Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    Sunderland, Oxford Brookes, and Redcar & Cleveland SCITT. I just called my reference and she wasn't around, so I have to call back later. So frustrating!

Where have you applied to?
    Ah that's annoying, have you had any indication on when she intends to do the reference by? I had originally thought Oxford Brookes and then seen how limited the places were, so went for Exeter, Chichester and Solent SCITT! Fingers crossed for at least an interview at one of them! I don't think I can go five minutes at the moment without checking my emails

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etiquette)
    I know what you mean, but I asked well in advance, clearly said 'it needs to be done by Thursday 5th' and still have nothing, not even an email saying it'll be done by Wednesday night. It's not fair to 'test' people when this is their future careers on the line.
    Yeah true. I think the system should be more like undergrad, assuming it's the same as when I applied in 2010. So you'd pay and send it to your referees and they'd feel like they had to do it asap as you've already paid for it so they determine when it gets sent. Also they should have a much longer deadline than two weeks before they don't have to even look at your app, like Jan 15th for undergrad.
    I feel like we're UCAS's guinea pigs since the GTTR, and the accompanying 1st Nov start and only one reference written, is no more.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's my interview done. I think it went really well. Not sure my handwriting was the best on my literacy test, which might let me down. Everything else went great! The presentation, interview and observation went better than expected. I'm very excited - I have to wait a week to find out if I'm offered a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancing_shoes92)
    Ah that's annoying, have you had any indication on when she intends to do the reference by? I had originally thought Oxford Brookes and then seen how limited the places were, so went for Exeter, Chichester and Solent SCITT! Fingers crossed for at least an interview at one of them! I don't think I can go five minutes at the moment without checking my emails
    Could you please tell me how do you know how many places each uni offers?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    Nottingham for Secondary too, but for English. ^^ Haven't seen any mention of Notts other than for Trent, which I suppose is a good thing as I am also awaiting that beloved primary reference. Would hate to see people having interview offers for Notts without having even sent my application, would drive me crazy haha. Have also got a schools direct choice accredited to Nottingham.
    Hey, I've also applied for secondary english at nottingham, and a schools direct place in Nottingham. have you heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffercake)
    Well that's my interview done. I think it went really well. Not sure my handwriting was the best on my literacy test, which might let me down. Everything else went great! The presentation, interview and observation went better than expected. I'm very excited - I have to wait a week to find out if I'm offered a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey congrats! Well done, seems like you'll get a place

What university was it for and which subject if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Friday; 'Oh yeah sure I'll get it done at the weekend, no worries.' On Sunday I email a lovely naggy email, as promised on Friday. No response Sunday night (slightly understandable P: ) or the whole of Monday. Nothing today, and to add to it all, today there is another strike so I doubt she'll even look at her emails. I would be surprised if she got it in tonight or tomorrow. I think I'm looking at Thursday for finishing. I really, really don't need this stress right now. I cannot imagine it's something that will take her that long. We're also almost 'friends' and get on really well, so this is a strange souring of that. Gah.

(Original post by crm)
    Hey, I've also applied for secondary english at nottingham, and a schools direct place in Nottingham. have you heard anything yet?
    Ooh. Hi! (: As I said in the post, I haven't sent the application yet as am waiting for ^ a reference. Let me know if you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Descartes93)
    Hey congrats! Well done, seems like you'll get a place

What university was it for and which subject if you don't mind me asking?
    It was for primary, on a School Direct route. The interviewing panel were so friendly, it was a great atmosphere. I hope I get on! It's my second choice place, but my first choice haven't even acknowledged receipt of my application yet.

How are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    'Just want to make sure you've seen my earlier email from Sunday and it hasn't been lost. Would appreciate getting it done and dusted asap, hence the further bugging... Thank you!'
    I feel so awful bugging about an email that was nagging. -_- Why are we put in this situation.

ReputationRep:
    It feels like such a weight has been lifted off my shoulders! I have been refreshing my emails like a maniac since last Thursday when I sent off my application for the Primary PGCE.

I have just received my interview date for St Mary's!! Anyone else who has similarly applied there will know how relieved and excited I am!! It is on the 11th Dec, is anyone going on this date, or who has already had an interview, how did you find it?

Good luck everyone, I really hope everyone gets called back for their choices, words cannot explain how much relief you will feel when you get the email!!!!!

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    'Just want to make sure you've seen my earlier email from Sunday and it hasn't been lost. Would appreciate getting it done and dusted asap, hence the further bugging... Thank you!'
    I feel so awful bugging about an email that was nagging. -_- Why are we put in this situation.
    Just sent a similar email this morning, adding that interviews have started at my choices, please can you try get it done before tomorrow... No response argh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was for primary, on a School Direct route. The interviewing panel were so friendly, it was a great atmosphere. I hope I get on! It's my second choice place, but my first choice haven't even acknowledged receipt of my application yet.

How are you doing?
    Ahh sounds good

I've got my interview at IOE on Thursday, it's my first choice which probably explains why I am so nervous/scared! It's really good that they told you you'll find out in a week or so; I can imagine we won't find out until Jan/Feb time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    I'm going to have to send out the same sort of thing, urgh. I think I'll wait until close of play tonight and then send it so the referee can see it first thing.

I can't believe people have interviews and potential offers while third parties are holding a lot of us back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurieLee)
    Just sent a similar email this morning, adding that interviews have started at my choices, please can you try get it done before tomorrow... No response argh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by etiquette)
    I'm going to have to send out the same sort of thing, urgh. I think I'll wait until close of play tonight and then send it so the referee can see it first thing.

I can't believe people have interviews and potential offers while third parties are holding a lot of us back.

Name:  tumblr_m6emkoLnnn1rys4czo1_250.gif
Views: 84
Size:  499.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain the credit/module bit on the UCAS application form? Or is that only for people who have studied with the Open University?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Could you please tell me how do you know how many places each uni offers?

Thanks
    Hi yeah it was a spreadsheet posted pages and pages back, I'll see if I can find it for you!

Edit: Attached it! So you click on the 'attached' tab and then scroll down until you find your one(s)!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xlsx itt allocations management information 21 nov 2013 (1).xlsx (402.1 KB, 411 views)

ReputationRep:
    hello,

was this for the teaching alliance in bradford by any chance? it sounds similar to the interview i have this week.

any tips of advice would be amazing, im quite nervous!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hello jeffercake

was this for the teaching alliance in bradford by any chance? it sounds similar to the interview i have this week.

any tips of advice would be amazing, im quite nervous!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone has an interview for the bradford alliance? its a school direct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancing_shoes92)
    I rang her after school today and she was in a meeting, so I didn't get to speak to her. The receptionist reassured me that she'd spoken to the teacher, and she had started the reference. However, she did also say that it wasn't finished, and she hasn't accepted the request through UCAS yet, so I'm skeptical about how 'started' it is. It's frustrating.

How many places do Oxford Brookes have? I seem to remember they had quite a lot in the spreadsheet I looked at, but I might be remembering wrong. I know what you mean about emails! I've resorted to keeping them open in a tab at all times.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.