POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
Jimbo1234
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kolo Toure)
WEAPONS OF MASS DISTRUCTION! They are there! We're 100% sure! Lets go and kill some brown people now!

Good old America. No they can never lie or do wrong! Everything they say is 100% fact. Gulf of Tonkin happened because they said it did!
Who cares about the reasons, Bin Laden and Saddam were threats and why not stomp all over them and sort out the problem? Oh, because it is easier to be selfish and to ignore these problems....
humanrights
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Uneschka)
assuming you're right, let's analyze the two possible scenarios which follow:
1. He's still free and in hiding
as others have pointed out, why would OBL not take this incredible opportunity to discredit the US? Why would the US take such a huge risk, knowing that their lie could be exposed any moment?
2. He was captured by the US and is being held and interrogated somewhere
in that case, the most important thing would be to keep this fact secret. If they wanted to draw attention away from his alleged death as quickly as possible, as would be advisable in this situation, they failed miserably. If it's all a lie, why lie unconvincingly?
Furthermore, if he's alive but captured, putting him on trial would be the better option, because not only would it discredit any conspiracy theories, but it would have much more image-friendly effect. Being the ones who captured and put to justice OBL is far to strong a card not to play, especially with the elections coming up. (Instead the US are now being criticised for their approach, with many questioning whether the killing is justifiable)
Therefore his death, for all its mysteries, is still the most logical explanation - so I guess you have to be mentally ill not to believe the Bin Laden story

or he could have been dead already..........

Retrodiction
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How stupid do you have to be to disbelieve it? All it would take is for bin Laden, if he were in fact still alive, to show his face on al Jazeera or something and the story would be shown to be false... I hardly think the U.S. didn't realise that. Of course he's dead.
Uneschka
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by humanrights)
or he could have been dead already..........

Really? I logically disprove your so-called theory and all you can come up with is another 'theory'?
Oh wait - you mentioned 'Sheeple', that changes everything! You're so right, please forgive my stupidity!
:facepalm:
humanrights
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Uneschka)
Really? I logically disprove your so-called theory and all you can come up with is another 'theory'?
Oh wait - you mentioned 'Sheeple', that changes everything! You're so right, please forgive my stupidity!
:facepalm:

no problem. all is forgiven.
Vikki1805
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LauraMxx)
I'm pretty sure they didn't think of him as their God, as muslims believe their is only one God, Allah, and that is the whole reason for the bombings
That's a good point, I worded myself badly. They saw him as their Dictator, well, he WAS a dictator, either way they have been wanting to bomb for ages. But it's now said, it's even more likely they will, again, soon!
Vikki1805
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ibysaiyan)
Perhaps this was their main objective....
Ithas been all along.
vilongo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
click here conspiracy theorist

There's more to come of course, the administration is allowing the circulation of data that was found in his thumb drives, or at least what harmless data they could gleam.
I would love to hear the conspiracy for this video.... "its not him, his face isn't showing quiet enough, seems selective".
vilongo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
more more more, how do you loke it how do you like it.
/dev/null
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They just released a video of a guy who looks like santa watching himself on TV.

Ask yourselves 2 questions:

1. Does that look like Osama in the video?

2. Why would someone film themselves watching themselves on TV?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but the video looks completely faked.

Where is the evidence he is dead?
the realist
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
did osama find some just for men? why has his beard changed colour and length?

Why is there just videos of him? why not anyone else there relating to him as osama bin ladin, where are the witnesses who can confirm Osama was there, that he is osama? The CIA should have access to better stuff than this if they've actually been in his base, This is no more evidence of anything than the videos osama puts out of himself. No new video footage of Osama has been seen since 2007, so over the last four years Osama has been sitting in his mansion, NOT putting out videos and filming himself for his own personal benefit whilst not doing very much at all? I think they'd have been more likely to find a vid of osama tossing himself off or having sexytime with one of his wives if thats the case.

So we are supposed to believe Osama was supposedly living in a mansion, running operations from there while all these short videoclips depict him on his own in what looks like a shack or hole.

Not to mention the fact that Osamas appearance has had a few unexplained changes over the years.
Lizzzle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by the realist)

Why is there just videos of him? why not anyone else there relating to him as osama bin ladin, where are the witnesses who can confirm Osama was there, that he is osama? The CIA should have access to better stuff than this if they've act, This is no more evidence of anything than the videos osama puts out of himself. No new video footage of Osama has been seen since 2007, so over the last four years Osama has been sitting in his mansion, NOT putting out videos and filming himself for his own personal benefit whilst not doing very much at all? I think they'd have been more likely to find a vid of osama tossing himself off or having sexytime with one of his wives if thats the case.

