Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone in here, thought I'd join in because I'm getting crazy paranoid

I'm desperate for a reply from Manchester, I love their course and the place and it's just where I want to be, but the places are so limited that the longer I don't hear anything the worse I get!

Durham are taking the mick too, but I think it's a bit of a long shot getting anything from them for Lit. I do have a friend from sixth form applying with me for the same subject though so I guess I have some real-life support Just wanted to introduce myself so I can share the pain of everyone waiting for some news. I didn't get an email off UCAS for one of my offers coming through and now I don't trust them to update me and check Track constantly regardless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francake)
    Hi everyone in here, thought I'd join in because I'm getting crazy paranoid

I'm desperate for a reply from Manchester, I love their course and the place and it's just where I want to be, but the places are so limited that the longer I don't hear anything the worse I get!

Durham are taking the mick too, but I think it's a bit of a long shot getting anything from them for Lit. I do have a friend from sixth form applying with me for the same subject though so I guess I have some real-life support Just wanted to introduce myself so I can share the pain of everyone waiting for some news. I didn't get an email off UCAS for one of my offers coming through and now I don't trust them to update me and check Track constantly regardless
    Haha you shouldn't have told me that, I'll be checking Track constantly now :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umbrellahead)
    Haha you shouldn't have told me that, I'll be checking Track constantly now :unsure:
    Oh dear I don't want to make anyone more paranoid! It was for UCLan like (don't know if it affected anything), I got a letter 3 weeks after the offer came through to Track so it'd been there ages without me knowing :o: I got an e-mail for Newcastle though, so it might've been a silly fluke...but I'm not risking it waiting for Manchester :woo:

Good luck with yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francake)
    Oh dear I don't want to make anyone more paranoid! It was for UCLan like (don't know if it affected anything), I got a letter 3 weeks after the offer came through to Track so it'd been there ages without me knowing :o: I got an e-mail for Newcastle though, so it might've been a silly fluke...but I'm not risking it waiting for Manchester :woo:

Good luck with yours
    Thanks Good luck with Manchester, it's amazing. I'm on a gap year but one of my good friends goes there so I spend a lot of time with her in her halls/out and about, you'll love it! If I wasn't from Manchester I would have applied there myself :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedstownboy)
    sadly so last year i got a rejection from edinburgh on the 27th march which was pretty much the last day they could reply by!
    That is terrible I hope my last uni does not do that to me! I have been waiting since October for one of mine. Someone on TSR heard in March and got an offer but it does not have a big intake so the odds are not exactly in my favour :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hattie1992)
    why are King's taking sooooooooooo long? I applied on 17th october and still haven't got an offer. I'm so impatient and the waiting is killing me. Everyday i say to myself, maybe this will be the day, but it never is! Well, maybe that day will be tomorrow...or maybe not.
    I know exactly how you feel! I applied around a similar time and am still waiting for three unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hattie1992)
    why are King's taking sooooooooooo long? I applied on 17th october and still haven't got an offer. I'm so impatient and the waiting is killing me. Everyday i say to myself, maybe this will be the day, but it never is! Well, maybe that day will be tomorrow...or maybe not.
    Ditto! All the waiting is driving me crazy :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Fed up of waiting for Hull now. Just so fed up

ReputationRep:
    Ok, it's doing my head in now.

ReputationRep:
    They should try to reply to us all around the same time so we just know.

It annoys me because it seems like so many people have had all their replies already.

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from Leicester. Outlook isn't too good. Roll on the rest so I can start Extra lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R.Grace)
    I feel exactly the same, i'm waiting on Kings for English. My other 4 choices have rejected me so i'm just waiting for Kings to reject me too. I'd rather they do it now and put me out of my misery! x x:confused:

OMG :eek3: I feel truly sorry for you. I mean English is a really competetive subject, but you must gutted. What were your other choices? I really wish you an offer from King's, no-one should get five rejections.

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Newcastle today... via post. I haven't got an email, or anything on UCAS yet and the letter date is Monday so it's left me wondering what other offers/rejections are being kept a secret from me... hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannahbubbles)
    Rejection from Leicester. Outlook isn't too good. Roll on the rest so I can start Extra lol
    I agree with thissss - hope I hear before the end of Feb so I can get in there with Extra! I don't want to waste time and wait until March/April [when some good Extra places might disappear] only to get rejections!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aubydoll)
    Dream uni: Durham - clearly going to get rejected.
    I'd be very happy to go to Uni : York - I have an interview so we'll see...

and then I don't really care about any others. I'd probably go to Northumbria if I got rejected from them 2, don't really like Newcastle even though it has a better rep and Westminster is aggggees away from where I live and from what I've heard not too amazing so bleh. I have an offer from Northumbria, I guess I have at least one option.

You?

It's far too stressful though, I wish they'd put me out of my misery.
    Don't give up hope yet.
    My dream uni is Lampeter (6-8 hours away from home) I had an interview two weeks ago but still no change on track. Its driving me insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umbrellahead)
    Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and have all my offers :rolleyes:

When does UCAS extra open? By the time I get rejected off all my choices there won't be any good courses left
    Extra opens on the 25th February.

ReputationRep:
    Bristollll

ReputationRep:
    This is just annoying now 2 weeks since I had my interview and nothing. At all. Come on Lampy. ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGh Although it's my top choice it makes me wonder if admin for applicants take this long how bad is it for students. URGH!

ReputationRep:
    It's been a whole month and more and finally! Track has updated! Got an offer from Nottingham. :proud: :dance:

I'm happy someone wants me. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just waiting on Edinburgh, even though I'm probably going to get a rejection I just wish they would tell me already

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.