Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmedic1)
    Are you undergrad? And how do you think your interview went?
    Yes I'm an undergrad well I thought it went quite well, with regard to the medical questions I thought I did well but I didn't think I answered the ethical question as well as I could have. So overall I was a bit unsure

ReputationRep:
    I really want to work in kings college hospital because it's in quote a deprived area and I think it will be so amazing and such a challenge. London is the best place to train as a doctor because it is so multicultural and you meet so many different people, plus kings college is one of the to medical schools in the country - that must be for a reason!

It is a traditional course so mainly lectures and you are attached to a patient in the first year.
    Also you have this inter professional education thing where you work with other people from other courses like nursing and physiotherapy and work on scenarios and write essays on relevant things - all about embracing teamwork in a hospital.
    Well, can i ask, why not Barts and the London? It's in east london- so that's in a deprived area too. Barts actually has a much higher student satisfaction score. Plus, Kings keeps dropping in the med league tables

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yolo_kevin)
    And the ever so satisfying "unconditional"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yes, only from some unis though, my Newcastle BMSci offer is conditional, the condition is email them the certs...hardest offer ever!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    Oh yes, only from some unis though, my Newcastle BMSci offer is conditional, the condition is email them the certs...hardest offer ever!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? Haha spoilsports...maybe the ability to use a scanner is an important part of the degree

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really? Haha spoilsports...maybe the ability to use a scanner is an important part of the degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Certainly a large part of a kings offer, the tensions surrounding the 'can we see your stuff' message is tense!! As I'm rejecting Newcastle I may send them a photo of me with the caption 'nahhhhhhh' instead!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Certainly a large part of a kings offer, the tensions surrounding the 'can we see your stuff' message is tense!! As I'm rejecting Newcastle I may send them a photo of me with the caption 'nahhhhhhh' instead!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very true, actually caused my blood pressure to increase haha you could make yourself into a meme, I'd love that if I were on the admissions department

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just read that you would want to reapply even if you got another offer just to go to King's - I would advice to stick with the offer you get to be honest. King's is pretty awesome, but the things you mentioned that you love about it - most medical schools can offer that.

We don't write many essays at kings....and working with people on other courses doesn't happen often. Yes learning in scenarios is pretty awesome etc but honestly, don't give up your place at another medical school just to reapply to Kings

I really want to work in kings college hospital because it's in quote a deprived area and I think it will be so amazing and such a challenge. London is the best place to train as a doctor because it is so multicultural and you meet so many different people, plus kings college is one of the to medical schools in the country - that must be for a reason!

It is a traditional course so mainly lectures and you are attached to a patient in the first year.
    Also you have this inter professional education thing where you work with other people from other courses like nursing and physiotherapy and work on scenarios and write essays on relevant things - all about embracing teamwork in a hospital.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha.. that's very easy to say sitting on a couple of offers, but for us mere mortals with nothing you can understand the concern

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Very true, actually caused my blood pressure to increase haha you could make yourself into a meme, I'd love that if I were on the admissions department

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Give them something to smile about, I'd have to wear a Sunderland shirt though for the occasion!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sausagerolled)
    Haha.. that's very easy to say sitting on a couple of offers, but for us mere mortals with nothing you can understand the concern

Posted from TSR Mobile
    After last years BS I can sympathise, empathise and know the traumatic rollercoaster of emotions you're going on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    After last years BS I can sympathise, empathise and know the traumatic rollercoaster of emotions you're going on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohhh what happened last year if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh what happened last year if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oxford - crashed and burned at interview.
    Barts - misread my statement and claimed I'd done an illegitimate qualification, by the time it was identified they'd given out all offers.
    Newcastle - The UKCAT average shot up and I missed out by 2.
    Liverpool - Woman who ran my volunteering had a heart attack so I was unable to start before UCAS form sent off, Liverpool rejected due to not enough volunteering.
    Application cycle 2013 = a comedy of errors!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So sure I'll be rejected now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmagic)
    So sure I'll be rejected now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whys that? Early interview and still not heard?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting ~

ReputationRep:
    Whys that? Early interview and still not heard?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was on the 10th Dec and I've heard nothing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if kings are holding back some people into a waiting list to compare them with current interviewees, and then sending offers/rejections out? I know it says somewhere that they do offers on a rolling basis. I mean, my interview was Dec 5!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right I'm beginning to get scared now.

Thinking of reapplying even if I get another offer because I really really want kings. What do you guys think?
      I think that you're CRAZY. "The best med school is the one that will take you". I get you really like kings, but there's no guarantee of getting an offer next time round, and competition gets fiercer every year! If you get one offer this year, just firm it. Otherwise you may spend a stressful gap year reapplying only to get no offers...

(Original post by lixto)
        I wonder if kings are holding back some people into a waiting list to compare them with current interviewees, and then sending offers/rejections out? I know it says somewhere that they do offers on a rolling basis. I mean, my interview was Dec 5!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
        I checked last years thread, when people are put on the waiting list they get an email saying so.

ReputationRep:
        Wasn’t that a waiting list for results day when they may provide a few last minute offers (several universities do this) or for offers later on? KCL actually had a few vacancies on results day in 2013 even after any candidates kept on hold, not many but there were some.
        I have a theory that KCL have a criteria right now that out of the 25 maximum points you are marked on in the interview, if you get over 22.5 you get an offer, if you get below 20 you get a rejection and if you are between those scores you are in a pool until interviews are complete. If they fill up all the offer numbers with candidates who exceed the 22.5 score then everybody will be rejected in the “pool”, otherwise the highest in the pool will get offers in due course to make up the total offer volume.
        Pure guess work of course, but noting how some people have received offers (up to 19th December is the last one I’ve seen posted here) and other haven’t received offers/rejections on earlier interview dates + a couple of candidates posted that they had received a rejection yesterday, then this is logical at least.
        For the record, my son has applied to KCL and was interviewed on the 18th December and waiting to hear.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.