Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Ah guys that's football for us. The players underestimated Monaco, they outclassed us, out performed us, they studied us and they controlled the game. Fair play to Monaco they set up really well.

As for us, it's just another game lost. Yes it was a terrible game but we have to try and do something for the second leg, if not then we can say we tried.

You lots can wum all you want and I would to.

Loool ooh Arsenal, do better in the second leg lads.
    What is this? A well thought out and balanced comment on the Arsenal thread?

Get out, we cannot be having your logical approach interrupt the #Wengerout circlejerk.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Stelling with the par of the year :lol:

(Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Atleast we have an easy fa cup game at old Trafford though :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wait you support Manchester United now?

ReputationRep:
    Berbatov didn't even break a sweat

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    OK, calling it now, we'll score an early goal in the second leg, grab a second with 10 or so to go and win 2-0 but obviously go out, have Wenger come out and say we were much improved, but in all honesty nothing has changed, we're not just a R16 club, we're one of the **** ones like Basel who everyone wants to face knowing it's a routine route to the QF.

At least we have Everton next at home
    Basel? Not if you're English

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Anyone who blames Wenger is pathetic. Wenger didn't deflect their first goal in. Wenger didn't run up the pitch and let them in behind on their second. Wenger didn't give the ball away on their third. Blame the players, who were atrocious tonight, and praise Monaco, who probably put in their best ever away performance tonight. Don't try to distract attention by blaming the manager.
    completly disagree..

We have seen good player after good player come into this club, and the results have been the same for the past 10 years.

we have gone through multiple cycles of players, with entirely different team set ups, who all suffer from the same inablity to cope under the pressure of big games - and can only perform against weaker uponents..

Its not the players, its the attitude of the team. and that attitude comes from the manager.

Sure the players choked today, and played terribly.. but when that is happening season after season, with different players, and there is only one constant in the equasion.. you clearly can identify the problem

ReputationRep:

Dem Arsenal fans on twitter going down on Chamberlain. Nice class...

ReputationRep:
    I don't watch Arsene's press conferences or interviews because I'm tired of hearing the same thing, but I am genuinely interested in how he can defend that **** show because I can't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    I think everyone's missing the key point tonight... Berbatov's eyes. Lawd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam171014)

Dem Arsenal fans on twitter going down on Chamberlain. Nice class...

Yh mate probably worse then not letting a black man on a train init

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    I don't watch Arsene's press conferences or interviews because I'm tired of hearing the same thing, but I am genuinely interested in how he can defend that **** show because I can't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He won't. He'll shrug it off or answer indirectly as usual
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Ospina out! :fuhrer:

Chesny hop back on son.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Anyone who blames Wenger is pathetic. Wenger didn't deflect their first goal in. Wenger didn't run up the pitch and let them in behind on their second. Wenger didn't give the ball away on their third. Blame the players, who were atrocious tonight, and praise Monaco, who probably put in their best ever away performance tonight. Don't try to distract attention by blaming the manager.
    But Wenger picked the team. He was the one who decided to play Santi, Ozil and Coq together. He was the one who picked Mertesacker and Ospina...

ReputationRep:
    Speechless.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by sr90)
    Had to, sorry.
    That's a bit unfair, what about all the quotes where I've said not to underestimate them? Typical babes typical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Basel? Not if you're English
    CSKA Moskow, Zenit, Leverkusen (although they did win today so maybe not them). The standard second tier teams.

On the plus side if we still get top 4 this year at least we won't be put in pot 1, so we can get knocked out of the group in 3rd and go on a Europa league run. Might be nice winning a European knockout tie even if it is in the Europa League

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    He won't. He'll shrug it off or answer indirectly as usual
    The sort of coward he is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm leaving the Emirates now, absolutely speechless, horrible performance and disgraceful place by the boys. There is no motivation there.

Don't know if they showed it on Sky but as the game came to an end a significant amount of fans boo'ing Wenger, throwing stuff on the pitch, ****ging off Ozil etc... Very uncalled for :/
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    I say we get Kondogbia. Boom. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    That's a bit unfair, what about all the quotes where I've said not to underestimate them? Typical babes typical.
    But that doesn't make for good Meltdown Thread material.

ReputationRep:
    I say we get Kondogbia. Boom. :cool:

We were linked to him on deadline day. I would of wanted that

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.