Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so the exam I thought I completely bombed and failed (GEOG3), I was expecting a low B/C in it. Ended up getting 113/120 - a high A* in it !!!! HOW DID THAT EVEN HAPPEN!!!

On the other hand I got 54/80 - a C grade in GEOG4A, and that I thought went WAYYY better than GEOG3!!!

Oh well got an A overall in Geography so I'm pretty happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speed1✈️✈️)
    Ok so the exam I thought I completely bombed and failed (GEOG3), I was expecting a low B/C in it. Ended up getting 113/120 - a high A* in it !!!! HOW DID THAT EVEN HAPPEN!!!

On the other hand I got 54/80 - a C grade in GEOG4A, and that I thought went WAYYY better than GEOG3!!!

Oh well got an A overall in Geography so I'm pretty happy
    Congratulations, that's amazing I can relate to this. Was expecting a B or C im GEOG4B and ended up getting full UMS!!!
    Was expecting an A in GEOG1 and I just missed a C
    Got an overall B, did the whole couse in one year from scratch
    what are you off to study?

ReputationRep:
    i got full UMS in unit 1 and 3, a A* in Unit 4b and one ums into a A in unit 2, A* overall i aint lying lol

ReputationRep:
    I got overall:
    140 unit 1
    50 unit 2
    120 unit 3
    58 unit 4

368 A - so unfair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Hi everyone

Happy results day! How did Geography go for you?

Congrats to everyone on finishing their exams - you did amazing for getting through them no matter what grade you got

If you need any advice on results, adjustment, clearing or uni go check out our Applications and UCAS forum

geog

src=����G�M

Managed to get A* in Geography (200/200 UMS for A2!)

ReputationRep:
    C - I am happy I got it up from a D last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08hussainf)
    Same here!! Well done 😊

ReputationRep:
    Looool flopped Geog3 with a C, so dead, 75 UMS (45/90). Thought I smashed it and flopped Geog4B yet got an A in that. Likewise last year I thought I flopped Geog1 yet got 134/140 and thought I did sick Geog2 yet got 39/60. Strange subject full of **** case studies, glad it's over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 142701)
    Same here!! Well done 😊
    Not gonna lie feels pretty amazing to have got full UMS for A2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naz.97)
    Congratulations, that's amazing I can relate to this. Was expecting a B or C im GEOG4B and ended up getting full UMS!!!
    Was expecting an A in GEOG1 and I just missed a C
    Got an overall B, did the whole couse in one year from scratch
    what are you off to study?
    OMG THAT'S AMAZING WELL DONE!!! That must have been 10 times harder than doing it in 2 years
    I was also convinced I was going to get a B overall in Geography, which I would have been pretty happy myself! Getting an A is so sweat ahah!
    I'm off to study Aviation at the University of Leeds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speed1✈️✈️)
    OMG THAT'S AMAZING WELL DONE!!! That must have been 10 times harder than doing it in 2 years
    I was also convinced I was going to get a B overall in Geography, which I would have been pretty happy myself! Getting an A is so sweat ahah!
    I'm off to study Aviation at the University of Leeds
    Uni of Leeds, holla! I'm going there to study Geography, lol!

I got an A (bummed I didn't get an A* but real life dealt me some bad cards around my exam time which knocked me back) so I'm still pleased!

ReputationRep:
    Going to UoB to study Geography ayy lmao

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

have you done Sub-urbanisations? I'm really struggling with the case studies for A2. Do you have any tips or good websites that I can use? Also how do you get an A* for geo, how do you revise? Please do give me some tips
    Thank You

ReputationRep:
    Do you think transport management will come up? If so could you choose to do waste management instead? Should I learn both LEDC and MEDC case studies for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epiccherry)
    Hello,

have you done Sub-urbanisations? I'm really struggling with the case studies for A2. Do you have any tips or good websites that I can use? Also how do you get an A* for geo, how do you revise? Please do give me some tips
    Thank You
    To get an A* add plenty of detail to your notes and make sure you understand the mark scheme and the exam technique to score top marks. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    what was the world cities essay question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chartreux5)
    It was on sustainability. Forgot the actual wording of it but it was a broad question where you could bring in all sorts of topics and link to sustainability. Something about effectively achieving sustainability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08hussainf)
    Wow congratulations! I'm currently doing A2 and was wondering if you had any notes on World Cities, Plate Tectonics or Development and Globalisation? That would help me out a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chartreux5)
    Achieving true sustainability in urban areas is a highly desirable but unachievable goal. Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the questions for the conflict 25 marks were??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2017
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.