How are you feeling right now? MKIII

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Adenosine triphosphate, a coenzyme that carries energy for the metabolism :yep:
    I have mitochondrial energy insufficiency a la ATP deficiency, and ADP:ATP conversion anomalies within that thematic, as a generalised (inferred) function of ME/CFS :borat:

Oh sorry xD basically it's a molecule who allow energetic reactions to take place in your body :pika:
    I feel like Pikachu :lol: how bad is it that I learnt all this only a few months ago, passed my exams and don't remember anything

And thank youuuuuuu Dr Frenchie

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    I have mitochondrial energy insufficiency a la ATP deficiency, and ADP:ATP conversion anomalies within that thematic, as a generalised (inferred) function of ME/CFS :borat:
    Okay please stop flirting with Frenchie with this talk

if you wish to flirt and seduce her with biology talk, please do so, in basic English so everyone can understand

Thanks good sir

:lol:

This thread is giving me horrible flashbacks of the AS biology exam :lol:

------------
    Pissed off but i cant decide whether the reason for that is this gigantic headache or not.
    might go....to sleep
    again

In English, you're tired ?
    And in French fatigue chronique, Idk how to translate that tho \:

(Original post by ZuluK)
    I feel like Pikachu :lol: how bad is it that I learnt all this only a few months ago, passed my exams and don't remember anything

And thank youuuuuuu Dr Frenchie
    one day :moon:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    each time someone says such a thing to me it makes my heart boum :cry2: marry me Zulu

ReputationRep:
    Oh my diddy. Oh my diddy. Oh my diddy.:groovy:

I just got some amazing news.

Now man is happy as larry again.

Man's emotional fam.:cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Your medical condition wasnt taken seriously by the medical community until recently.

(Original post by Salamandastron)

------------
    Pissed off but i cant decide whether the reason for that is this gigantic headache or not.
    might go....to sleep
    again

Sorry to hear Biology has been mean to you :console: it's cool to me :ahee:
    ----
    Have a rainbow to cheer you up :lovehug:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    It could be worse ,you could have one of those mitochondrial diseases where you get defective mitochondria from the mom ,then you would be until recently definately screwed.

(Original post by Salamandastron)

------------
    might go....to sleep
    again

Wait it's AS stuff? Why don't I remember this? Im learning this in my degree :lol:

And sleeeeeeeppppp!!!! :lovehug:

one day :moon:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    each time someone says such a thing to me it makes my heart boum :cry2: marry me Zulu
    One day very very soon. I can feel it

Spoiler:
    Show
    can I be your patient? You can check me all over

ReputationRep:
    Adenosine triphosphate, a coenzyme that carries energy for the metabolism :yep:
    Dat explanation glycolysed my brain. :pierre:

Oh sorry xD basically it's a molecule who allow energetic reactions to take place in your body
    That*. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Wait it's AS stuff? Why don't I remember this?
    It was A2 material on the old spec - she's doing the new A Levels. xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    It was A2 material on the old spec - she's doing the new A Levels. xD
    It seems like you are talking to yourself.

Why is everyone talking about ATP? It's giving me A2 biology PTSD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Okay please stop flirting with Frenchie with this talk
    Haha. If I were to attempt to flirt with someone then it would not be on the basis of discussing the intricacies of my particular disabilities, I can assure thee. Just a point of fact/interest :yy:

if you wish to flirt and seduce her with biology talk, please do so, in basic English so everyone can understand
    Ok, so what I said was that I have energy failure associated with the particular (main) form of (cellular) energy production to which she was referring - not that I've had related tests but this is a general hallmark of my chronic health condition

In English, you're tired?
    Understatement of the century! Clue: think about the widespread/multi-systemic rammifications of mitochondrial failure, dear :beard:

fatigue chronique
    Chronic fatigue is a simple, non-specific symptom. ME/CFS is a complex syndrome, with rather a specific set of attributes (including, but not limited to, chronic fatigue). Further info here

(Original post by Kadak)
    Your medical condition wasnt taken seriously by the medical community until recently
    Indeed not, to their eternal shame :rolleyes:

(Original post by Kadak)
    It could be worse
    Experts have classified it the most highly intrusive chronic health condition; it is idiopathic, there is no known cure or generally effective treatment regime, it is highly intractable, multi-systemic, virtually non-recoverable (<5% spontaneous recovery), and it generally significantly reduces not just quality of life but also life expectancy. That said, compared with progressive/terminal illnesses, I suppose it could be worse, and I personally consider myself lucky to only ever have had mild-moderate ME/CFS, albeit that it has been with me my entire adult life, which it turned upside down, as you can probably imagine

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or is TSR really dead today...

ReputationRep:
    Haha. If I were to attempt to flirt with someone then it would not be on the basis of discussing the intricacies of my particular disabilities, I can assure thee. Just a point of fact/interest :yy:

Ok, so what I said was that I have energy failure associated with the particular (main) form of (cellular) energy production to which she was referring - not that I've had related tests but this is a general hallmark of my chronic health condition

Understatement of the century! Clue: think about the widespread/multi-systemic rammifications of mitochondrial failure, dear :beard:

Chronic fatigue is a simple, non-specific symptom. ME/CFS is a complex syndrome, with rather a specific set of attributes (including, but not limited to, chronic fatigue). Further info here

Indeed not, to their eternal shame :rolleyes:

Experts have classified it the most highly intrusive chronic health condition; it is idiopathic, there is no known cure or generally effective treatment regime, it is highly intractable, multi-systemic, virtually non-recoverable (<5% spontaneous recovery), and it generally significantly reduces not just quality of life but also life expectancy. That said, compared with progressive/terminal illnesses, I suppose it could be worse, and I personally consider myself lucky to only ever have had mild-moderate ME/CFS, albeit that it has been with me my entire adult life, which it turned upside down, as you can probably imagine
    Never heard it being called the worst chronic condition.Plenty of other mitochondrial diseases are idiopathic though and are death sentences.
    Although,I dont see whether there any point arguing for which illness is the most debilatating,its not really a desired title.
    I guess its to do with your condition being not widely known and also research into it not being as well funded as other diseases.

How have you coped ?
    Is your condition often misdiagnosed for other diseases,the symptoms seem similar to other conditions?
    What is it like for does with serious CFS?
    Do you struggle to get others to understand your condition ?

(Original post by Hydeman)
    Dat explanation glycolysed my brain. :pierre:
    Hahaha :lol: :lol:

That*. :mmm:
    Fxck.. I keep doing that mistake I am very sorry \: I feel stupid because I've told you before I would not do it again :lol: but in such a context "that" and "who" are the exact same words in French so I keep forgetting :emo:

I understood what you were talking about I tried to translate it in a couple of words :lol:

Yep in French with a few to simplification people usually call that Chronic fatigue anyway, even though it's one of the symptoms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Is it just me or is TSR really dead today...
    Its just you,biology talk is so much fun.

(Original post by ZuluK)

One day very very soon. I can feel it
    Spoiler:
    Show
    can I be your patient? You can check me all over
    I hope you're right :3
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ofc you can :teehee:

Poll
Do you think sex education should be compulsory in schools?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.