Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ammaarah01)
    Where have you applied?
    York, Durham, manchester, Lancaster and leeds a nice array of entry requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley Williams)
    York, Durham, manchester, Lancaster and leeds a nice array of entry requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oooooo I applied to three of them... have you got any offers... where do you want to go?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Have you got offers from them all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yah but I withdrew from leeds I didn't want to travel for the interview as I knew I wasn't going to firm it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oooooo I applied to three of them... have you got any offers... where do you want to go?!
    Yah got offers! Which did you apply for?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yah but I withdrew from leeds I didn't want to travel for the interview as I knew I wasn't going to firm it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought I was the only one who withdrew from leeds.. and for the same reason too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchemgirl)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Has everyone who has applied for Chemistry @ UCL had an interview? I haven't heard anything since I applied in November :confused:

I got an offer last week without doing an interview...but I do live in Ireland so that might have been a factor.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering is there any way to change choices well swap around firm and insurance after you've made a decision and if you meet the requirements for both on results day do you have to stick to your firm choices

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering is there any way to change choices well swap around firm and insurance after you've made a decision and if you meet the requirements for both on results day do you have to stick to your firm choices

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you meet the requirement for your firm choice, you have to go there or withdraw from both and reapply next year. In reference to swapping the choices around, I think you'll have to contact UCAS directly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizamay)
    If you meet the requirement for your firm choice, you have to go there or withdraw from both and reapply next year. In reference to swapping the choices around, I think you'll have to contact UCAS directly.
    Thanks I'll contact ucas

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizamay)
    It is possible to call insurance and ask them to accept you, then try withdraw from firm. And then go to insurance

A tad risky however

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I have some chemistry homework here that I need some help with.

"The following 6 reagents are given to you. You must identify them using only one another, once, more than once or not at all. Note the expected observations. The 6 reagents are as follows.
    i)Sodium carbonate
    ii)Lead nitrate
    iii)Potassium iodide
    iv)Magnesium sulfate
    v)Zinc nitrate
    vi)Barium nitrate "

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    It is possible to call insurance and ask them to accept you, then try withdraw from firm. And then go to insurance

A tad risky however
    As you said, a tad risky. I am aware of situations where UCAS are able to support you with your application in this respect, hence my response.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It clearly says when you pick you can't switch. You could ring up the insurance on results day to see if they have any places in clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i have an interview with birmingham on the 25th any adivce or examples of questions they would ask..... Any sort of help would be great thankss )

ReputationRep:
    It clearly says when you pick you can't switch. You could ring up the insurance on results day to see if they have any places in clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I contacted Lancaster and they said that I'd have to ring Manchester on results day amd ask them to withdraw my application

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)

A tad risky however
    This was exactly what Lancaster said to me... Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I contacted Lancaster and they said that I'd have to ring Manchester on results day amd ask them to withdraw my application

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well.. Why not Manchester ? It's way better than Lancaster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hariars)
    Well.. Why not Manchester ? It's way better than Lancaster
    I did wanna go Manchester but I didn't want to so pure chem amd Lancaster does natural science where you can choose up to three science based subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Where are people firming
    Oxford

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Risky business to be honest, lancaster don't have to give you a place. Is that were you want to go? I have firmed it for chemistry

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2016

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.