The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by awe
'Just want to make sure you've seen my earlier email from Sunday and it hasn't been lost. Would appreciate getting it done and dusted asap, hence the further bugging... Thank you!'
I feel so awful bugging about an email that was nagging. -_- Why are we put in this situation.

Just sent a similar email this morning, adding that interviews have started at my choices, please can you try get it done before tomorrow... No response argh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jeffercake
It was for primary, on a School Direct route. The interviewing panel were so friendly, it was a great atmosphere. I hope I get on! It's my second choice place, but my first choice haven't even acknowledged receipt of my application yet.

How are you doing?

Ahh sounds good :smile:

I've got my interview at IOE on Thursday, it's my first choice which probably explains why I am so nervous/scared! It's really good that they told you you'll find out in a week or so; I can imagine we won't find out until Jan/Feb time.
Original post by awe
'Just want to make sure you've seen my earlier email from Sunday and it hasn't been lost. Would appreciate getting it done and dusted asap, hence the further bugging... Thank you!'
I feel so awful bugging about an email that was nagging. -_- Why are we put in this situation.

I'm going to have to send out the same sort of thing, urgh. I think I'll wait until close of play tonight and then send it so the referee can see it first thing.

I can't believe people have interviews and potential offers while third parties are holding a lot of us back.
Reply 2483
Original post by LaurieLee
Just sent a similar email this morning, adding that interviews have started at my choices, please can you try get it done before tomorrow... No response argh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by etiquette
I'm going to have to send out the same sort of thing, urgh. I think I'll wait until close of play tonight and then send it so the referee can see it first thing.

I can't believe people have interviews and potential offers while third parties are holding a lot of us back.

tumblr_m6emkoLnnn1rys4czo1_250.gif
Can anyone explain the credit/module bit on the UCAS application form? Or is that only for people who have studied with the Open University?
Original post by Juichiro
Could you please tell me how do you know how many places each uni offers?

Hi yeah it was a spreadsheet posted pages and pages back, I'll see if I can find it for you! :smile:

Edit: Attached it! So you click on the 'attached' tab and then scroll down until you find your one(s)!
(edited 10 years ago)
hello,

was this for the teaching alliance in bradford by any chance? it sounds similar to the interview i have this week.

any tips of advice would be amazing, im quite nervous! :smile:
Original post by jeffercake
Well that's my interview done. I think it went really well. Not sure my handwriting was the best on my literacy test, which might let me down. Everything else went great! The presentation, interview and observation went better than expected. I'm very excited - I have to wait a week to find out if I'm offered a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile

hello jeffercake

was this for the teaching alliance in bradford by any chance? it sounds similar to the interview i have this week.

any tips of advice would be amazing, im quite nervous!
has anyone has an interview for the bradford alliance? its a school direct?

:smile:
Original post by dancing_shoes92
Ah that's annoying, have you had any indication on when she intends to do the reference by? I had originally thought Oxford Brookes and then seen how limited the places were, so went for Exeter, Chichester and Solent SCITT! Fingers crossed for at least an interview at one of them! I don't think I can go five minutes at the moment without checking my emails :frown:

I rang her after school today and she was in a meeting, so I didn't get to speak to her. The receptionist reassured me that she'd spoken to the teacher, and she had started the reference. However, she did also say that it wasn't finished, and she hasn't accepted the request through UCAS yet, so I'm skeptical about how 'started' it is. It's frustrating.

How many places do Oxford Brookes have? I seem to remember they had quite a lot in the spreadsheet I looked at, but I might be remembering wrong. I know what you mean about emails! I've resorted to keeping them open in a tab at all times. :frown:
Original post by alabelle
I rang her after school today and she was in a meeting, so I didn't get to speak to her. The receptionist reassured me that she'd spoken to the teacher, and she had started the reference. However, she did also say that it wasn't finished, and she hasn't accepted the request through UCAS yet, so I'm skeptical about how 'started' it is. It's frustrating.

