Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Well in Canada she was allowed to do them by having cassettes sent through the mail and recording her work on them too and sending it back along with doing the writing and other tests too, I doubt you can do it anymore though
    Aaah. I see! Haha, if only...

Anyway, I'm sleeping now (tried sleeping at ten )

Night-io peeps!

ReputationRep:
    I can't sleep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi19956)
    Yes, this needs to happen

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    I have made a thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ché.)
    Ah!
    I genuinely hope the best for all of you guys!
    I am generally stressed though it is Advanced Subsidiary I am awaiting and the process for Medical School Entry starts WAY earlier!

I just hope someone blesses me with AAAA/AAAB at AS!
    If my predictions of all modules were right, I am on my way...
    I JUST HOPE IT SHINES THROUGH!

It just never ends...
    How important was your AS progress for your expected results this year!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, you too! Well, my AS grades helped the teachers predict me better A2 grades. Usually, you can convince them to predict you one grade up. If it wasn't for my AS grades, I wouldn'tve gotten good predicted grades as I messed up on my GCSE. And if I didn't have good predicted grades, I probably wouldn't have gotten my uni offers.

But don't worry, you can always re-sit. And if your teacher thinks you have potential, they can always predict you a better grade than you got in AS. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Teachers dont know? btw i remember you posting on the psychology A2 thread during the exams. Good luck i got an A too at AS so hopefully we do well this year too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know, I edited that post admitting I was stupidly naive. Oh yes, I remember you too. Good luck to you too! How did you find the psychology exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryl)
    Thanks, you too! Well, my AS grades helped the teachers predict me better A2 grades. Usually, you can convince them to predict you one grade up. If it wasn't for my AS grades, I wouldn'tve gotten good predicted grades as I messed up on my GCSE. And if I didn't have good predicted grades, I probably wouldn't have gotten my uni offers.

But don't worry, you can always re-sit. And if your teacher thinks you have potential, they can always predict you a better grade than you got in AS. Good luck!
    Thank you, extremely!
    You have reassured me about how it's done...

Re-sits aren't an ideal option tbh; I am hoping for strong UMS to show the grounded academic capability...
    This is Medical School were talking about... Tbh!?
    As it goes from most degrees now as the era tranforms.

I hope that I can get 2 A* predictions; I want to apply for Cambridge by the way but for all other options, an A* would be nice to stand out with!

Thursday is pretty much a stepping stone for most of our careers...
    No matter what, you'll know your progress there and THEN.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't sleep anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    You're not alone. Well actually I've calmed down a bit compared to a couple of days ago - maybe I've already had my breakdown
    it's literally just hit me!! personally can't wait to get the results bit out of the way and the just drown in alcohol for the rest of the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ché.)
    Thank you, extremely!
    You have reassured me about how it's done...

Re-sits aren't an ideal option tbh; I am hoping for strong UMS to show the grounded academic capability...
    This is Medical School were talking about... Tbh!?
    As it goes from most degrees now as the era tranforms.

I hope that I can get 2 A* predictions; I want to apply for Cambridge by the way but for all other options, an A* would be nice to stand out with!

Thursday is pretty much a stepping stone for most of our careers...
    No matter what, you'll know your progress there and THEN.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not talking about medical school, I'm afraid. I applied for Law. An A* would definitely look good and if you have an A* you would have no trouble getting your teachers to predict an A* in that subject. Also, get some work experience during the holidays if you're going into medicine. I've heard that field is extremely competitive.

ReputationRep:
    think about it this way guys; whether the results are good or not we'll all have an amazing excuse to get so drunk that we forget our own names

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiapal)
    it's literally just hit me!! personally can't wait to get the results bit out of the way and the just drown in alcohol for the rest of the day
    Me too. I am so bored this summer. If I am being completely honest, results day is currently my only motivation to live. The anticipation and the "make-or-break" moment would add a little bit of spice into my life. After that, (if it goes well), I can relax and start researching my firm uni in-detail. Or my insurance uni. But I'm gonna try and avoid my insurance uni and get into another one through clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryl)
    Me too. I am so bored this summer. If I am being completely honest, results day is currently my only motivation to live. The anticipation and the "make-or-break" moment would add a little bit of spice into my life. After that, (if it goes well), I can relax and start researching my firm uni in-detail. Or my insurance uni. But I'm gonna try and avoid my insurance uni and get into another one through clearing.
    me too! the summer has dragged so much that i guess its kinda good to have something to look forward to, i dont think i will have failed miserably but i have no idea how its gone! i'll definitely be going through clearing if i dont get my firm, my insurance is actually higher than my firm hahha

ReputationRep:
    think about it this way guys; whether the results are good or not we'll all have an amazing excuse to get so drunk that we forget our own names
    Hell yeah to that one! Drink to celebrate or drink to drown your sorrows!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryl)
    Not talking about medical school, I'm afraid. I applied for Law. An A* would definitely look good and if you have an A* you would have no trouble getting your teachers to predict an A* in that subject. Also, get some work experience during the holidays if you're going into medicine. I've heard that field is extremely competitive.
    Don't worry about that!
    I have loads now...
    Complete bundles that cannot be rammed in a personal statement but has improved my intellectual potential by streams and streams...

Wo, Law!?
    Much. More. Competitive. Than. Medicine.
    Fact!

All I need is steady UMS with good predictions!

Lets see!
    How was your progress of application!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ché.)
    Ah!

It just never ends...
    How important was your AS progress for your expected results this year!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's nice going into the A2 exams knowing you've already got X amount of UMS from AS, and most teachers use your AS results when predicting A2 results. If you aren't happy with your predictions you can always talk to your teachers and negotiate them. But depending where you apply, some unis don't put that much emphasis on AS - e.g. Oxford put more emphasis on GCSE than AS, Cambridge is the reverse. good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryl)
    I know, I edited that post admitting I was stupidly naive. Oh yes, I remember you too. Good luck to you too! How did you find the psychology exams?
    I think they actually went okay u know. The methods paper was abit random but hopefully ive done decently. You??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJW 12394)
    It's nice going into the A2 exams knowing you've already got X amount of UMS from AS, and most teachers use your AS results when predicting A2 results. If you aren't happy with your predictions you can always talk to your teachers and negotiate them. But depending where you apply, some unis don't put that much emphasis on AS - e.g. Oxford put more emphasis on GCSE than AS, Cambridge is the reverse. good luck
    That's something I have based my choices...
    Ridiculous as it sounds, i don't think GCSEs of 3A*s and 9As might be enough for Oxford, fo'sure!

Cambridge is much better for me, anyway!

Ah...
    We'll see!
    Enough about Oxbridge...
    I don't want to come across all "elite" when I'm hardly so...
    😯😧

Thanks for the luck!
    How did you examinations go!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any of the aqa or ocr mark schemes...not even for AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    Has anyone got any of the aqa or ocr mark schemes...not even for AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Official!?
    NAH.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    me too! the summer has dragged so much that i guess its kinda good to have something to look forward to, i dont think i will have failed miserably but i have no idea how its gone! i'll definitely be going through clearing if i dont get my firm, my insurance is actually higher than my firm hahha
    Yeah, I also don't think I failed really badly. But apart from that, I have no idea how it went. Anyway, good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.