Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by titfortat)
    Look you're worrying for no reason! Even if you did have diabetes, there's always medication and ways to control it. Don't worry, seriously you're worrying for no reason. I understand taking meds is horrible - trust me, I know how it feels like taking countless number of tests and tablets but its all controlled and that's what counts most sorry for being so blunt
    I was diagnosed with diabetes 6 years ago. They said my A1C test which measures your blood sugar over the last three months was extremely high. I was placed on to synthetic insulin medication. That's just oral medication for diabetes. I hated taking my blood sugar so much I went on an incredible diabetic diet. Within 6 months I was off one medication and all the other one within a year. After 18 months they actually took off diabetes off my medical chart. My las A1C was 4.67 which isn't even close to being pre-diabetic. So, if you do get or somebody gets diagnosed with diabetes it's not the end of the world. Yes you can no longer eat cakes and donuts. You can no longer shove your face full of food. You actually have to follow a diet. It's so rewarding not being considered a diabetic anymore. It makes me feel really good when I go see my GP and they tell me how great my diabetes is. Don't be one of those people who just medicates their diabetes with insulin shots. Americans are terrible about diabetes. Diabetes is so bad in America now.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about another message but I just cannot sleep. I've been out of my Ambien the last few nights. Everybody out there who has problems sleeping knows what it's like. I woke up around 2 a.m. and have just been playing poker and watching Netflix for the last 4 hours. I had pizza and a beer. sometimes I get really tired and I think I can go back to sleep and I lay down and I just start staring at the clock. The day is still pretty early in Great Britain. I hope the weather is nice. I hope everyone has a great rest of the day

how is it possible to have 13 hours of sleep and still be tired? :lazy:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    how is it possible to have 13 hours of sleep and still be tired? :lazy:
    I believe there is such a thing as getting too much sleep

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Ik Sean but im always so tired i fell asleep at 9pm then woke up at 10 then fell asleep at 1am then woke up at 1pm then fell asleep until 2pm :/
    im such a mess honestly and then my dreams make me feel tired bc it is like being conscious :/

:hugs: x
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Ik Sean but im always so tired i fell asleep at 9pm then woke up at 10 then fell asleep at 1am then woke up at 1pm then fell asleep until 2pm :/
    im such a mess honestly and then my dreams make me feel tired bc it is like being conscious :/

:hugs:

I think for you the dreams don't help you to have a good quality of sleep

ReputationRep:
    Angry at my school .They are so shifty !

:lovehug:

(Original post by SeanFM)
    I don't think this is real

:lol:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    I don't think this is real

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31928434
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Really struggling with panic attacks today as soon as one ends, another starts up a few mins later :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    In pain :cry:

So basically I'm going to die early

Lol I knew too much sleep makes you tired :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    So basically I'm going to die early

Lol I knew too much sleep makes you tired :lol:
    Too much sleep makes you tired because your mitochondria converts to an inactive form which has less infoldings,which causes the mitochondria to produce less ATP I think .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by titfortat)
    Look you're worrying for no reason! Even if you did have diabetes, there's always medication and ways to control it. Don't worry, seriously you're worrying for no reason. I understand taking meds is horrible - trust me, I know how it feels like taking countless number of tests and tablets but its all controlled and that's what counts most sorry for being so blunt
    welll i know there are loads in my family who are diabetic, and they have to chop their feet for some reason because they get damage! i dont want that tho
    plus i cannot swallow medicine :cry2:

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Kadak)
    Too much sleep makes you tired because your mitochondria converts to an inactive form which has less infoldings,which causes the mitochondria to produce less ATP I think .

Thanks! And how do you know this exactly?
    What's ATP? I should know this for my degree!

(Original post by ZuluK)
    Thanks! And how do you know this exactly? What's ATP? I should know this for my degree!
    Adenosine triphosphate, a coenzyme that carries energy for the metabolism :yep:

(Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Adenosine triphosphate, a coenzyme that carries energy for the metabolism :yep:
    Frenchie, there's too many words in there that sound fake.

I only understand "that carries energy"

(Original post by ZuluK)
    Frenchie, there's too many words in there that sound fake.

I only understand "that carries energy"
    Oh sorry xD basically it's a molecule who allow energetic reactions to take place in your body :pika:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.