The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2480
Original post by Gemini92
You'll be fine. Even if you don't meet that many people in your halls, there's still the people on your course. I didn't really become friends with anyone in my halls, all the people in my flat and the nearby flats were far too noisy and we generally didn't get on that well. All my friends are from my course.

Saying that, I would like to be friends with the people I'll be living with next year, but if I don't then I still have my friends from my course.

82% of my course mates are dudes! Hall was meant to make up for it, haha oh well
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2481
Original post by dmz
82% of my course mates are dudes! Hall was meant to make up for it, haha oh well

About 75% of my course is dudes but I still have a fair few female friends, granted most of my friends are guys.
Reply 2482
About 75% of my course is dudes but I still have a fair few female friends, granted most of my friends are guys.

yer, i'm not used to that, lol. Only need about 4,5 male friends, not too bothered anymore, just gonna take it as it comes and enjoy it :smile:
Reply 2483
Does anyone know if we can find out whether it's mixed or single sex flat? I really don't want to be in a single sex so I hope mine's mixed!! Is there a way of telling or do we just have to wait till move in day?
Reply 2484
Original post by emilymay
Does anyone know if we can find out whether it's mixed or single sex flat? I really don't want to be in a single sex so I hope mine's mixed!! Is there a way of telling or do we just have to wait till move in day?

You could email the accom department and ask them, or you could try and track down other people in your flat on TSR/facebook etc. which might help. Other than that, I don't think there's any way to find out until you move in.
heyyyyy cant wait for freshers week! i got my accom thorough as barbier house in boddington, im excited but hope the distance isnt too much of a prob. can anyone tell me how many people will be on my floor and be sharing the bathroom and stuff with?
Reply 2486
Im on the very Top floor in the Leodis residences. Is that a good or bad thing? I heard there were a lot less people on the very top floor tht share a flate, but the rooms are bigger. Is this true or does it depend on what block you get?
I'll be staying at The Priory. Just paid the deposit and 5 weeks of rent (the balance being due when my student loans are disbursed) and returned my contract.
Reply 2488
Original post by emilymay

If you chose a mixed sex flat in the accommodation application form you submitted, then you're gonna get it.
Original post by dni2011
If you chose a mixed sex flat in the accommodation application form you submitted, then you're gonna get it.

With 'Don't Mind', do you think there's a stronger chance of getting mixed sex or not? I'd prefer single sex, but wouldn't object to mixed sex. Just want another boy in the flat so it's not me and several girls.
Reply 2490
Original post by Teh User
With 'Don't Mind', do you think there's a stronger chance of getting mixed sex or not? I'd prefer single sex, but wouldn't object to mixed sex. Just want another boy in the flat so it's not me and several girls.

I think they only give single sex to those who request it, although I could be wrong, accomoffice should be able to help you here. I've never heard of a flat where its all girls and one boy or vice versa.
I sent the application for the accomodation and they gonna give me a reply within the end of august. give a try even if you are not an international student. Alternatively, do you think is better to book an accomodation in advance or going there some days before the beginning of the course and look for a private accomodation there?
I think they only give single sex to those who request it, although I could be wrong, accomoffice should be able to help you here. I've never heard of a flat where its all girls and one boy or vice versa.

Ah right, thanks for that! As long as it's not unequal I won't mind. Is it a flat of 6 or 8?
Reply 2493
Ah right, thanks for that! As long as it's not unequal I won't mind. Is it a flat of 6 or 8?

That would depend on which hall you're in. Different halls have a different number of people per flat.
That would depend on which hall you're in. Different halls have a different number of people per flat.

Fair enough. If it's quite a large flat I'd just not prefer a disproportionate amount of boys to girls. You've reassured me, hopefully accomoffice will appear later and explain. :smile:
So jealous of people getting room numbers etc, wish I could start first year again :frown:
Reply 2496

i wouldn't object to that as i'm gonna be with just guys on my course but i'm sure they wouldn't put you in a situation like that.
Original post by naplescore
I sent the application for the accomodation and they gonna give me a reply within the end of august. give a try even if you are not an international student. Alternatively, do you think is better to book an accomodation in advance or going there some days before the beginning of the course and look for a private accomodation there?

if you're international and you meet the deadline you're guaranteed an accommodation
Original post by dmz
i wouldn't object to that as i'm gonna be with just guys on my course but i'm sure they wouldn't put you in a situation like that.

What's your masculine course?
Reply 2498
What's your masculine course?

engineering
Original post by dmz
engineering

Ah yes, very manly. I have a friend who applied for it and went to an interview. There was one woman there and one woman only.

Latest