Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweetcorn_1)
    Damn. Way too long. See you in 10 weeks boys. Good luck.
    I'm still waiting for a reply almost 4 months after I submitted my application! Thanks, good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    anyone got actuarial offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie S)
    Gov +Eco??? Anybody with predicted grades heard anything back?
    Nope! It's torture! What are your stats, if you don't mind me askingg?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scriberg)
    anyone got actuarial offers?
    Im also waiting on an actuarial offer! when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellenodoc222)
    Im also waiting on an actuarial offer! when did you apply?
    mid november haha wby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scriberg)
    mid november haha wby?
    Same here, feels like ive been waiting forever.. haha

ReputationRep:
    I have come to the conclusion that LSE tutors are a bunch of smug human beings who love the tension they cause amongst us. I bet they have read everyones application and are just.... waiting around, increasing the anxiety for us. They are building it up and at once they will release all the rejections. They love it. Some kind of strange, inhumane fetish. Well thats my opinion. Kindly share yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daalchaval)
    I have come to the conclusion that LSE tutors are a bunch of smug human beings who love the tension they cause amongst us. I bet they have read everyones application and are just.... waiting around, increasing the anxiety for us. They are building it up and at once they will release all the rejections. They love it. Some kind of strange, inhumane fetish. Well thats my opinion. Kindly share yours.
    They probably read this thread haha

ReputationRep:
    hope not

ReputationRep:
    another 4 week email as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infinity5)
    Thank you!That's for sure,fingers are crossed since summer. So I noticed you said something about applying to 2 courses at LSE..which one do you really prefer ?
    I personally prefer maths and economics as economics is more in my field of interest. But tbh, an offer from either course would be my firm choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saab.L)
    I personally prefer maths and economics as economics is more in my field of interest. But tbh, an offer from either course would be my firm choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice. They are both great choices! It just seems that BMS doesn't get so many applications in respect to other courses at LSE

ReputationRep:
    Getting very good in typing with crossed fingers ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infinity5)
    Nice. They are both great choices! It just seems that BMS doesn't get so many applications in respect to other courses at LSE
    It's a very specialized course
    What other unis and courses have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which careers service would help me more with getting into investment banking: UCL or LSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nayilgervinho)
    Which careers service would help me more with getting into investment banking: UCL or LSE.
    Both are good, but this is something that would not depend on the Career Service people.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't be judging based on that as essentially it'll be YOU that helps YOU get into IB.

I will say any student at any London university can join the UCL societies (yes, seriously). So as an LSE student you can use the UCL Econ and Finance society but as a UCL student you can't join LSE ones..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim1410)
    LSE is my firm (if they give me offers haha). It is such a long wait.. I applied in October but still they are making no decisions
    Dont worry they can take really long to reply, at least in my case
    It took about 3 months!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Has anyone heard on the application for the MSc in Development Studies Course at LSE?

Thanks
    Pankhuri
    India

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Honestly, the careers service did nothing for any of us getting into IB when I was at UCL last year. They're not necessary; getting into IB is all about the individual.

Choose which uni you want to go to based on the quality and suitability of their course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.