Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trisha.b)
    Anyone heard from DLA today? I am assuming a silent PFO now
    yeah i'm thinking the same. can't imagine they'd let us know as late as Monday if the assessment days are Thursday and Friday... surprised they haven't sent out rejections yet though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cp778)
    Congratulations!!
    Thanks all, so pleased! I can honestly say just persevere and you will get there!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from Morgan Lewis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by givemegoodnews)
    TC at Links!
    Woah, congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    TC at Links!
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from SM FML

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qazwer)
    Congratulations, great firm! Did you hear back from Ashurst?
    Thank you! Yeah I heard back. I got rejected unfortunately. Haha the offer from Slaughters and the rejection from Ashurst came just 10 minutes apart

ReputationRep:
    TC at Links!
    Congratulations! Fantastic news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMikeRoss)
    My efforts so far, mix of winter and summer vac schemes (I forget exactly which is which..!). I'm a final year non-lawyer:

Hogan Lovells - WG test --> Phone interview --> Final assessment day --> Rejection
    CMS Cameron McKenna - WG test done
    Jones Day - Interview --> Waiting for result
    HSF - Tests done, waiting on outcome
    Weil - Waiting
    Skadden - Waiting
    Cleary Gottlieb - They asked for my results transcript..don't know if that's good or bad
    Mishcon de Reya - Video interview --> Assessment day to come probably in the new year
    Travers Smith - Interview booked for in a few days time
    White and Case - Waiting
    DLA Piper - Waiting but they're not rolling so will be a while

If anyone has questions which I might be any help with feel free to ask
    I just wondering when your Mishcon assessment day is? We might be on the same one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need good news)
    Hi to all, I can see that some people have been wondering what is happening with Mishcon de Reya so thought I would let you know about my app process. I applied end of November, heard back middle of Jan with invite for video interview, received an assessment day invite on tuesday this week and had the A/C on Weds, and then received the vac scheme offer on Weds itself. --- for those who applied later (in Jan) there is a chance you may not make it to the A/C if you haven't heard now as they do recruit on a rolling basis and don't have many spaces on the vac scheme.

This is the only app I made and so I cannot comment on other firms processes.

Good luck to all still waiting to hear!
    Firstly, well done on securing a vac scheme with Mishcon de Reya. However, I don't think it is true that those who applied in January don't have a chance at getting an A/C with the firm. If someone makes an excellent application and the firm likes them, they have a chance of being interviewed - regardless of whether they applied in January or end of November. Yes, competition for those remaining spots will be tough, but MDR are unlikely to turn away someone they really like just because they applied January 10th.

Without being offensive (and this is just my opinion), I wouldn't trust the opinion of someone who has just made one application the entire vacation scheme cycle. As much as everybody has their 'dream' firm - and we are told to choose quality over quantity - to put all your eggs in one basket is a massive risk.

But ultimately it is your personal commentary on the process and it is good that you have contributed your experience with us, so thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Any news on MoFo, RPC or Cleary?

ReputationRep:
    RPC have interviews this week (mine is Wednesday).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSpector)
    I was emailed by them yesterday post VRT to say they are reviewing apps and will be in touch between now and beginning of march

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    Thank you for letting me know! Not heard of anyone hearing post-interview so maybe they respond after everyone has completed it? Who knows!

It is 1 minute yes- I found that a real shock as my other was 2 and like you said it makes a difference. Best of luck!
    Best of luck with your application also! And thank you for the information.

Random question - was it ever cleared up if 11th Feb 00:00 means midnight of the 11th or midnight of the 10th? Ambiguous

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone completed the dwf video interview yet, just wondering whether it focuses on commercial awareness or it is more about personal experiences and the firm itself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    Has anyone completed the dwf video interview yet, just wondering whether it focuses on commercial awareness or it is more about personal experiences and the firm itself?
    Hi,

It is more about yourself and the firm, fairly general. I did not get anything outright commercial. Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonkeymanC3)
    Hi,

It is more about yourself and the firm, fairly general. I did not get anything outright commercial. Hope that helps!
    Thank you, that helps a lot! Do you think yours went well? I am doing mine tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    Thank you, that helps a lot! Do you think yours went well? I am doing mine tomorrow
    I think it went okay. Not brilliant, but I was not kicking myself afterwards, unlike previous interviews.

Anyway, it is very general, there will be nothing that will really catch you out, so you'll do great!

Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSpector)
    I'm waiting on MoFo too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to Bristows workshop? Either spring or summer?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.