Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Its better if you get some sleep and rest now as you don't want to be tired for your exam. Also if you find something you can't do now then it'll just stress you out so its best if you don't do anymore, just have a look at the proof before you go in and best of luck for tomorrow, you'll ace it!
    Yeah but im to hyped to sleep Ima do a couple of questions then sleep and i'll wake up at half 6 and do a pre-exam exam
    Thank you!! D/w im not the type to stress out
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by tigerz)
    Yeah but im to hyped to sleep Ima do a couple of questions then sleep and i'll wake up at half 6 and do a pre-exam exam
    Thank you!! D/w im not the type to stress out
    Fair enough then and I should be up at that time as well And that's good to hear, I always go into my exams relaxed as you possibly can be, but it changes if I find more than 1 question I can't do straightaway, still aiming for the 100's though

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough then and I should be up at that time as well And that's good to hear, I always go into my exams relaxed as you possibly can be, but it changes if I find more than 1 question I can't do straightaway, still aiming for the 100's though
    Cool, I dunno if i'll be on here (probably will be though) Haha good luck for your exams! Nahh.. I aim for everything correct but I am content with 60+

Music before exam :music:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Do you know whether there's ever been an 1800?

ReputationRep:
    What is the Area of a Segment?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Cool, I dunno if i'll be on here (probably will be though) Haha good luck for your exams! Nahh.. I aim for everything correct but I am content with 60+

Music before exam :music:
    Thanks but I've still got some time for my 9 remaining ones, so it should all be good And yeah that was me last year and now I won't accept anything less than two A*'s in both Maths and Further Maths, I've also been told that I've been nominated for outstanding achievement in the subject and I'll get a subject award for Further Maths too at my school Also who doesn't love a good bit of music, if only we could listen to it during the actual exams it would help me concentrate more
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by reubenkinara)
    Do you know whether there's ether been an 1800?
    Not from my area.

ReputationRep:
    Oh btw, whenever the question asks to prove whether fx is increasing/ decreasing you just differentiate and then sub in x right...

If there's a +ive grad-f(x) increasing for all values and if -ve then f(x) is decreasing for all values of x!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Not from my area.
    I see. 1200 or 1500 perhaps?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Oh btw, whenever the question asks to prove whether fx is increasing/ decreasing you just differentiate and then sub in x right...

If there's a +ive grad-f(x) increasing for all values and if -ve then f(x) is decreasing for all values of x!
    That's how I do it and how would you show a maximum or minimum point?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I see. 1200 or 1500 perhaps?
    In my area the highest will probably be 1100/1200 I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but I've still got some time for my 9 remaining ones, so it should all be good And yeah that was me last year and now I won't accept anything less than two A*'s in both Maths and Further Maths, I've also been told that I've been nominated for outstanding achievement in the subject and I'll get a subject award for Further Maths too at my school Also who doesn't love a good bit of music, if only we could listen to it during the actual exams it would help me concentrate more
    Oh wow! congratz! I actually got y12 maths award this year, but apart from that all my prizes are never for academics!
    Ahh thats cool, WOW 9! I have 3, 2 after tomorrow! Good luck,you'll be fine I actually might try for A* in maths next year, we shall see...

Not gonna lie, I would ace exams with music! especially maths

ReputationRep:
    dy/dx=o at stationary, max, min, turning points etc hehe

You get 2nd derivative , sub in x and if its less than 0 max and more than 0 its a min
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    dy/dx=o at stationary, max, min, turning points etc hehe

You get 2nd derivative , sub in x and if its less than 0 max and more than 0 its a min
    That's all correct
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    In my area the highest will probably be 1100/1200 I believe.
    I see. Still impressive .
    Well goodnight and good luck if you have C2 or S2 or anything tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow! congratz! I actually got y12 maths award this year, but apart from that all my prizes are never for academics!
    Ahh thats cool, WOW 9! I have 3, 2 after tomorrow! Good luck,you'll be fine I actually might try for A* in maths next year, we shall see...

I got an English award in year 11 :nothing: they gave the maths award to someone else...

Never forgave them for that

ReputationRep:
    That's all correct
    Hehe I said it in a very compact way

(Original post by justinawe)
    I got an English award in year 11 :nothing: they gave the maths award to someone else...

Never forgave them for that
    Awwhh, I didn't get it for achievement really, it was more for 'effort' or w/e but ahh wells, the award wasn't good enough for you
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper

Very nice! It feels good because I've been getting 100% in my C4 and latest M2 mock too! FP2 is still getting there but it's also at 95% which isn't that bad for this far away And yeah I've went for a crazy amount of exams to get into my chosen university and thanks, I know the Maths ones should be okay but the Chemistry ones will be down to the day really :-/ I also found out that the awards evening is the night that I've had 6 hours of Maths exams during the daytime -.- And the way I see it is always aim for the best and then you settle for A's and so on Agreed!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Hehe I said it in a very compact way

Awwhh, I didn't get it for achievement really, it was more for 'effort' or w/e but ahh wells, the award wasn't good enough for you
    That's true but it shows you know all the main parts which is good
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I see. Still impressive .
    Well goodnight and good luck if you have C2 or S2 or anything tomorrow
    I want to beat it! And thanks but I haven't got any tomorrow, otherwise I'd already be asleep if I did

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.