Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard about their progress for the HR stream?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat1_3)
    Anyone heard about their progress for the HR stream?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope! I had my AC on the 25th Feb and have had no news since then! When was your AC? I think that if we haven't heard in the first week we have been amber-banded. I emailed parity and they said we may receive the outcome the week commencing the 23rd March, if not it probably won't be til mid-April when the final pass mark is set and all FSACs completed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalbean)
    Nope! I had my AC on the 25th Feb and have had no news since then! When was your AC? I think that if we haven't heard in the first week we have been amber-banded. I emailed parity and they said we may receive the outcome the week commencing the 23rd March, if not it probably won't be til mid-April when the final pass mark is set and all FSACs completed.
    I had mine on the 4th March, I'm guessing I'm in the amber zone just wondered if anyone had had a definitive answer either way yet. I didn't hear anything until April last time so it's likely to be the same again I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foreordained99)
    My results were updated today - unsuccessful for DS. Score of 17.26 so I have no idea why I've been in the amber band for so long :s
    Best of luck to everyone still waiting!
    Same for me. How did you find out your score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlie86520)
    Same for me. How did you find out your score?
    It's on the first page of the FSAC report - Go to my applications and click on view results and there should be a button before the "ok" button. It may be that they haven't uploaded your report yet though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have a question regarding the "Policy Recommendation Exercise". There are two options and you have to advocate/recommend one option. A candidate should spend 105 minutes on policy recommendation, whereas the final 15 minutes are for recommending another option. What is another option? Do you need to recommend a hypothetical option yourself?

Is anyone going to FSAC on 18th of March 2015? Mine is on 18th.

Looking forward,
    Shahbaz Ahmad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shahbaz Ahmad)
    Hi all,

I have a question regarding the "Policy Recommendation Exercise". There are two options and you have to advocate/recommend one option. A candidate should spend 105 minutes on policy recommendation, whereas the final 15 minutes are for recommending another option. What is another option? Do you need to recommend a hypothetical option yourself?

Looking forward,
    Shahbaz Ahmad
    I'm pretty sure everyone who has attended is forbidden from discussing the exercises in the level of detail that you're asking for and whilst I appreciate that doesn't help you much, in essence we'd be helping you to cheat if we gave you the full breakdown of our experience on this which defeats the object of the whole exercise and process. I would recommend reading through the candidate guide again on this one, as any other information that you need to be able to complete the tasks is given to you on the day. I would say the interview is the one to prepare for and make sure you know all of the competencies you're being assessed against. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Looking forward,
    Shahbaz Ahmad
    You aren't really entitled to that much information - everything you need to know is included in the candidate guide. If you haven't got that, you can download it from the forms section of the applications portal. Read through what it says there. Anything else that you need to know will be explained to you in plenty of detail on the day. Part of what you're being assessed on is your ability to react to the exercises, which are meant to be new to you. If you've had someone explain what they are beforehand, that gives you an unfair advantage over other candidates. The purpose of FSAC is to assess everyone equally, regardless of educational background, life story, and so on.

I'm pretty sure everyone who has attended is forbidden from discussing the exercises in the level of detail that you're asking for and whilst I appreciate that doesn't help you much, in essence we'd be helping you to cheat if we gave you the full breakdown of our experience on this which defeats the object of the whole exercise and process. I would recommend reading through the candidate guide again on this one, as any other information that you need to be able to complete the tasks is given to you on the day. I would say the interview is the one to prepare for and make sure you know all of the competencies you're being assessed against. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grownupfrog)
    You aren't really entitled to that much information - everything you need to know is included in the candidate guide. If you haven't got that, you can download it from the forms section of the applications portal. Read through what it says there. Anything else that you need to know will be explained to you in plenty of detail on the day. Part of what you're being assessed on is your ability to react to the exercises, which are meant to be new to you. If you've had someone explain what they are beforehand, that gives you an unfair advantage over other candidates. The purpose of FSAC is to assess everyone equally, regardless of educational background, life story, and so on.

This.

THANKS for the information. In fact, I wasn't able to scrutinize the statement within the FSAC Guide:

"The second task asks you to step back from the two policy options you have been discussing and to suggest some additional ways to achieve the same government objectives, paying particular attention to the overall implications and to areas of cost, benefits and risks. It is suggested that you use the last 15 of the 105 minutes for this."

I am apologetic that I couldn't explain my question.

Sincerely,

Shahbaz

ReputationRep:
    THANKS for the information. In fact, I wasn't able to scrutinize the statement within the FSAC Guide:

"The second task asks you to step back from the two policy options you have been discussing and to suggest some additional ways to achieve the same government objectives, paying particular attention to the overall implications and to areas of cost, benefits and risks. It is suggested that you use the last 15 of the 105 minutes for this."

I am apologetic that I couldn't explain my question.

Sincerely,

Shahbaz
    I really don't know how else to explain it without giving you much more information than you are entitled to. The exercise mostly involves recommending one of two suggested policies, then for the last section you have to come up with other ideas that will achieve the same government objectives, considering the aspects listed there. Is that still unclear?

As I said, you will get further information and explanations when you get there - each exercise begins with the candidates being given all the explanatory materials that they need, so if you have further questions they will be answered on the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grownupfrog)
    I really don't know how else to explain it without giving you much more information than you are entitled to. The exercise mostly involves recommending one of two suggested policies, then for the last section you have to come up with other ideas that will achieve the same government objectives, considering the aspects listed there. Is that still unclear?

As I said, you will get further information and explanations when you get there - each exercise begins with the candidates being given all the explanatory materials that they need, so if you have further questions they will be answered on the day.
    I agree, it's hard to expand on it any further without giving too much information. All the information you need will be given to you on the day and if your questions can be answered on the day they'll do that before you start the task.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone still amber for CD and DS?

ReputationRep:
    I agree, it's hard to expand on it any further without giving too much information. All the information you need will be given to you on the day and if your questions can be answered on the day they'll do that before you start the task.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It seems like that's a lot more info than I was given already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GManTheGMan)
    It seems like that's a lot more info than I was given already!
    It's all in the candidates guide, guess it's how you interpret it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just heard that I've made it through to DS FSB!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimsFortis)
    Congrats! May I ask when your FSAC was?

ReputationRep:
    It's all in the candidates guide, guess it's how you interpret it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, I meant last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimsFortis)
    Congratulations! I just heard I made it as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ07)
    Congratulations! I just heard I made it as well
    Ah that's good to see the amber band going in your favour! congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauws)
    Ah that's good to see the amber band going in your favour! congratulations!
    Cheers! on the amber for nearly two months... was so nervous opening that message!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.