Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Will they be using our personal statements for an mmi or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple and gold)
    Haha, I can't believe you went allll out .
    Best show ever he says while slurping his drink.
    Hahaa I couldn't not continue it, it's sort of a reflex reaction
    I agree, best show everrrr. I still refer to him as Hal whilst watching Breaking Bad.

ReputationRep:
    Hal, Heisenberg, not far.
    Anyone going to the interview on the 18th of February?
    Maurice Shock Building?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone receive undergraduate offers for 17th Dec? (Home applicants) I'm still waiting please leicester

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody received an interview for the added date yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAS101101)
    Has anybody received an interview for the added date yet?
    No don't think so. No one has said anything on this thread but we'll hear soon hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waheed786)
    Hi guys!
    Starting to get worried, I haven't been able to certify my A-level (Achieved) certificates yet. Was planning on going into my college tomorrow but obviously due to the half-term I doubt I'll be able to get them stamped.

Do you think it will be okay if I bring my original certificates AND the (uncertified) copies of the certificates on the day to show them that they are a true representation of my exam performance and perhaps get them to sign that they have seen originals and can confirm that copies are valid?

Much appreciated!
    Dont quote me its probably best to double check!.but i think you can tick a box on the sheet to say you havnt bought certified copies and you will send them?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hl7495)
    Dont quote me its probably best to double check!.but i think you can tick a box on the sheet to say you havnt bought certified copies and you will send them?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, do you think it will affect my interview performance like they quoted on the email in any way?

Alternatively, I know a teacher from my college (he's a business teacher- he never taught me nor is he the examinations officer), do you think it will be worth getting the copies signed by him to 'certify' that they are true copies. I will show him my originals too, just want to know if this counts as being 'certified' on Leicester's behalf as he is a teacher at the institute I got my A-levels from, but just isn't MY teacher nor the examinations officer if that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, do you think it will affect my interview performance like they quoted on the email in any way?

Alternatively, I know a teacher from my college (he's a business teacher- he never taught me nor is he the examinations officer), do you think it will be worth getting the copies signed by him to 'certify' that they are true copies. I will show him my originals too, just want to know if this counts as being 'certified' on Leicester's behalf as he is a teacher at the institute I got my A-levels from, but just isn't MY teacher nor the examinations officer if that makes sense?
    I think that would be fine as long as he writes "this is a true copy" and signs it wirh the school name aswell if you cant get a stamp

When I went to interview I just had to staple the copies to a sheet and the admissions lady said 'if you haven't brought them you can send them in as soon as possible'. Just get a signature and the name of your school written on the back that's what I did

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

https://www.gov.uk/certifying-a-document

A teacher can do it for you, if you follow the instructions on that website then you should be fine.

For the record, police officers can do this for you too (my local station has done this). It's free of charge and LMS accept this kind of certification - I emailed them to check.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted in time

ReputationRep:
      Thanks for your help guys!

Also do I just need bring certified A2 and AS certificates certificates or will I have to also bring GCSEs?

ReputationRep:
      Correct me if i'm wrong but it said you only need to certify A2 certificate copies not AS?

ReputationRep:
      I had my interview lonnnnnnng time ago in dec lol but didn't take any certificates only ID. I'm sure they said you need A2 certificates only if you've completed your A levels.

ReputationRep:
      How long does the tour last?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by panjabiflower)
      How long does the tour last?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      an hour ish

ReputationRep:
      How much notice did people tend to get for interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by picnmix)

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I got about 3 wks notice.

ReputationRep:
      International students, any offers yet? I feel like I ask this a lot... #whatislife

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by picnmix)

Posted from TSR Mobile
      6 weeks

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.