Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    PROSM. We live in the 21st century - religion is something which should definitely not be forced onto people like this.
    We seem to be moving backwards instead of forwards.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    I'd want to know where the voters who leave go. I can't see Tories sucking up any further votes from us, the Lib Dems and UKIP aren't exactly resurging. The only damage is surely going to be Scotland where it's mostly already done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The lib dems and ukip are actually, you also get shifts from those parties to the tories, and tory to lib dem

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    We seem to be moving backwards instead of forwards.
    I feel that's the case as well sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I feel that's the case as well sometimes.

All we can do is promote tolerance and respect wherever possible.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whiggy)

All we can do is promote tolerance and respect wherever possible.
    I agree - I just hope there is a peaceful way to combat religous extremism.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Combination of suit, coming on a Tuesday and a case made the taxi driver think I was just visiting rather than going back to uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wait a second, did I just see correctly that Cruz has admitted defeat and suspended his campaign?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Wait a second, did I just see correctly that Cruz has admitted defeat and suspended his campaign?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    indeed
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    I'd want to know where the voters who leave go. I can't see Tories sucking up any further votes from us, the Lib Dems and UKIP aren't exactly resurging. The only damage is surely going to be Scotland where it's mostly already done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Since the GE, the Lib Dems have made the most gains and received the most votes in by-elections. You could also potentially lose some votes to the Greens giving the mess you're in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if we have anyone here who is still doing GCSEs but if we do and they're reading this then please for the love of God don't do English, it is ****ing hell on earth........I never want to see another ****ing poem ever again
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    indeed
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Holy ****!

If Trump can't reach 1200 (though he probably will now since the states ahead are fairly friendly to him), we might actually see a Kasich nomination if Cruz and Rubio endorse him in the second round.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    I don't know if we have anyone here who is still doing GCSEs but if we do and they're reading this then please for the love of God don't do English, it is ****ing hell on earth........I never want to see another ****ing poem ever again
    I loved GCSE English. The only subject where you can talk so much BS about everything and still get an A*.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    I loved GCSE English. The only subject where you can talk so much BS about everything and still get an A*.
    I know......I thought a level would be the same
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Holy ****!

If Trump can't reach 1200 (though he probably will now since the states ahead are fairly friendly to him), we might actually see a Kasich nomination if Cruz and Rubio endorse him in the second round.
    He needs less than 40% of the remaining delegates to secure the nomination. I would presume it's pretty much in the bag for him now. Even if it reaches the second round, Rubio might push a few people in Kasich's way but I'm not sure Cruz's supporters would go with Kasich over Trump despite the mudslinging.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    He needs less than 40% of the remaining delegates to secure the nomination. I would presume it's pretty much in the bag for him now. Even if it reaches the second round, Rubio might push a few people in Kasich's way but I'm not sure Cruz's supporters would go with Kasich over Trump despite the mudslinging.
    A quick calculation suggests there are 502 delegates available. Trump needs 280 to be the outright winner but yeah, if we assume 1200 is enough (probably even 1150) then 40% of remaining delegates is about enough.

With two candidates forcing a winner takes all battle in every remaining state and California holding ~34% of remaining delegates i'd say that Calafornia probably pretty much entirely decides whether Trump reaches the line.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Hear f*****g Hear ! I despise poetry with a passion and absolutely detest A-level English Literature ..... I seriously regret taking it and I've already said im dropping in next year
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Trump now has literally no opposition.... They might as well just hand him the nomination now TBH !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Hear f*****g Hear ! I despise poetry with a passion and absolutely detest A-level English Literature ..... I seriously regret taking it and I've already said im dropping in next year
    English literature is great! I'm not even joking, I'm loving A2.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Looking through some old past papers and why do exam boards use foreign / unusual souding names like " Asif "
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Cute, you're all getting annoyed over A Level English Lit.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.