Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Heeheehee

ReputationRep:
    Just watched it, I thaught it was excellent, until the "to be continued" poped up in the ridiculous fashion that it did.

I actully cant wait to see what happens now.

ReputationRep:
    Oooooooo!

Oooo, ooooo, oooo!!!!

Was just talking about the whole Doctor getting zapped thing with my friend (will he / won't he regenerate?) and I got thinking:

The doctor was only "partly" zapped and only looked partly scared when he saw the dalek (like "crap, wasn't expecting to see him!"). Yet, when he was confident darleks wouldn't touch him.
    Whenever we see people getting zaaped, they're normally scared and / or screaming.
    When the guy stood up to the daleks, they didn't zap him stragiht away, and THREE of them blew up the house.

The darleks came for:
    The General and his bodyguard in New York,
    The 2 left in Torchwood,
    Harriette Jones.

The first 2 (well, 4) of those weren't going to go down without a fight, and Harriette wasn't at all scared of the daleks. Though we didn't see any of them actually getting killed.

My point?
    Well, maybe the daleks are only lethal to those who are scared of them... No fear = no death.

Was just thinking *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    I think that's a good theory
    It's probably how they get their "power", from fear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squid)
    I think that's a good theory
    It's probably how they get their "power", from fear?
    And didnt Dalek Kahn/Davros (cant remember which) say something about the doctor's ally/power is death? That line totally confused me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    And didnt Dalek Kahn/Davros (cant remember which) say something about the doctor's ally/power is death? That line totally confused me!
    I don't remember... **** it, I'm just going to go watch it again!

ReputationRep:
    I have another theory it came to me in a dream :p:

Spoiler:
    Show

They seemed to make a big deal of the fact that davros grew the darlecks from his own cells. This indicates that they might have a cloning machine of some sort. Maybe they could regrow the Dr from his hand using the technology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I have another theory it came to me in a dream :p:

Spoiler:
    Show

They seemed to make a big deal of the fact that davros grew the darlecks from his own cells. This indicates that they might have a cloning machine of some sort. Maybe they could regrow the Dr from his hand using the technology
    Or use his daughter to do exactly the same thing!

ReputationRep:
    His daughter is hot! They can't do that, then I'd be forced to "fancy" the Doctor.

ReputationRep:
    YES! THE DAUGHTER! I forgot about her! She was obviously going to become relevent in a later plot, and I predicted at the time that it would be the end of the series, maybe she'll be the one to come and sort everything out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    That's what I heard too :yep:

Note to everyone else, if you don't already know, there is supposedly a trailer for next week at 1pm (just before Eastenders) tomorrow on BBC1

there was no trailer! it lied!

(Original post by Dude)
    Its not something new as there have been numerous references (in the old and the new) that the Doctors mother was human, making him half Time Lord and half Human.
    Well she must be something else entirely then as the woman on the stairs definitely said "you're something new". Either that or it was just crap dialogue.

Why did Ianto say "Those don't work on daleks" when Gwen grabbed the guns?
    How does he know either way for a start, and secondly (hurray for continuity) they used G36 rifles on Satellite Five and they worked provided you hit the eye stalk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    Its been updated saying it was meant to be there but for some reason wasn't. They can't put it up online until it has been on TV

(Original post by DJW)
    How does he know either way for a start
    I would guess he knows because he was in torchwood london during the darlek/cyberman battle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)

Beeb site said there was supposed to be a trailer, and has been updated to say that due to a scheduling mix up they'll announce the time and day of the trail

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/ne...080628_news_01

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Somebody)
    I'm pretty sure the woman said "had" about the beetle. BUT I think it was said in a way that could be taken for "have" as in not said clearly. So she could have said "you have something on your back", but Donna (and us) heard "you had something on your back" if that makes sense?
    Made no sense to me because she went back and turned right and the beetle fell off. She left without it. And you can't see something that's no longer there, so I felt that to be irrelevant and totally didn't get that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    But this one had EVERYONE.

Torchwood
    Rose
    Martha
    Sarah Jane
    and even Harriet Jones.

Even the fantastic storyline of Blink can't compete with that
    How did it have blink as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Rose)
    Made no sense to me because she went back and turned right and the beetle fell off. She left without it. And you can't see something that's no longer there, so I felt that to be irrelevant and totally didn't get that.
    I thought the beetle thing was 'had' as well, but I presumed it was just the producers' way of setting up that this woman was prophetical and could see the past and future, thus when she said 'I'm sorry for your loss' the audience knew it was a proper prediction rather than just speculation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kestrel_Lover_Sophie)
    I thought the beetle thing was 'had' as well, but I presumed it was just the producers' way of setting up that this woman was prophetical and could see the past and future, thus when she said 'I'm sorry for your loss' the audience knew it was a proper prediction rather than just speculation.
    Okay. (What loss?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Rose)
    Okay. (What loss?)
    It didn't specify - she just said, 'I'm so sorry for your loss'
    Donna said 'I know, my whole planet's gone'
    And the woman replied 'No, I mean your loss that is still to come'

That's not word for word but it's roughly what they said.
    I don't really know what 'loss' she was talking about... I guess that's part of the suspense.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.