Original post by The Assassin
you mean she'd be the one to give it to you :redface:

Wouldn't mind her whipping me tbh

@Wilfred Little - thoughts

Original post by AR_95
Also Danaerys is severely overrated because of that one gif

Margaery >>>

Nah fam.

Daenerys targaryen is hands down better than all of them. I'd put Margaery pretty high on my list though, probably higher than the red lady
Original post by SA-1
Wouldn't mind her whipping me tbh

@Wilfred Little - thoughts

Nah fam.

Daenerys targaryen is hands down better than all of them. I'd put Margaery pretty high on my list though, probably higher than the red lady

Calm it man, let's not express sexual fantasies here...

Daenerys was positioned as the pinnacle since season 1 so it's hard for some people to take her off the pedestal.

Regardless I'd say:

Daenerys
Red Woman
-
-
Dorne girls
-
Melisandre
Margaery
As for episode 1, I can't do spoilers on poverty mobile app so I won't say anything specific:

People are complaining about too many storylines but I think that's essential in the premiere episode. Yeah it sucks to have such a disjointed episode but it'll help set things up later in the season. It shows people exactly where everything is at with all the characters and it means they can now afford to focus on various specific ones in the coming episodes.
Original post by AR_95
Also Danaerys is severely overrated because of that one gif

Margaery >>>

Daenerys has some chubby ass arms.

Hottest girl on the show was the one who taught Daenerys how to take control of Khal Drogo in bed during season one.
Can someone explain the Doctors strike to me? On the outside it just looks like a dispute over pay (public sector pay is atrocious so I understand) but things aren't always as they seem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Can someone explain the Doctors strike to me? On the outside it just looks like a dispute over pay (public sector pay is atrocious so I understand) but things aren't always as they seem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mainly working hours. Major increase in them through shift length
real ****** know bout dis guy
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

New contract means no financial penalties on trusts if doctors work beyond their hours which means increased hours for doctors which means tired doctors which needless to say is dangerous for everyone involved, particularly patients.

Advancement is now linked to progression within the job rather than time spent in the job, this negatively impacts on people who want to have a family, particularly women, and people who have to take time off work for other reasons.

13.5% increase in basic pay but Saturday's are now classed as a working day so doctors won't get paid a premium for it and 'unsociable' hours are now defined as anything outside of 7am-10pm rather than 7am-7pm. So overall doctors could see a reduction in up to 30% of their salary.

Dangerous contract = doctors will either move into a different profession or move abroad = NHS falls apart and private insurance companies move in = Jeremy Hunt's plan.
Original post by AliRizzo
New contract means no financial penalties on trusts if doctors work beyond their hours which means increased hours for doctors which means tired doctors which needless to say is dangerous for everyone involved, particularly patients.

Advancement is now linked to progression within the job rather than time spent in the job, this negatively impacts on people who want to have a family, particularly women, and people who have to take time off work for other reasons.

13.5% increase in basic pay but Saturday's are now classed as a working day so doctors won't get paid a premium for it and 'unsociable' hours are now defined as anything outside of 7am-10pm rather than 7am-7pm. So overall doctors could see a reduction in up to 30% of their salary.

Dangerous contract = doctors will either move into a different profession or move abroad = NHS falls apart and private insurance companies move in = Jeremy Hunt's plan.

It will have changed by the time you qualify anyway.

Everybody's gonna move into General Practise now, the shifts bandied around are nothing short of ridiculous though. Laughable to think that office workers are well protected against 10+ hour days when there's no life-threatening ramifications but junior doctors are expected to.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone recommend a good camera? Don't want it to be one of those big ones as I want to use it mostly on the go.
Has to be compact and inexpensive.
Original post by AR_95
Anyone recommend a good camera? Don't want it to be one of those big ones as I want to use it mostly on the go.
Has to be compact and inexpensive.

how inexpensive? to be honest, anything that is new, and cheap is probably not worth the upgrade over your smartphone camera in 90% of situations..

If you have a few hundred to spend or more..

Or are willing to buy 2nd hand, then its a different story.

Have a look at 'mirrorless cameras' - they are a mid-point inbetween small cameras and big cameras.. I have one that comes with me on holiday/travels, as I cant be bothered with huge cameras any more, and it does the job nicely. Much much better pics then a phone, but still small enough to fit in a pocket.

