Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect Choice)
    Wasn’t that a waiting list for results day when they may provide a few last minute offers (several universities do this) or for offers later on? KCL actually had a few vacancies on results day in 2013 even after any candidates kept on hold, not many but there were some.
    I have a theory that KCL have a criteria right now that out of the 25 maximum points you are marked on in the interview, if you get over 22.5 you get an offer, if you get below 20 you get a rejection and if you are between those scores you are in a pool until interviews are complete. If they fill up all the offer numbers with candidates who exceed the 22.5 score then everybody will be rejected in the “pool”, otherwise the highest in the pool will get offers in due course to make up the total offer volume.
    Pure guess work of course, but noting how some people have received offers (up to 19th December is the last one I’ve seen posted here) and other haven’t received offers/rejections on earlier interview dates + a couple of candidates posted that they had received a rejection yesterday, then this is logical at least.
    For the record, my son has applied to KCL and was interviewed on the 18th December and waiting to hear.
    Hi they are doing things a bit differently as they are scoring people out of a 100
    But what you say makes senses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone with a rejection after interview been asked to upload their passport?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lixto)
    I wonder if kings are holding back some people into a waiting list to compare them with current interviewees, and then sending offers/rejections out? I know it says somewhere that they do offers on a rolling basis. I mean, my interview was Dec 5!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I think that's how it works

It says in the application guide:
    'Applicants are ranked at interview and those who perform particularly well are offered a place first, while those who perform less well, but still to a high standard, may be held a little longer pending a final decision.'

ReputationRep:
    So worried! International student still haven't received interview. Anyone else in this position ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jlduval1)
    So worried! International student still haven't received interview. Anyone else in this position ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    same here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocranae)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone who had an interview on the 19th heard back yet by any chance? I received the thank you message after uploading my documents on monday. Not sure what to expect! Gap year student
    My interview was on 19th as well, but I haven't heard anything!! It's driving me crazy, because I thought I'd done okay and KCL is my first choice

ReputationRep:
    Well my interview was on the 16th Dec! People who were also interviewed then have already started to receive offers.
    I thought my interview went well tbh - one interviewee even likened me to a salmon!! Lol
    I was asked for a copy of my passport about a week and a half ago, but nothing since.
    AAAGH! I'm so on edge rite now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on the 18th but haven't been asked for a copy of my passport...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittyallsop)
    I had my interview on the 18th but haven't been asked for a copy of my passport...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was on the 11th and I haven't heard anything after my interview.

ReputationRep:
    I told myself that I wouldn't get like this, this time round (I'm a reapplicant)!
    Hahaha lol - I guess there's no point fighting the inevitable ;P
    I'll just assume the foetal position in the corner of my room and cry myself to sleep (you can tell I've had practice at this from last time round) :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Aco Malfoy)
    I told myself that I wouldn't get like this, this time round (I'm a reapplicant)!
    Hahaha lol - I guess there's no point fighting the inevitable ;P
    I'll just assume the foetal position in the corner of my room and cry myself to sleep (you can tell I've had practice at this from last time round) :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't say that ... It's still early days. I got like that a couple days ago when my best friend got an offer - but never lose hope..you might even hear from somewhere else!

I like your username btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    any offers today ??

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone who has been given an offer been asked to upload their AS certificates or isit just gcse? they haven't asked me to upload anything, I already have uploaded my gcse certificates and passport though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, International applicant here and yes, still waiting for interview!
    I recall a few pages back there was an intl' who got called for an interview on the 30th of Jan. (So, a little over 2 weeks notice?)

Anyway King's interviews Internationals between "late january and mid feb" so I guess it's about time. Just wait for (good) news!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone rejected, did you receive a request to upload passport before hand.

just want to work out if being asked to upload passport is a good sign, as some people have been asked while others havent.

ReputationRep:
    No offers handed out today? :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosine)
    No offers handed out today? :unimpressed:
    I think they do them in batches! I'd guess it'd be another week or so before any more, you never know though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sausagerolled)
    I think they do them in batches! I'd guess it'd be another week or so before any more, you never know though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Noooo! A week! I might just die

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosine)
    Noooo! A week! I might just die

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When was your interview may I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.