/
    (Original post by 2016Moortneduts)
    Did my UKCAT a few days ago

VR 650
    QR 850
    AR 640
    SJT Band 1

Average: 713

Resources used: Kaplan Self-study course, 6med course, Medify, Kaplan UKCAT Plus, Kaplan textbook (Red book), 1000Qs book

I did one week with two hours a day followed by two weeks of constant revision.
    (Original post by erinls2)
    Hi everyone, I just did my UKCAT! I did much better than I thought I would and I'm really happy with the results

VR: 610 (bit disappointed because my highest has been 750)
    AR: 700
    QR: 830 (!!!! So happy as this has been my weakest section!!!)

SJ: band 1

Pretty chuffed 😀😀😀
    (Original post by Mulbkat84)
    Did the UKCAT on Monday.
    VR 600
    QR 710
    AR 630
    Average 647
    SJ Band 1

I did not stick ruthlessly enough to flagging and moving on in questions that stumped me. The AR section unsettled me as I normally do pretty well but in the test, the first two sets that came up I didn't see the pattern at all and I think I panicked and wasted time on it. Annoyed about that. The VR section was brutal, so many long passages and the questions were pretty tough.

The whole validity of these tests I think are quite spurious, as generally there is not a lot of consistency in what results you get (as can be seen through the wide scores people receive in the mocks). It comes down a lot to preparation on timing and a bit of luck on the day.

How did you guys do in the mocks?

ReputationRep:
    Is medify abstract harder than the real test?or vice versa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mulbkat84)
    Did the UKCAT on Monday.
    VR 600
    QR 710
    AR 630
    Average 647
    SJ Band 1

Im confused at why people are saying that the VR is harder? my friend did it and said it was similar to Kaplan and Medify styles? well done tho, what were u getting in mocks?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.