Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    I'm so amazed - Murray has been awful, but Fed has been amazing, that's the only explanation for such a one-sided scoreline surely
    It's amazing to see Fed play so well at 33.

ReputationRep:
    Murray had to beat Federer in straight sets to qualify is what I heard - clearly that's out of the window now. It feels so amazing to watch Fed near his best, demolishing his rivals like this
    I love watching his early grand slam matches where he simply outclasses his opponents and it's like their privelaged simply to be on court with him.

But this is something else. Demolishing one of the big 4 with such aggression, just look at how much pace he's putting on his returns.

ReputationRep:
    And guys, bear in mind Fed's serving at just under 40% tonight...

ReputationRep:
    And guys, bear in mind Fed's serving at just under 40% tonight...
    Would he survive against djok then? Probs not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's it Roger. No mercy. Exactly what I want to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WriterOfWrongs)
    Would he survive against djok then? Probs not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Djokovic wouldn't be allowing him to get away with this. Having said that, Federer's ground and net game has been on fire tonight, so it would still make for a tight affair

ReputationRep:
    Murray avoids the dreaded double bagel :badger:

ReputationRep:
    No double bagel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    That's it Roger. No mercy. Exactly what I want to see.
    Damn, I'm following it on the guardian so I don't even get to witness this spectacle!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fed and Nole heads and shoulders above the rest in this tournament. This tournament has definitely missed Rafa and Delpo.

ReputationRep:
    Fed also now has a positive H2H against Murray.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WriterOfWrongs)
    Damn, I'm following it on the guardian so I don't even get to witness this spectacle!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So close to a double bagel. You really missed out. The ultimate humiliation for Murray was almost at hand.

ReputationRep:
    Just about sums up the tournament really! Each match Fed and Novak play gets progressively more decisive, so I'm expecting a double bagel by Novak against Tomas tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/21092816.app:

Andrew Castle
    :
    "Andy Murray stays calm, maybe it is because he looks up and sees Ivan Lendl's face and knows if he reacts badly he will get a mouthful. Absolute credit to Murray, he is better than Roger Federer now, I think we can say that. He had his nose in front every step of the way. There were many times when he could have lost this before but he didn't this time, he deserves all the success he gets."

:laugh:

Maybe after today Andrew Castle will finally understand the difference between mediocrity and greatness.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been able to watch a lot of tennis this year, but I have been following the scores, and watched some of both Wimbledon and the ATP finals. What is going on with Murray? Is it the back operation or his new coach?

ReputationRep:

Andrew Castle
    :
    "Andy Murray stays calm, maybe it is because he looks up and sees Ivan Lendl's face and knows if he reacts badly he will get a mouthful. Absolute credit to Murray, he is better than Roger Federer now, I think we can say that. He had his nose in front every step of the way. There were many times when he could have lost this before but he didn't this time, he deserves all the success he gets."

Maybe after today Andrew Castle will finally understand the difference between mediocrity and greatness.
    Yeah. BBC commentators really lick Murray's behind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    I haven't been able to watch a lot of tennis this year, but I have been following the scores, and watched some of both Wimbledon and the ATP finals. What is going on with Murray? Is it the back operation or his new coach?
    Well in October Murray beat a few decent players and won tournaments so i think it's probably his coach.

Definitely mental as well, you can see his reactions.

ReputationRep:

Andrew Castle
    :

Wasn't that after the 2013 AO semifinal? lol poor Andrew Castle Murray played one of the matches of his life that day.
    I really feel bad for him and desperately hope he can get back on track for 2015, I have him down as returning to the Top 4 for a bit.

As for Fed, not much to say really. Federer fans have had lots of ups and downs (mostly downs last year), but I think we will all remember these 5 regal performances:

6-0, 7-6, 6-7, 6-3
    2-6, 6-2, 6-0
    6-3, 6-0
    6-0, 7-6

and now: 6-0, 6-1.

ReputationRep:
    Oh please. This has nothing to do with Mauresmo. Murray won a few tournaments these past few weeks but the only tough opponents he had were Ferrer and Robredo and most of his wins weren't even convincing.
    It's all about confidence and self belief atm and as soon as Murray got broken in the 2nd game you could see him lose it all in an instant. It doesn't help that he couldn't find his first serve as well. Nothing a coach can do about that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Love how all the equal pay detractors have been silenced by this tournament. The top 8 guys currently (minus Nadal) and all the matches have been sub par straight setters and most haven't lasted an hour. If this had been a women's tournament we would've had them shouting over the rooftops about how women don't deserve to be paid as much

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.