Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HI everyone!
    Has anyone got an offer from York?
    Just had the interview yesterday and my answers were downright embarrassing x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harry0156)
    Got offers from Nottingham, Bristol and Liverpool, rejected by Oxford after interview. I haven't heard back from Durham, anyone got offers from there?
    When did you get your offer from Nottingham? And how long was it after you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And this brings me to the end of this applications cycle...

King's got back to me this evening.
    http://prntscr.com/a20nco

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamsinb123)
    When did you get your offer from Nottingham? And how long was it after you applied?
    Applied 9th Oct
    Offer 25th Nov

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    And this brings me to the end of this applications cycle...

King's got back to me this evening.
    http://prntscr.com/a20nco
    Congratulations! What were your grades and LNAT score please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARoxanne)
    Is anyone going to the BPP Applicants Day?
    I also received that invitation for march 12. Are you going to attend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJaneH)
    Congratulations! What were your grades and LNAT score please?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    8A*1A at IGCSE
    4As 1B at AS
    4A* predictions at A2
    26 LNAT MCQ

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    8A*1A at IGCSE
    4As 1B at AS
    4A* predictions at A2
    26 LNAT MCQ
    Well done! Im doing iGCSE atm, when did you start the learning part of revision? My plan is to finish notes now and then spend exactly two months (including two weeks at Easter) to learn everything, then two weeks doing past papers. Would you say this is a good amount of time to get most/all A*s?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mint_chocolate)
    HI everyone!
    Has anyone got an offer from York?
    Just had the interview yesterday and my answers were downright embarrassing x x
    No, not yet I've got my interview soon! How did your yours go? I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think! A lot of people have said the hardest part is actually getting selected for the interview, by then they've already gone through everyone and short listed you so many people who thought they'd messed up the interview ended up getting offers.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=oli19919;62673415]Well done! Im doing iGCSE atm, when did you start the learning part of revision? My plan is to finish notes now and then spend exactly two months (including two weeks at Easter) to learn everything, then two weeks doing past papers. Would you say this is a good amount of time to get most/all A*s?

As long as you work effectively and focus on content and exam technique then I would say that that is more than enough, although it depends on how well you learn information. I wrote my all my notes and revised for my GCSEs for just over a month before the exams and got 8A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oli19919)
    Well done! Im doing iGCSE atm, when did you start the learning part of revision? My plan is to finish notes now and then spend exactly two months (including two weeks at Easter) to learn everything, then two weeks doing past papers. Would you say this is a good amount of time to get most/all A*s?
    I started revising around Christmas, due to the fact that we had our mocks in early January and had been taught the course slightly quicker in order to allow us to have a decent 3+ months of pure revision time. During that time, I revised everything a second time properly, had about a week off for Easter, and then came back to have a third re-look at my notes and do as many past papers as I had time to. I also had two fairly brutal standalone foreign language exams that year, something that took away a few weeks of revision. Interestingly enough, my exams finished in mid-May, so I didn't have the time buffer that others had for GCSE (who were sitting exams as late as the 14th of June if I remember correctly).

I think that your plan is certainly feasible, and the only thing I'd advise is allowing some time to compensate for any homework set by your school for revision. I had a "homework evening" every week during which I would catch up with all the random **** my teachers would force on us to help us revise (conveniently forgetting that most of us had decent revision schedules already). Make sure that you plan for any ECs/homework/etc in advance, so you don't end up falling behind I don't know what else to say, I think that you should definitely have a decent amount of time to do everything properly

ReputationRep:
    I started revising around Christmas, due to the fact that we had our mocks in early January and had been taught the course slightly quicker in order to allow us to have a decent 3+ months of pure revision time. During that time, I revised everything a second time properly, had about a week off for Easter, and then came back to have a third re-look at my notes and do as many past papers as I had time to. I also had two fairly brutal standalone foreign language exams that year, something that took away a few weeks of revision. Interestingly enough, my exams finished in mid-May, so I didn't have the time buffer that others had for GCSE (who were sitting exams as late as the 14th of June if I remember correctly).

I think that your plan is certainly feasible, and the only thing I'd advise is allowing some time to compensate for any homework set by your school for revision. I had a "homework evening" every week during which I would catch up with all the random **** my teachers would force on us to help us revise (conveniently forgetting that most of us had decent revision schedules already). Make sure that you plan for any ECs/homework/etc in advance, so you don't end up falling behind I don't know what else to say, I think that you should definitely have a decent amount of time to do everything properly
    Ok thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=qwertyuipdoe;62673803]
    (Original post by oli19919)

As long as you work effectively and focus on content and exam technique then I would say that that is more than enough, although it depends on how well you learn information. I wrote my all my notes and revised for my GCSEs for just over a month before the exams and got 8A*
    Ok thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harry0156)
    Got offers from Nottingham, Bristol and Liverpool, rejected by Oxford after interview. I haven't heard back from Durham, anyone got offers from there?
    Got an offer from Durham, still waiting on Bristol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solrac777)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which would you choose out of the two

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legalmind)
    I also received that invitation for march 12. Are you going to attend?
    Yeah I definitely will be, and you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARoxanne)
    Yeah I definitely will be, and you?
    I might not be able to as I still have no visa. I will appreciate if you will share your experiences and observations after the event. Haha thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solrac777)
    What were your LNAT/AS/GCSE results if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuddledumpling)
    No, not yet I've got my interview soon! How did your yours go? I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think! A lot of people have said the hardest part is actually getting selected for the interview, by then they've already gone through everyone and short listed you so many people who thought they'd messed up the interview ended up getting offers.
    I honestly have no idea I hope mine came out alright! I believe having a basic understanding of PBL is a must and mine just lasted for roughly 10 mins so not many questions could be asked actually^^ haha thanks a lot Good luck with your interview!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legalmind)
    I might not be able to as I still have no visa. I will appreciate if you will share your experiences and observations after the event. Haha thanks.
    I've already been twice but I'll combine all my experiences together and let you know

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.