These are the ones I ranges I have used:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=olypmus+pen
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=fuji+x&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Afuji+x

Like this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-X30-12-Digital-Camera/dp/B00N2X804A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461678515&sr=8-1&keywords=fuji+x

Is a really nice small camera, that will blow a compact/smartphone out of the water... but anything less then $2-300 or so, and I'm not sure its worth it. Afterall there is a reson why the small point + shoot camera is fastly dying out (already has for most people) and its because it just is not that much better then many camera phones
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything you read will have a spin on it based on what side they fall. Both sides now just engaging in brinkmanship to try and force the other's hand to try and get what they want.

Broadly what I've gleaned -

Junior doctors side:
- want to keep their pay as it currently is (mainly relates to higher pay for unsocial hours)
- want to keep the current unsocial hours schedule as it is
See halfway down this article for current and proposals by both sides - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34775980
- don't want safeguards removed relating to trusts being financially punished for overworking their doctors
- linked to the above point, its argued that doctors will be overworked and do long hours meaning it will put more patients at risk
- don't like that they feel the contract is being imposed on them so morale is low
- the argument that people will leave the profession which will hurt long term doctor numbers and harm the NHS
- emergency care is already 7 days a week so feel J.Hunt lying to try and get public against them
- the NHS is already stretched close to breaking point and underfunded
- trying to make the weekends offer routine care won't work without other services (nurses, radiologists etc etc) also being in. You can't do it with just the junior doctors being in
- new contract seems to be unfair on people who take time out of work (i.e. women who leave to start families)

I might have missed some other points..

Jeremy Hunt side:
- NHS should be 7 day care
- care worse at weekend (*not sure if this is accurate)
- current contract not fit for purpose and changes need to be made for the long term benefit of the NHS
- budget needs to stretch but 70-80% of the Junior Doctors will be better off under the new contract
- though not explicitly stated, I'd imagine it is part of the process to make other departments become 7 days for example the nurse contract needs to be renewed later on this year
- Junior Doctors are striking and risking patient care by putting their own interest first (wanting more money/better hours)

That's without trying to get into the moral arguments such as:
- junior doctors save lives so they should get paid whatever they want
- they studied for a long time so should get paid a lot
- they have a lot of expenses such as student loans, insurance, training etc
- they have a highly stressful and demanding job
Original post by fallen_acorns
how inexpensive? to be honest, anything that is new, and cheap is probably not worth the upgrade over your smartphone camera in 90% of situations..

If you have a few hundred to spend or more..

Or are willing to buy 2nd hand, then its a different story.

Have a look at 'mirrorless cameras' - they are a mid-point inbetween small cameras and big cameras.. I have one that comes with me on holiday/travels, as I cant be bothered with huge cameras any more, and it does the job nicely. Much much better pics then a phone, but still small enough to fit in a pocket.

These are the ones I ranges I have used:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=olypmus+pen
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=fuji+x&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Afuji+x

Like this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-X30-12-Digital-Camera/dp/B00N2X804A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461678515&sr=8-1&keywords=fuji+x

Is a really nice small camera, that will blow a compact/smartphone out of the water... but anything less then $2-300 or so, and I'm not sure its worth it. Afterall there is a reson why the small point + shoot camera is fastly dying out (already has for most people) and its because it just is not that much better then many camera phones

Quite overbudget for me. I'm probably looking at bottom end around £150
Broadly correct summary (other than the implication that Hunt has any legs to stand on) but if doctors wanted to strike over pay, they'd have done it 8 years ago, when the recession caused NHS pay freezes, don't quote me on that though. That amounts to 20% real pay cost decline till now, and that's without factoring in the hugely increased cost of living (food, petrol, energy) since then.
Thoughts on Game of Thrones lads?

I'm devastated personally
Original post by zKlown
Thoughts on Game of Thrones lads?

I'm devastated personally

Remember that Recess episode where everyone had watched that new film except Vince who didn't watch it until it was too late and everyone had moved on with their discussions?
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Remember that Recess episode where everyone had watched that new film except Vince who didn't watch it until it was too late and everyone had moved on with their discussions?

I'm starting not to like you bro

You're mean

Latest