So we are supposed to believe Osama was supposedly living in a mansion, running operations from there while all these short videoclips depict him on his own in what looks like a shack or hole.

Not to mention the fact that Osamas appearance has had a few unexplained changes over the years.
It's not that hard to find dye, considering he had people who would've bought him food and clothing for the last 10 years or so.
Why would there need to be other people in the videos? He is the leader of Al-Qaeda who was on the run, anyone else with him would've been minions who did small work and would've faced being identified and thus getting OBL caught. Or his wives and children and they would've faced being caught too.
No new video has been put out yes, but these videos show that he was rehearsing to put out a new video - which also goes with what the CIA are saying about the intelligence they gathered from the computer which suggests OBL was planning more attacks on America.
There is not much the guy can do - he's the most wanted man in America, did you expect him to take a trip to Disneyland and decorate his house, and have children's toys all over the floor?
The house was built for over $1m dollars in 2005 but that was the cost of the building. That million didn't contain any money for furniture or any other expenses - clearly all he wanted was an actual building.

And what you mean a few unexplained changes in appearance? It's been 10 years, he's been hiding, clearly he hasn't been living comfortably because he's always on the lookout. He probably hasn't seen sun or had any real fresh air in many many years that would age anybody. Reportedly he had a few health problems too. But even then that's a ridiculous claim. People lose their hair at 20 years old, and people go grey at that time too. To suggest that because he had grey hairs is "an unexplainable change in appearance" is actually ridiculous
the realist
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lizzzle)
It's not that hard to find dye, considering he had people who would've bought him food and clothing for the last 10 years or so.
Why would there need to be other people in the videos? He is the leader of Al-Qaeda who was on the run, anyone else with him would've been minions who did small work and would've faced being identified and thus getting OBL caught. Or his wives and children and they would've faced being caught too.
No new video has been put out yes, but these videos show that he was rehearsing to put out a new video - which also goes with what the CIA are saying about the intelligence they gathered from the computer which suggests OBL was planning more attacks on America.
There is not much the guy can do - he's the most wanted man in America, did you expect him to take a trip to Disneyland and decorate his house, and have children's toys all over the floor?
The house was built for over $1m dollars in 2005 but that was the cost of the building. That million didn't contain any money for furniture or any other expenses - clearly all he wanted was an actual building.

And what you mean a few unexplained changes in appearance? It's been 10 years, he's been hiding, clearly he hasn't been living comfortably because he's always on the lookout. He probably hasn't seen sun or had any real fresh air in many many years that would age anybody. Reportedly he had a few health problems too. But even then that's a ridiculous claim. People lose their hair at 20 years old, and people go grey at that time too. To suggest that because he had grey hairs is "an unexplainable change in appearance" is actually ridiculous
Too convenient. These videos are not evidence of anything, like i said no more evidence than the videos he supposedly puts out himself.

My main point. If anyone thought those videos would silence the critics or conspiracy theorists, they are more stupid than they claim the conspiracy theorists to be. Nothing new to see there.

Still awaiting real evidence
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Such as? What could they release that could convince you he's dead?

(I haven't been following this thread so apologies if you've already said).
the realist
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by History-Student)
Such as? What could they release that could convince you he's dead?

(I haven't been following this thread so apologies if you've already said).
Go back in time and do the right thing, not commit assination, not destroy evidence, not rethink their story 5 times. pretty standard procedure actually.

oh wait...

The conspiracy theorists aren't all the same, some would rather things went right the first time and that there weren't glaring holes in the stories and the evidence.
Dekota-XS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The videos are great at depicting what OBL was. The impression I've got from these five videos is of him being of a gentle and soft spoken disposition, like a spiritual leader not some violent terrorist.

I'm not going to spend much time trying to debunk the validity of these videos because they are real. The only question is when were they taken. Were they taken by Bin Laden himself inside the compound as the Americans say or were they taken by the CIA during his training under the CIA? Indeed if it's the latter, then it makes sense to see a more younger Osama. Another thing to note is that these videos are very different to Osama's previous videos which were addressed to the US, the backdrop is obviously different however somewhat makeshift looking, his appearance obviously differs but his body language differs alot. He's not talking intentionally or threateningly. There's no signs from his body language that he is trying to lead anyone. He seems relatively peaceful and harmless for a terrorist on the run.
Lizzzle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Too convenient. These videos are not evidence of anything, like i said no more evidence than the videos he supposedly puts out himself.

