University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Teh User
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm jealous of the unconditionals getting their room numbers. I kinda wished I applied for the Tannery now, but not too bothered.
yzzyzzyzzy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey everyone
What is the consensus on having a kettle in your room? Or is that weird? Is it even allowed? Haha
alexpower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Teh User)
I'm jealous of the unconditionals getting their room numbers. I kinda wished I applied for the Tannery now, but not too bothered.
which hall did you apply for? if its popular you'll probs be put in the Tannery anyway lol x
alexpower
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by yzzyzzyzzy)
Hey everyone
What is the consensus on having a kettle in your room? Or is that weird? Is it even allowed? Haha
I was thinking i'd have a kettle in my room i think people do that?
Muffinz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by T-Toe)
I know Leeds especially is renowned for it's nighlife but I don't drink much, however I do want to let my hair down and go wild. £100 is all I have, I have a beg my mum for more then
Be price-concious in bars, drink slowly, and pre-drink heavily with cheap booze from Aldi.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Muffinz)
Be price-concious in bars, drink slowly, and pre-drink heavily with cheap booze from Aldi.
Thanks for the advice Do you drink much?
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Muffinz)
Or just get guys to buy you drinks , might expect you to go home with them afterwards tho
livelove
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
It means quieter as in the people living there don't want to live with really noisy people.
Oh right, do you know if you've put that you don't mind you're likely to be put with noisy or quiet people?
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by livelove)
Oh right, do you know if you've put that you don't mind you're likely to be put with noisy or quiet people?
There will be a mix and there might be some noisy people around but in halls in Leeds they have strict rules on noise after 11pm (or it might be 10pm) so if somebody is being noisy you can just tell the wardens or subwardens and they will put a stop to it.

I remember this because I used to hear all the complaints when I was a student from noisy people going "OMG Nazis its SO unfair they like want you to live like nuns after 11pm"
Muffinz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by T-Toe)
Thanks for the advice Do you drink much?
I don't drink often but when I do it's normally at home. My parents are quite fond of alcohol so I know what's worth buying ^^
Teh User
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by alexpower)
which hall did you apply for? if its popular you'll probs be put in the Tannery anyway lol x
JBP. It's JBP and the Tannery that fit all of my wants and needs, the Tannery just has less car parking but I might not have my car any more anyway the way it's looking. Hopefully if I miss out on JBP I'm going to end up in the Tannery.
livelove
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
There will be a mix and there might be some noisy people around but in halls in Leeds they have strict rules on noise after 11pm (or it might be 10pm) so if somebody is being noisy you can just tell the wardens or subwardens and they will put a stop to it.

I remember this because I used to hear all the complaints when I was a student from noisy people going "OMG Nazis its SO unfair they like want you to live like nuns after 11pm"
Oh righty! My worry isn't that people'll be noisey, more the opposite! I'm not overly-loud but I have a fairly loud voice haha. As for the noise after eleven, when I stayed with one of my friends there were definitely parties going on after that time lol.
lluke_1992
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was in bodington hall the year just gone, im living in Hyde Park this year. Lattimore House C if anyones got an offer for there let me know im intregued to see which flat your in.

Bodington is definitely the best accomodation in terms of social life and student life. Its massive so theres always lots of people about. In the winter its snowball fights all round and in the summer its bbq's on the gass behind the houses. Definitely going to miss Bod.

The only downside which im sure has been pointed out endless amount of times is the distance - which can take up to 45 mins peak time, especially in the winter.
BeeG92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hiya
I have an unconditional for nursing at Leeds. Just got confirmation of my accommodation. Oxley Block E Flat 1. Anybody else in Oxley?:confused:
rachelll=)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BeeG92)
Hiya
I have an unconditional for nursing at Leeds. Just got confirmation of my accommodation. Oxley Block E Flat 1. Anybody else in Oxley?:confused:
I'm in Oxley too
elle.s
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BeeG92)
Hiya
I'm in oxley house room 5.03!! Anyone know how many that's sharing between? and how do we find out if its double or single beds??
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by elle.s)
I'm in oxley house room 5.03!! Anyone know how many that's sharing between? and how do we find out if its double or single beds??
I don't know how many you'll be sharing with but if you go to the accom website, go to 'Current Students' and 'Your Residences' it should tell you which rooms are single and which are double.
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't know how many you'll be sharing with but if you go to the accom website, go to 'Current Students' and 'Your Residences' it should tell you which rooms are single and which are double.
according to this other than my flat I'm surrounded by studio's which is a lot less people I'm likely to meet! Knew there'd be something **** about the room i get
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
according to this other than my flat I'm surrounded by studio's which is a lot less people I'm likely to meet! Knew there'd be something **** about the room i get
You'll be fine. Even if you don't meet that many people in your halls, there's still the people on your course. I didn't really become friends with anyone in my halls, all the people in my flat and the nearby flats were far too noisy and we generally didn't get on that well. All my friends are from my course.

Saying that, I would like to be friends with the people I'll be living with next year, but if I don't then I still have my friends from my course.
elle.s
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
aah thankyou!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise