Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkdrifter10)
    Which one would you guys rather go for, Bsc economics at LSE or BA Econ at cambridge. Specifically for a career in IB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lse is in London = more IB visits, everyone at lse want to go into IB = you learn more about it and the competition amongst your peers brings the best out of you. Cambridge is just as good but it simply isn't in London and not as many people will want to go into IB

ReputationRep:
    Are there any statistics which show where accepted spring week and summer analysts came from, university wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cp1996)
    Yeah I went at around the same time, I felt sorry for the guy trying to encourage us to choose them over cambridge and LSE aha, you must've impressed them in the interviews because they usually want some kind of further maths just glad all the waiting is over though ngl

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We probably were there together then, since I think that was the only one in November . I was so surprised when I got the offer, especially as the I thought I'd done really badly in the interviews (I got a question on stunted child growth in victorian Britain and game theory :cool:. Congrats on getting into Christ's though, that's insanely good!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiara97)
    OK thanks i sent out my application the 5 th of november and still waiting for warwick! If warwick is you insurance, what is your firm?
    Cambridge eek can't believe I can actually say that gah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkdrifter10)
    Are there any statistics which show where accepted spring week and summer analysts came from, university wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've done some research and going on linked in is a great place for research ! It lists the top schools for IB based on the success of recent graduates getting a desirable job in IB (bulge bracket and other top banks) and the rankings are as follows;
    1) LSE
    2) UCL
    3) Cambridge
    4) Oxford
    5) Warwick
    6) Durham
    7) Manchester
    8) Nottingham
    9) bath
    10) Bristol

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Edinburgh yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulb73)
    noo! i still waiting but i m an international student so i's really difficult to get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbg001)
    We probably were there together then, since I think that was the only one in November . I was so surprised when I got the offer, especially as the I thought I'd done really badly in the interviews (I got a question on stunted child growth in victorian Britain and game theory :cool:. Congrats on getting into Christ's though, that's insanely good!!
    They probably just wanted to test you with something weird to see how you coped... Aha thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulb73)
    im also waiting!!

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from bristol! econ with a year abroad, AAA, very happy, considering firming it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imlisa1996)
    got an offer from bristol! econ with a year abroad, AAA, very happy, considering firming it!
    Still waiting to hear from Bristol for straight Economics!Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomixox)
    I've done some research and going on linked in is a great place for research ! It lists the top schools for IB based on the success of recent graduates getting a desirable job in IB (bulge bracket and other top banks) and the rankings are as follows;
    1) LSE
    2) UCL
    3) Cambridge
    4) Oxford
    5) Warwick
    6) Durham
    7) Manchester
    8) Nottingham
    9) bath
    10) Bristol
    I wish I could go to all of the top 3 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you get all offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not set on taking your cambridge offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Not set on taking your cambridge offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I probably will but living in london would be great. Hopefully I could do a masters at LSE or UCL down the road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    I probably will but living in london would be great. Hopefully I could do a masters at LSE or UCL down the road.
    Yeah living in London is probably better when you aren't a student though imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in such an awkward situation, I got 10A*s and 2 As at GCSE then flopped at AS and got ABBB. Still predicted 3 A*s tho (+ A* in Welsh Bac) but I dunno if I should accept an offer from UCL (in the highly unlikely event that I even get one from them) or take a gap year and apply to Cambridge/LSE with (hopefully) all A*s in hand? What would you guys do?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from LSE yet? I applied in October and then they told me 8 weeks, then 2 then 4 weeks. Is that normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    I'm in such an awkward situation, I got 10A*s and 2 As at GCSE then flopped at AS and got ABBB. Still predicted 3 A*s tho (+ A* in Welsh Bac) but I dunno if I should accept an offer from UCL (in the highly unlikely event that I even get one from them) or take a gap year and apply to Cambridge/LSE with (hopefully) all A*s in hand? What would you guys do?
    If you get UCL, I'd defo take it. Gap year is not worth it just for the small chance you'll get an LSE/Cambridge offer - also the gap between them and UCL is not big enough to warrant a gap year IMO

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    I currently have UCL and got rejected by cambridge yesterday and am still waiting on LSE. Personally, if I don't get LSE I will go to UCL rather than reapply because UCL is the only uni for economics that can compete with camb/LSE imo. Eg. A 1st from ucl>2:1 from camb/lse

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.