POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
Soma
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"Al Qaeda is run by the CIA" is a completely stupid theory. Would other extremists in the Middle East not make a point of this if it was true to damage America? Or is everyone in the Middle East controlled by the USA?
Logi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

**** off. There's no way he could survive that fall...
simon-leeds
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Next thing Dekota will be saying that Obama is claiming to have hunted down and killed OBL on his own and with his bare hands. Now that WOULD give Obama a boost!
Milk <3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
im very anti conspiracy theories but i dont believe a word the usa are saying this time.
Uneschka
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by humanrights)
maybe its just me, but surely you have to be a bit stupid to believe such a ridiculous series of events? it can't be me alone who feels insulted by the shabby way this fake event has been presented to the public? the americans can't even be bothered to lie well anymore.
assuming you're right, let's analyze the two possible scenarios which follow:
1. He's still free and in hiding
as others have pointed out, why would OBL not take this incredible opportunity to discredit the US? Why would the US take such a huge risk, knowing that their lie could be exposed any moment?
2. He was captured by the US and is being held and interrogated somewhere
in that case, the most important thing would be to keep this fact secret. If they wanted to draw attention away from his alleged death as quickly as possible, as would be advisable in this situation, they failed miserably. If it's all a lie, why lie unconvincingly?
Furthermore, if he's alive but captured, putting him on trial would be the better option, because not only would it discredit any conspiracy theories, but it would have much more image-friendly effect. Being the ones who captured and put to justice OBL is far to strong a card not to play, especially with the elections coming up. (Instead the US are now being criticised for their approach, with many questioning whether the killing is justifiable)
Therefore his death, for all its mysteries, is still the most logical explanation - so I guess you have to be mentally ill not to believe the Bin Laden story
LauraMxx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Vikki1805)
I don't think we'll ever know if I'm honest. But if they DID kill him, I think they shoulda just kept quiet and told no-one, because now all of Bin Ladens little followers, who saw him as their God! Are going to want to bomb us all. So now everyone's worrying about that.
I'm pretty sure they didn't think of him as their God, as muslims believe their is only one God, Allah, and that is the whole reason for the bombings
dean01234
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
the americans are hiding something, however Al-Qaeda have admitted that bin laden was killed...
xXxiKillxXx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by simon-leeds)
Big flaw in these conspiracy theories. If Bin Laden in fact isn't dead... why hasn't he released one of his videos? Why have Al Qaeda confirmed it?
Because these conspiracy theories suggest Al-Qaeda is a US creation.
Kolo Toure
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its a load of complete nonsense. They cannot even go two days without changing fundemental parts of their story. Choping and changing the story as you go is a sign of bull**** imo. How hard is it for them to establish wether there was a firefight or not? Bin Laden either resisted or he didnt! Theres noway you can make a mistake like that.

It gets even sillier. They apparently killed him retrieved his body and then dumped the ultimate proof of his death into the sea This is the most notorious terrorists for more than a decade and they knew everyone would be demanding proof but they couldnt even hold onto his body for a day or two.
KingMessi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, no because surely if he was alive bin Laden could have released a video which would have made the US look ridiculously stupid...

Unless you want to construct a ridiculously far-fetched conspiracy theory...
M1F2R3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Vikki1805)
I don't think we'll ever know if I'm honest. But if they DID kill him, I think they shoulda just kept quiet and told no-one, because now all of Bin Ladens little followers, who saw him as their God! Are going to want to bomb us all. So now everyone's worrying about that.
:lolwut:

Yeah...
M1F2R3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Either way, I want the ****ing truth!
Soma
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I definitely believe they killed him in the compound, but for me the only fishy thing is the story of what happened in there. Was he captured then shot dead or is the American story true? The thing is, we will never know.
goonerjack
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
gee, why do you have to see osama's body before you can accept he was killed? are you also the type of person that believes we didn't go to the moon?
goonerjack
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ultimately, the americans didn't want to take him alive with the implications that would bring. the seals wouldnt take a chance that he could be wearing a suicide vest. why does it matter if the story changed? the americans spoke pretty quick to get the news out, but as it was reviewed more details were understood. i'm sure their thoughts were on other things that the small details.
ThatOneGuy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by goonerjack)
gee, why do you have to see osama's body before you can accept he was killed? are you also the type of person that believes we didn't go to the moon?
There's no point in arguing with a conspiracy theorist. If you acquire evidence to disprove their theory, they'll either modify their theory or dismiss the evidence as part of the conspiracy.
mellie220
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I believe he's dead, it'd be stupid to assume he definetely wasn't. A slight possibility is that he could be captured and in questioning/torturing, but I don't think that'd be kept well under wraps to be honest.

However, the fact the story keeps changing etc. does make me think something fishy is going on. I'm not a big believer of conspiricies but something seems not quite right about this.
Jimbo1234
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Kolo Toure
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jimbo1234)
WEAPONS OF MASS DISTRUCTION! They are there! We're 100% sure! Lets go and kill some brown people now!

Good old America. No they can never lie or do wrong! Everything they say is 100% fact. Gulf of Tonkin happened because they said it did!
Jimbo1234
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kolo Toure)
WEAPONS OF MASS DISTRUCTION! They are there! We're 100% sure! Lets go and kill some brown people now!

Good old America. No they can never lie or do wrong! Everything they say is 100% fact. Gulf of Tonkin happened because they said it did!
Who cares about the reasons, Bin Laden and Saddam were threats and why not stomp all over them and sort out the problem? Oh, because it is easier to be selfish and to ignore these problems....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads