Turn on thread page Beta

Teh Super Awesome Juicy CURRENT YEAR 11 (2012-13) THREAD; MARK I watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    the new spec are 38 for an A* in Biology,39 for an A* in Chemistry and 44 in Physics, for an A*,only 39 in the coursework for an A*This has made my day.
    thought it was them .. they are really low that mmeans hard exam .... i thought i got 53 ish in biology .. that might go down :L and 48 in chem that too might go down -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    thought it was them .. they are really low that mmeans hard exam .... i thought i got 53 ish in biology .. that might go down :L and 48 in chem that too might go down -.-
    I got 47 in coursework,to be moderated,I thought I had got 47 in Biology,49 in Chemistry and 50 in Physics but I probably got less but should have definitely got an A*,if the marks that I thought are got are right I will get 397/400 UMS.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Okay am I being really stupid or something? In my watched thread box there's one that says "From: Official GCSE Results Day Thread 2012! Mark I (August 23rd)" even though I've never posted in nor watched that thread. When I click on it it says that I don't have permission to access the page.
    • Study Helper

Study Helper
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Okay am I being really stupid or something? In my watched thread box there's one that says "From: Official GCSE Results Day Thread 2012! Mark I (August 23rd)" even though I've never posted in nor watched that thread. When I click on it it says that I don't have permission to access the page.
    They're posts that have been deleted from the thread by mods.

ReputationRep:
    If I just aim for As 32/60, 35/60, 30/60, 39/60, 35/60, 33/60 for bio, chem and phys (in that order) seems alright, maybe I'll do better or there's a reason it's so low and I failed (
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    And I thought my sisters results were bad,the average at A-Level is a B,my sister got ABBbd in total.
    Why do you always talk down other people's results? You assume everyone who gets A*s in everything will have a certain place in Cambridge, Oxford etc. when in actual fact, there are people who get in with only one or two. Please stop being an arrogant person - no-one needs their exam grades picked to pieces by you.

Now on a more happier note - Grade boundaries!

Edexcel GCSE Unit 1 Triple Science grades seem to be lower (calculated to be 6.67% easier to get an A* for Physics and Chemistry, although Biology A* difficulty has increased by 8.33%) by 5% for A*. :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    Why do you always talk down other people's results? You assume everyone who gets A*s in everything will have a certain place in Cambridge, Oxford etc. when in actual fact, there are people who get in with only one or two. Please stop being an arrogant person - no-one needs their exam grades picked to pieces by you.

Now on a more happier note - Grade boundaries!

GCSE Triple Science grades for my exams seem to be lower (calculated to be 6.67% easier to get an A* for Physics and Chemistry, although Biology A* difficulty has increased by 8.33%) overall.
    For my science exams,grade boundaries have dropped 15% in Chemistry,16.6666666% in Biology and stayed the same in Physics-massive drops for Chemistry and Biology

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone, hope you all get the marks you want tomorrow :yep:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Kittaaaaay)
    Thanks, and you too!

ReputationRep:
    I think the grade boundaries have restored my faith but the geography grade boundaries are the most frightening because for the A* boundary,I would have to get the same markl I got last time and that was 100%,never mind the 100% I really want and the RE grade boundary is really high,73 for an A*.My full courses GCSEs are in the bag I think-All A*s based on the grade boundaries,in English Lang and Lit and Core ScienceIts the modular grade boundaries that have been the frightening ones today,even the maths grade boundary is high and that was a tough paper.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, and you too!
    I'm not getting any results tomorrow :emo: The only one I was getting I got on the 13th :3

I think the grade boundaries have restored my faith but the geography grade boundaries are the most frightening because for the A* boundary,I would have to get the same markl I got last time and that was 100%,never mind the 100% I really want and the RE grade boundary is really high,73 for an A*.My full courses GCSEs are in the bag I think-All A*s based on the grade boundaries,in English Lang and Lit and Core ScienceIts the modular grade boundaries that have been the frightening ones today,even the maths grade boundary is high and that was a tough paper.
    Does it really matter .. ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    :woo: :woo:now im doiong triple science ??? which one is it there are loads ?? ... iss it just the normal biology one ? :confused:
    The one that says biology
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm not getting any results tomorrow :emo: The only one I was getting I got on the 13th :3
    Ah.

How well did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!! I would say you too!! But you don't have any

ReputationRep:
    Ah.

How well did you do?
    Ehh not bad, A* 95 ahaha.

I have a feeling this thread is going to blow up tomorrow when I come home from school xD

ReputationRep:
    Kittaaaaay! It will probably blow up but we'll be able to keep up I might post my results when it's quieter... So I can read everyone else's!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Ehh not bad, A* 95 ahaha.

I have a feeling this thread is going to blow up tomorrow when I come home from school xD
    Nice one

Yeah, this thread is probably going to turn manic tommorow but the bulk of the GCSE results discussion is in the other thread so it'll probably be growing at a decent pace and not 1500 posts in a day. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha, we'll need to group them together somehow and make it easy to find .. And then celebrate! Or you know, commiserate ..

ReputationRep:
    I'm now starting to panic about History, RE and Physics, but I think Business Studies should be fine! I can't comment on Geography because I've no idea if WJEC have released boundaries or not..

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha, we'll need to group them together somehow and make it easy to find .. And then celebrate! Or you know, commiserate ..
    It'll be celebrations for everyone but how do we group them?

Hmmm... If everyone spoilers their results, we know a spoiler means results...?

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.