Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on

Just as when you think things have changed for the better, it bites you back in the ass. Come on, think we're bloody born yesterday? Why did I have to find something out today - out of all days - the day before my ****ing birthday as well.

I officially hate you. I don't want you to wish me. I don't actually want to see your face. Now I wish you weren't even there in the first place. Why don't you go and wish your girlfriend again as your wife and children sit around continuously feeling sick everytime they see your face.

Just **** off from my life. Please. I'm actually begging now.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got some good news. Some of you may know my papa had a close call with a bad infection lately and nearly caught septicemia from it and then it was apparently treated and cured and he went back on the transplant list but then it came back and there was talk about amputating his toe or even leg and his spot on the list was put on hold but that's it been 3 weeks clear and they found the cause of the abscess, it was from an ingrown toe nail that got out of hand since he has diabetes and a lowered immune system but he finally got the all clear and is back on the list at the top post he was in before all this happened feel like a giant weight has been lifted and he is back to his old self, laughing and joking instead of being crippled in pain.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to anyone on here who is getting their results tomorrow :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Been put back on quetiapine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Been put back on quetiapine.
    :hugs: I really hope it helps you. Just in case they didn't say, I'd really advise taking it at night, it can be very sedating.

I don't know if this will apply to you, but a lot of people put on weight with quetiapine even without eating significantly more. If you do find yourself putting on weight, you could ask your psychiatrist for the diabetes drug metformin which has been shown to decrease or even stop weight gain from atypical antipsychotics. (maybe read a bit into it first on google as it's pretty new research and many psychiatrists aren't aware of that link).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :hugs: I really hope it helps you. Just in case they didn't say, I'd really advise taking it at night, it can be very sedating.

I don't know if this will apply to you, but a lot of people put on weight with quetiapine even without eating significantly more. If you do find yourself putting on weight, you could ask your psychiatrist for the diabetes drug metformin which has been shown to decrease or even stop weight gain from atypical antipsychotics. (maybe read a bit into it first on google as it's pretty new research and many psychiatrists aren't aware of that link).
    It actually doesn't say, just says 'one daily'.

I am super wary of it. My CPN always says that I shouldn't worry about my weight, but I always do, so I don't want to put on weight at all. I will definitely look into that though.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to get more depressed in the summer because I'm on my own

(Original post by vlb206)
    I tend to get more depressed in the summer because I'm on my own
    Yupp same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yupp same here
    I just generally find it harder being away from uni and no one reminds me to take meds and stuff.

I just generally find it harder being away from uni and no one reminds me to take meds and stuff.
    I would recommend to set an alarm on your phone? I don't take meds for MH but I take meds and I keep an alarm on my phone thrice daily to remind me to take them.

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend to set an alarm on your phone? I don't take meds for MH but I take meds and I keep an alarm on my phone thrice daily to remind me to take them.
    Haha, even with that I'm a bit of a nightmare, but trying to put it into my routine.

Haha, even with that I'm a bit of a nightmare, but trying to put it into my routine.
    What counts is that you're trying

Mood's taken a huge slump again, feel like I could cry any second

ReputationRep:
    Mood's taken a huge slump again, feel like I could cry any second
    Sending as many big positive vibes and cuddles as I can!

ReputationRep:
    Starting to slip back into my old ways again.
    Not good at all!
    I finall thought I was making progress but now it's all being undone!
    Not looking forward to these next few days/weeks as my life will just be getting worse. But hopefully it can be fought and then things will begin to improve again.
    I'm getting so many bad thoughts now (related to my OCD, not dark thoughts) and it's just taking control of my life again!
    Not happy

Results day is not good for anxiety
    Had heart pains all day and palpitations.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Just breathe. We're all here for you whatever happens.

Going to get a whole lot more proactive and finally change my life (wish me luck I'll need it! :grin:) It's either sink or swim. But if I do put my all into it, and still get nowhere then what?? Back to apathy and self-loathing? Suicide??

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Good luck
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Just breathe. We're all here for you whatever happens.
    tyvm for your kind words :hugs:
    idk why i wound myself up so much x

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.