Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Isnt it quicker to use the mouse to go to the next question than to use alt-n? I know it would take me a few seconds to adjust my fingers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erinls2)
    I'd back this up - I'd been getting between 570 and 670 on the mocks, and I got 830 in the real thing today! Just keep an eye on the time and stick to a quota - don't be afraid to flag and move on, I did just that
    Thanks, and wow congrats on your score! I'm honstly resting most of my hopes on BMAT but yeah fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wesxd)
    Hey so I've just finished my UKCAT and got :

VR 630
    QR 710
    AR 680
    SJT BAND 1
    Total 2020

Not sure what to make of it not amazing but not bad. Not sure what unis to focus on now? Any help would mean loads
    heya I got a similar average to you when I did my UKCAT last year and seriously, your UKCAT doesn't deter you from many uni's (Except I think it was Kings who wanted like 700 - but this might be different for this year) You can check uni websites online and if you can't find it, just give them an email - most of them are extremely nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irukandji5)
    Thanks, and wow congrats on your score! I'm honstly resting most of my hopes on BMAT but yeah fingers crossed

Thank you, I was honestly in shock lol :P

haha I'm the complete opposite - I've decided I don't want to apply to any of the BMAT uni's plus I don't actually want to do the BMAT :P I was going to apply to Oxford but I currently go to school in Oxford so I think it'd be good to move away, plus I don't really like the traditional course structure. Where are you going to apply, do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erinls2)
    Thank you, I was honestly in shock lol :P

haha I'm the complete opposite - I've decided I don't want to apply to any of the BMAT uni's plus I don't actually want to do the BMAT :P I was going to apply to Oxford but I currently go to school in Oxford so I think it'd be good to move away, plus I don't really like the traditional course structure. Where are you going to apply, do you think?
    I'm really hoping on getting into Brighton and Sussex, that's like the ultimate dream but it means BMAT, but then I prefer BMAT kinda so yeah... Same about Oxford though, i'm not a fan of traditional, but not a fan of PBL either so trying to find all the integrated ones What about you where are you thinking of applying?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!!

Soz to be another one of those people
    But I did my UkCat test today and I achieved:
    VR: 600
    QR: 710
    AR: 700 (was disappointed with this as I was consistently scoring above 770)
    Average 670 w/ band 2 SJT

I'm trying not to cry or be disheartened but I don't know where to apply now
    Can anybody please help me? I'm really desperate sigh

ReputationRep:
    I'm really hoping on getting into Brighton and Sussex, that's like the ultimate dream but it means BMAT, but then I prefer BMAT kinda so yeah... Same about Oxford though, i'm not a fan of traditional, but not a fan of PBL either so trying to find all the integrated ones What about you where are you thinking of applying?
    Yeah exactly the same as me! At the moment I think I'll apply to Bristol (I loved it so much), Birmingham, Nottingham and Sheffield - tbh even I just get 1 offer I'll be ecstatic :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by future_doctor_)
    Hey guys!!

I don't know why you feel disheartened. 670 isn't a bad result at all! In fact, I'm pretty sure you'd be able to apply to most uni's with that score

You should view it as an advantage, not a burden, 670 is great!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!!

That's a really good score! Honestly just getting through that exam intact is amazing tbh... In terms of applying maybe not UKCAT heavy ones such as newcastle etc... But universities like Aberdeen, Sheffield I think, Keele... I don't think they look at it as much. Plus there's always BMAT but 670 is still defintely above average

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!!

Shame about the AR. Was it the timing or nerves? Don't worry 670 is fine for most universities. Just avoid Edinburgh and King's (unless you've got strong GCSEs).

ReputationRep:
    How comes BSMS is the ultimate dream?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniAdmissions)
    Hi Irukandji5

Hoping I can help a little...

Firstly, get familiar with the on screen calculator and use the calculator with the keyboard for speed, it's really important to practice this.

Make sure you look for hard questions and skip these straight away, there is no point in wasting valuable time. If the question is hard to understand, the data you need is complex or there are many stages to the calculation, then it is a hard question and you are best to move on. If moving on, just guess an answer and flag for review in case you get extra time later. There is no negative marking so always worth having guess.

I hope that is useful.

Good luck for tomorrow!

UniAdmissions
    Thank you, it's useful I haven't really used the flagging before but can try it out before tomorrow, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chutiya)
    I got 633.33 (without applying any strategies)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh okay, how are you faring in your mocks now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manlike99)
    How comes BSMS is the ultimate dream?
    I just really like the environment and the course structure. The way they teach anatomy and integrate clinical practice suits me and I live in Brighton and love it here so it's also nice being close to home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Shame about the AR. Was it the timing or nerves? Don't worry 670 is fine for most universities. Just avoid Edinburgh and King's (unless you've got strong GCSEs).
    honestly I think I just got unlucky on the day tbh
    my timing was right on the dot but medify AR was A LOT EASIER. Honestly for everyone doing AR try and find harder versions or use UKCAT website because medify will put you in a false sense of security

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    I don't know why you feel disheartened. 670 isn't a bad result at all! In fact, I'm pretty sure you'd be able to apply to most uni's with that score

You should view it as an advantage, not a burden, 670 is great!
    Looool thank you I guess .... its just that I thought i'd do a lot better you know? plus I really wanted to apply to kings since I do all my work experience/volunteering there and have made friends with some of the students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wesxd)
    Hey so I've just finished my UKCAT and got :

VR 630
    QR 710
    AR 680
    SJT BAND 1
    Total 2020

Not sure what to make of it not amazing but not bad. Not sure what unis to focus on now? Any help would mean loads
    Was the VR as hard as the 1000Q book? i reallly struggle

ReputationRep:
    That's a really good score! Honestly just getting through that exam intact is amazing tbh... In terms of applying maybe not UKCAT heavy ones such as newcastle etc... But universities like Aberdeen, Sheffield I think, Keele... I don't think they look at it as much. Plus there's always BMAT but 670 is still defintely above average
    loooool thank you
    do you think I should bother applying to QMUL or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    Was the VR as hard as the 1000Q book? i reallly struggle
    Personally I've always found VR hard I'm just not a reader. But the thing with the book is that it kinda focuses you on the true false can't tell type of questions when the majority will be the comprehension. So yes I've found it hard but keep on practising!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    I got 740 as well. The VR was difficult though. I averaged 650, so average...
    my VR was also awful (550) dragged my overall average down to 670 which is disappointing

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.