How many places do Oxford Brookes have? I seem to remember they had quite a lot in the spreadsheet I looked at, but I might be remembering wrong. I know what you mean about emails! I've resorted to keeping them open in a tab at all times. :frown:

Depends on the subject, for English it's 6 places! Every time I see 1 new email I get butterflies!

Quick question - one of my references has been added and the second has just accepted the request, but it doesn't say anything about it on UCAS? It just says the last thing that was done was the first reference was added; should I be worried?
Original post by dancing_shoes92
Depends on the subject, for English it's 6 places! Every time I see 1 new email I get butterflies!

Quick question - one of my references has been added and the second has just accepted the request, but it doesn't say anything about it on UCAS? It just says the last thing that was done was the first reference was added; should I be worried?

Ah, I'm applying for Primary, so that explains it. :redface:

I don't think you should be worried. Emails are always more reliable than UCAS, which famously only updates a few times a day. Keep an eye on it over the next few days and if it doesn't change, maybe contact UCAS. But at this stage I wouldn't be worried. :smile:
Original post by boblouise1993
hello jeffercake

any tips of advice would be amazing, im quite nervous!

Hi!
No it wasn't at Bradford, I'm afraid!
Don't be nervous though, if it's anything like mine, it will have a great atmosphere. They were all very friendly.
Original post by alabelle
Ah, I'm applying for Primary, so that explains it. :redface:

I don't think you should be worried. Emails are always more reliable than UCAS, which famously only updates a few times a day. Keep an eye on it over the next few days and if it doesn't change, maybe contact UCAS. But at this stage I wouldn't be worried. :smile:

Good plan, time to chill out! :cool:
Arrrrrghhjkgghjbnkljhi.

That is how I feel!

I keep getting butterflies over emails but feeling desperate now! I haven't had so much as an acknowledgements for the two emails I have sent my referee in the last 24 hours and am getting quite upset. I want to apply to Durham for Secondary English, but am getting really stressed waiting, since I completed my application form as soon as I could access it. I do have options of school direct places elsewhere that haven't opened yet if the course closes, but I'd at least like to try my chances...

I know my reference has a life, and understand people reminding us about this, but I asked for this reference in September and warned him everytime I had news about the application date etc. English is so competitive, and I just don't want to wonder 'what if' if I end up being too late for my choices....

Sorry for the rant, but I'm getting anxious, I have stress related IBS and am going insane haha!
I'm the same, my last referee emailed yesterday saying she would do it today and I am checking my emails every other minute. I just want as much time as possible to prepare if I get interviews before Christmas!! And I gave her so much information and warning about dates and urgency etc.

:frown:
Reply 2496
I had an unsuccessful from my second choice yesterday. Bit gutted but it wasnt unexpected as I know lots of people who have applied previously and not been successful at getting an interview. Its a scitt course. Anyway, have brushed myself off and hoping to hear from choices 1 and 3 shortly.

Good luck to all those with interviews lined up.

Ros
Original post by Ilovescience01
I'm the same, my last referee emailed yesterday saying she would do it today and I am checking my emails every other minute. I just want as much time as possible to prepare if I get interviews before Christmas!! And I gave her so much information and warning about dates and urgency etc.

:frown:

It's horrible isn't it! I sent an email this morning saying my first choice is likely to close, and had nothing...

Tried ringing the uni just now, but think office hours closed, as couldn't get through so will have to try tomorrow. I tried to revise my numeracy today but feel very worked up and on edge!

December is definitely not getting off to a good start...
Still waiting on my 2nd reference which is very stressful.

Does anyone know if the 2 week rule for closing courses actually includes the Thursday as a full day or is Wednesday the last day to have references submitted??

I'm applying for history at edge hill, liverpool and Manchester and I'm in a panic that they will all close on Thursday.

Edge Hill is my 1st choice as it is round the corner from me so really keen to get it in before they potentially close and fill up all the places!
Second referee finally got back to me but said they're having problems submitting it..! Hopefully they can work it out this evening and I can finally get my application in..! This has been the longest 10days ever..!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest