Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Bloody hope not. Teams always make a late charge in the championship and they've been in good form, but they are nowhere near good enough to be the team that sneaks in.
    Do they actually though? Reading aside in those 3 seasons when they decided to start the season in March and obviously palace in 2004, everyone who ends up in the top 6 tends to be in and around the top 10 for the majority of the season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Do they actually though? Reading aside in those 3 seasons when they decided to start the season in March and obviously palace in 2004, everyone who ends up in the top 6 tends to be in and around the top 10 for the majority of the season
    Fair point tbf, I guess I just get stuck in the mindset that there's always a team making a late run. Remember we did in 2007 I think but missed out on goals scored. The Palace run and playoff final win sticks in my mind as one of the great rises under the great Iain Dowie :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Not been posting much here recently as its been relatively quiet despite a good season... however the Thai takeover seems to have been real and not just a joke :eek: i'm shaking in fear already.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Bournemouth-Watford is certainly the stand-out tie from the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Bournemouth-Watford is certainly the stand-out tie from the weekend.
    Can see us just going out with a 'score more goals than you' attitude. Our defence is crap, but Ighalo is on absolute fire at the moment, Deeney is as he always is, and Vydra hopefully just found his goalscoring touch. Expecting all three to play and both teams to score at least 2.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Can see us just going out with a 'score more goals than you' attitude. Our defence is crap, but Ighalo is on absolute fire at the moment, Deeney is as he always is, and Vydra hopefully just found his goalscoring touch. Expecting all three to play and both teams to score at least 2.
    It's so tight at the top. Considering your managerial instability, to still be within four points of the top is remarkable really. Watched you on the opening day against Bolton actually, and Deeney/Vydra were massively impressive.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Not been posting much here recently as its been relatively quiet despite a good season... however the Thai takeover seems to have been real and not just a joke :eek: i'm shaking in fear already.
    Pfft, mandaric has an excellent eye for a thai.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Apparently these guys are loaded, and have already paid to bring Will Keane in on loan from us (as well as someone from Chelsea).

Let's hope that Wednesday do a Leicester and not a Blackburn/Cardiff/Forest.
    I'm not too convinced by Will Keane being brought in. We really need a proven and experienced goal scorer :lol:

Yus that is the fear
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Congratulations Walsall and Bristol City, incidentally.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    I actually went to the Wednesday game on Tuesday night, was the worst game I had ever seen sadly. Be interesting to see how these new owners take The Owls forward, I just hope for their sakes they are not like the Thai owners Manchester City had.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Bournemouth 1 Watford 0 Half time, Watford are down to 10 men, personally I don't think it should have a been a red card.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Bournemouth 1 Watford 0 Half time, Watford are down to 10 men, personally I don't think it should have a been a red card.
    Not only was Cathcart covering, the lad knocked it way too far in front to be a goal scoring opportunity. But I like Bournemouth, hope they go up. I think the penalty decision was correct.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Not only was Cathcart covering, the lad knocked it way too far in front to be a goal scoring opportunity. But I like Bournemouth, hope they go up. I think the penalty decision was correct.
    Yeah it was a bad tackle but at the most it was a yellow. Clear penalty though yes.

ReputationRep:
    2-0 great finish. Game seems wrapped up.

...and a fantastic defensive tackle from Cook.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Brilliant goal that was, Watford have tried but can't help but feel the referee ruined it a bit there. How that Watford player just then didn't even get a card for that challenge, I will never know.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Priceless three points for Bournemouth.

Praying the wheels don't fall off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Brilliant goal that was, Watford have tried but can't help but feel the referee ruined it a bit there. How that Watford player just then didn't even get a card for that challenge, I will never know.
    That was a horrific tackle. Some were saying it balances out the red in the first minute but not when there's 90+ minutes between the incidents
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    That was a horrific tackle. Some were saying it balances out the red in the first minute but not when there's 90+ minutes between the incidents
    Well the first one never a red card, but that last one at the end was an absolute shocker.

ReputationRep:
    Disgusted. Annoyed. Automatic promotion hopes likely down the drain.

However, I hope we win our remaining 18 games, finish top of the table, and then every first team member do a lap of the pitch wearing '**** you Lee Probert' shirts. There's crap decisions, and then there's that. Second time this year we've had a wrong sending off in the first five minutes, both against promotion rivals. When will the FA get their heads out of their arses and sort this **** out. The fact Probert has refereed an FA Cup final gives me hope that I can be US President someday.

If Angella goes, so does Arter in the first half and Pudil gets a ten match ban for his last minute challenge.

ReputationRep:
    Brentford v 'Boro at 12:15 certainly seems an Interesting game. Brentford just keep surprising.

Huddersfield v Leeds kick off at 12:30. Avoiding defeat should be minimum, and I'm liking this new 4-5-1 Redfearn is playing. Pushing Byram further forward is far more effective for the team as a whole, he's one of the very few creative players we've got.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.