My main point. If anyone thought those videos would silence the critics or conspiracy theorists, they are more stupid than they claim the conspiracy theorists to be. Nothing new to see there.

The video's aren't evidence of him being dead no.

The video's are evidence that the compound was indeed his, he did actually live there. He was planning some new attacks, and he lived in squalor.

Given the fact that the Navy Seals busted into that same compound in which he was living in and pretty much killed everyone inside - can be seen as evidence that he's dead. It's not enough evidence granted but it's still there.

His wife and daughter being an eye-witness, and them saying that he's died. Plus Al-Qaeda saying that he's died, plus all of the world's leaders saying that he's died. Plus many extremists mourning his death on the streets all over the world - is proof that he's died.

If he wasn't dead, then as easy as it was for those to film him, surely they can film him being alive and release a video of him saying this too?

You say its "too convenient" and it doesnt "do enough to silence the critics" and you're still "awaiting real evidence" - presumably you want to see the man's dead body - you're saying all of this but offering no alternative.
If he isn't dead, despite everyone who knew him saying he died, plus the world's leaders putting their political careers on the line by also saying he's dead - then how did the CIA get this evidence? Where is he now? Who was inside that compound?

You're trying to be too analytical and critical when you don't need to be, you're being excessive and trying to put holes in everything. The man is dead, accept it and move on.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Why is there just videos of him? why not anyone else there relating to him as osama bin ladin, where are the witnesses who can confirm Osama was there, that he is osama? The CIA should have access to better stuff than this if they've actually been in his base, This is no more evidence of anything than the videos osama puts out of himself. No new video footage of Osama has been seen since 2007, so over the last four years Osama has been sitting in his mansion, NOT putting out videos and filming himself for his own personal benefit whilst not doing very much at all? I think they'd have been more likely to find a vid of osama tossing himself off or having sexytime with one of his wives if thats the case.

Its funny that the one organisation that actually has an interest in this all being fake is the one that has admitted to him being dead.

Al Qaeda ring any bells?
lightburns
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He's dead, sure, because otherwise he could just make another video.

However, it's also possible that he was killed earlier. If it was a long time earlier, then Al-Qaeda would just need to say, and USA has an embarrassing problem.

The only likely falsehood is if he was killed a few days earlier - so that USA&co had an opportunity to plan exactly what was going to be protocol, and because UK would have had a large sulk if Osama stole the Royal Wedding thunder and became a target for extremists setting off bombs etc.
Dekota-XS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lizzzle)
The video's are evidence that the compound was indeed his, he did actually live there. He was planning some new attacks, and he lived in squalor.
Hold on just a minute... this is like concluding that global warming exists because of witnessing a whole day of torrential rain. The videos aren't evidence to anything, the videos were allegedly found inside the compound, that doesn't prove that the compound was his right? Unless I'm missing something. What possesses you to claim that he was planning some new attacks after watching these audioless videos?
Given the fact that the Navy Seals busted into that same compound in which he was living in and pretty much killed everyone inside - can be seen as evidence that he's dead. It's not enough evidence granted but it's still there.

His wife and daughter being an eye-witness, and them saying that he's died. Plus Al-Qaeda saying that he's died, plus all of the world's leaders saying that he's died. Plus many extremists mourning his death on the streets all over the world - is proof that he's died.

If he wasn't dead, then as easy as it was for those to film him, surely they can film him being alive and release a video of him saying this too?

You say its "too convenient" and it doesnt "do enough to silence the critics" and you're still "awaiting real evidence" - presumably you want to see the man's dead body - you're saying all of this but offering no alternative.
If he isn't dead, despite everyone who knew him saying he died, plus the world's leaders putting their political careers on the line by also saying he's dead - then how did the CIA get this evidence? Where is he now? Who was inside that compound?

You're trying to be too analytical and critical when you don't need to be, you're being excessive and trying to put holes in everything. The man is dead, accept it and move on.
No, we won't accept it as you want to because these are issues which are important to us. If you want to accept it then do so without debating it with other people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (26)
49.06%
No - but I will (1)
1.89%
No - I don't want to (1)
1.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (25)
47.17%

Watched Threads