Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    Well usy spoilt it

That's fine I guess I know what you mean. Unit 5 biology (for edexcel anyways) need all other units
    Yep, for one of my A2 units I have to write a synoptic essay.
    Is anyone else really pleased my their timetable? Since I only use 4 blocks (fm as, fm a2, chem, bio), I have loads of frees and they're nicely placed!
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by keromedic)
    So I take it you've self studied it or something? I don't recall it making part of ur maths Alevel!
    Yeah, it's part of AS FM for me. :yep:
    • Study Helper

Don't take this the wrong way guys, I just wanted to know whether any of the religious folks on here are planning on joining any religious societies @ uni.
    ?
    I probably will tbh!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    I probably will tbh!
    What would you do?
    From my jewish friend, I know what their society would do would be to give advice on where to access kosher foods as well as do prayers and that sort of things. It's also just a place to associate with ppl with the same moral principles. A respite from the 'sinful' world, as it were!
    I can sympathise. I'd like to join a society or two! Probably anime/fantasy books and a music oriented one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soontobesuper)
    That makes me feel a little better, just finished draft 2/3 saying "Life sciences". So you don't know what your applying for?!?
    I do... But i been busy with Epq and 'preparing' for A2 (Aka building up on sleep )

At my school, we have to send it all by November (At least they say) which is quite a lot of time! 'I'll get of my backside once im back in that dreaded school environment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Expect one soon
    okay

Packing things is seemingly neverending :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, for one of my A2 units I have to write a synoptic essay.
    Is anyone else really pleased my their timetable? Since I only use 4 blocks (fm as, fm a2, chem, bio), I have loads of frees and they're nicely placed!

Oh wow, for us, half of the unit 5 exam is synoptic essays aren't that bad tbh

Getting mine tomorrow :eek:

ReputationRep:
    actually like it at A2,8 people in our biology set,10 people in chemistry,and just 3 in maths - going to be so interesting now
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    Oh wow, for us, half of the unit 5 exam is synoptic essays aren't that bad tbh

Getting mine tomorrow :eek:
    Hope you get a nice one.
    Seems like I wouldn't have been able to apply for Medicine anyway, I got predicted a B for chemistry!
    Name:  ucas....PNG
Views: 101
Size:  4.1 KB
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else get really annoyed at themselves in classes because they keep answering questions. This keeps happening to me, especially in biology!
    • Study Helper

What would you do?
    From my jewish friend, I know what their society would do would be to give advice on where to access kosher foods as well as do prayers and that sort of things. It's also just a place to associate with ppl with the same moral principles. A respite from the 'sinful' world, as it were!
    I can sympathise. I'd like to join a society or two! Probably anime/fantasy books and a music oriented one.
    Indeed, also a nice way to meet people/make friends IMO :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hope you get a nice one.
    Seems like I wouldn't have been able to apply for Medicine anyway, I got predicted a B for chemistry!
    Name:  ucas....PNG
Views: 101
Size:  4.1 KB
    Thank you! And that's not necessarily true. Some unis accept AAB predictions. Keele accept A*AB predictions.

ReputationRep:
    I'm such a Chemistry nerd :emo:

I thought going to a private school would challenge me academically :rofl: obviously not.

(with regards to other students)

French: Amazing, only boy... The other students weren't great though :erm: the teacher likes me though I think :teehee: because I spoke to her in French and that.

Geography: One other boy... Content is simple. But oh well, I like it.

Chemistry: My teacher is a doctor, and she seemed nice, think I embarrassed myself by knowing all this advanced **** :mmm:

Physics: Havent had a lesson yet...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else get really annoyed at themselves in classes because they keep answering questions. This keeps happening to me, especially in biology!
    Nah I love answering questions because it helps me remember stuff and also develop critical thinking (in history) but for maths I just generally work out problems faster and it makes me engage more in the lesson rather than getting bored churning over the same content

ReputationRep:
    Sweet, you can use the learning resources (I have to start using that part of the site. I can't see me benefiting but I can certainly help others ) and you can post in the hyper sub forum.
    I got the details of my first maths mentee today . His name is Umar. And I'm going to sign up to Biology mentor. Should be fun .
    I loved doing this last year :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    mhmm got everything prepared now to destroy my school (not literally). I've compiled together my GCSEs, ASs, Certificates and Personal Statement to show the Oxbridge Advisor I'm actually serious about doing Maths at Cambridge, fingers crossed tomorrow she begins to offer me the support that other A* GCSE students have being constantly streamed. I'll also show them to my Maths teachers for them to definitely enter me for additional further maths. I've already done C4 for god sake what more do they want!

Mmm feels good having the upper hand now

ReputationRep:
    Don't take this the wrong way guys, I just wanted to know whether any of the religious folks on here are planning on joining any religious societies @ uni.
    ?
    Yes, I'll join the CU wherever I end up.

ReputationRep:
    First day back at school/ college! Absolutely shattered and we didn't even do any work

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi19956)
    First day back at school/ college! Absolutely shattered and we didn't even do any work

This! But we did do some work...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    This! But we did do some work...
    I had a whole day with zero lessons :confused: what was the point?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.