Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are there any limits on how many websites you can use for research? I heard that in dissertations websites are allowed to take up 10% of your research.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoJessicaAnn)
    I got an A
    I wouldn't say I have too many 'tips' as such... I just got so into my topic and wrote in sections. I chose something I had a personal interest in and something I found controversial and had lots to say about! Alot of it is about organisation and self-reflection at the end, which is great!
    YAY Well done thats amazing x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackkkkk)
    YAY Well done thats amazing x
    Oh really? What did you get genius? :dancing:

ReputationRep:
    Hello! This is the title I thought of for my essay: 'Do the communist countries of the 20th-21st centuries show that communism can only be enforced using oppression?'

Is that too broad, and does the fact that I'm studying the USSR at A-level mean that it's too close to my subject? I intend to specifically centre my essay around North Korea, but mention the USSR, Vietnam, Cuba etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty1993)
    YAYYY got an A* .... was nottt expecting that!!!!!!
    How many words did you write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahmeh.)
    around 5500... went over a bit but yehh got carried awayy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty1993)
    around 5500... went over a bit but yehh got carried awayy
    Thats good I'm supposed to hand mine in in may and i haven't started!! Any tips?
    Like did you do a questionnaire or anything? Did you use many research methods?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahmeh.)
    They say its a 5000 recommendation. However I wrote 12 thousand and got an A* (as long as its all relevant to your question). I also know someone who wrote 4400 i think and also got an A* sooo as long its relevant i wouldn't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackkkkk)
    They say its a 5000 recommendation. However I wrote 12 thousand and got an A* (as long as its all relevant to your question). I also know someone who wrote 4400 i think and also got an A* sooo as long its relevant i wouldn't worry
    That's great to know - thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I am going to do an extended project so that i have something extra to talk about in interviews, but i have no idea what to do as i dont know what i will study in university.

I am currently studying Psychology, Sociology and ICT.

I have considered doing a psychological study, but have no idea what to do it on. I have also thought about creating a film as i have considered being a cameraman as a career.

Please can you suggest some good ideas to base my project on? any ideas welcome

ReputationRep:
    Is there are historical person or period you have a particular interest in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pefca)

I am currently studying Psychology, Sociology and ICT.

I have considered doing a psychological study, but have no idea what to do it on. I have also thought about creating a film as i have considered being a cameraman as a career.

Please can you suggest some good ideas to base my project on? any ideas welcome
    Perhaps make some sort of psychological horror type film? Where you can collect ideas as to what people find scary and playing on those phobias. I'm making a short film that mixes live action and claymation with a narration of a poem I wrote in about a day, so not sure how good that is! You could also due a case study of some sort and present findings in a short film that can include interviews-so it's like you made a documentary. Just a few ideas at this "late" hour!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I will be starting an EPQ in the next couple of months but I need to think of a project title. I am currently doing Chemisty, Geography and Biology AS and German A2 but I am looking at studying geology at university and would like to focus on a related topic for my EPQ.

Does anyone have any ideas on topic areas or possible question titles? Also any general information on the EPQ or AQA Bacc would be appreciated.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking maths, economics, business studies and Applied ICT AS Levels, and I have also decided to start an EPQ to fit in with my studies. The EPQ course has now started, and I honestly don't know what type of question I should look at, or what I should do as a topic.

I am planning on going into the business/management/economics field for Uni, so I guess a related EPQ would be useful?

What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    I have just completed the presentation for my EPQ project; the psychology behind dental fear

(yh, haha I want to do dentistry at university)

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... just a quick question, can anyone give me pointers on a interesting area of chemistry that I could write about in a dissertation, preferably something that is out side the syllabus but still relatively easy to grasp. The reason I want to do a dissertation instead of a experiment is because in the salters chemistry course you already do a huge investigation. Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dualcore)
    Hmm... just a quick question, can anyone give me pointers on a interesting area of chemistry that I could write about in a dissertation, preferably something that is out side the syllabus but still relatively easy to grasp. The reason I want to do a dissertation instead of a experiment is because in the salters chemistry course you already do a huge investigation. Thanks for any help
    Nanotechnology (and its importance?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by splendidsun)
    Nanotechnology (and its importance?)
    Thanks for the idea, ahh and it links in to the summer school chemistry thing I'm applying for .

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm starting my epq next week and i was wondering what type of things I could do?

I am looking to become a primary school teacher, so I am looking to do something around that as I think it will look good on my university application and possibly job applications.

i was also looking to do a PowerPoint quiz type presentation, but I don't have a clue

any good ideas welcome

Thanks!

Mitch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dualcore)
    Thanks for the idea, ahh and it links in to the summer school chemistry thing I'm applying for .
    No problem

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.