Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ED trigger
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I was in a museum and there was thins thing about weight, and my mum told me to try it. She knows nothing about my eating disorder (which I consider to be in the past now anyway), so she didn't know it could upset me. Anyways, I got a weight reading of 1.5kg over what I expected. I know the scales probably aren't accurate, but it made me feel really panicked. I didn't know what to do, because I didn't want my mum to notice, so I've been trying to hide it all day, and I've been struggling to breathe properly

ReputationRep:
    Oops, that anon was me ^

ReputationRep:
    Hope I hear back from PIP soon, even if it's bad news. Hate the waiting game :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

sigh.
    Should probably pick up these pieces of a glass i smashed.
    lol what a *****y person i am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Hope I hear back from PIP soon, even if it's bad news. Hate the waiting game :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When did you apply? My decision took 3-4 months to come through from date of assessment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ED trigger
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I was in a museum and there was thins thing about weight, and my mum told me to try it. She knows nothing about my eating disorder (which I consider to be in the past now anyway), so she didn't know it could upset me. Anyways, I got a weight reading of 1.5kg over what I expected. I know the scales probably aren't accurate, but it made me feel really panicked. I didn't know what to do, because I didn't want my mum to notice, so I've been trying to hide it all day, and I've been struggling to breathe properly
    ED trigger
    Try to keep calm. While I have no personal experience with eating disorders, I think that a lot of people would feel at least a little upset if they weighed more than they thought they did. I got weighed last week and I was 10lbs over what I thought and it made me feel so *****y. There's all this pressure in society to be thin so I think it's something most people care about, even if they've never suffered from an eating disorder.

The important thing here is to keep calm and try not to let yourself slip into old habits. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    When did you apply? My decision took 3-4 months to come through from date of assessment.
    I had my medical nearly a fortnight ago was told by the nurse who conducted the medical to expect a decision anywhere from a week to four weeks after the medical so should hopefully hear something soon. I've read online that it can take months to get a decision back in England but it seems to be a lot quicker in Scotland, where I'm from, at least so I'm hoping.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not took my meds for three weeks but YOLO.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck Socksy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    Good luck Socksy
    Thanks lol love my new nickname :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    Not took my meds for three weeks but YOLO.
    same i feel you lmao

yknow those dreams that were 'just about results day'
    surprise surprise they are still here even 2 days after results :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Had a pretty crap night last night. It started off great, was just chilling at the flat watching Star Trek and having a few cans of cider but it all went downhill as soon as I went to bed. The urge to check the door was locked over and over started but that is nothing new and then I had to keep looking at the little window on my front door to make sure no one was out there and I literally done this every minute or two, even when I was close to drifting and I was sure I could see shadows outside. I think that was just me being me though and that no one was out there.

Then at about 25 to 3 in the morning, my flat buzzer went off. The intercoms have been installed in each flat but the downstairs door hasn't been fitted yet, it's still the old door that anyone can walk in and out of so after the buzzer went off, I heard the door opening downstairs so was a nervous wreck about someone coming to my door but they never came and must have went into someone elses flat. This fueled the OCD even more and I started checking the door and the window over and over again and then the 'magical thoughts' started "I worried that someone would press my buzzer tonight and they did. I caused that. I deserve someone to come to my door and break in and harm me because I cause bad things to happen" and the fear that it could happen because I thought it even though I knew how illogical that sounded, only fueled the compulsions and then it went onto things like "I don't deserve my cats. I should give them away" and I couldn't sleep for that as well as the checking.

When I finally did drift off at about 6ish, there were people out on the landing fighting and shouting which only set me off again and I've been awake ever since. I'm exhausted from all that :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had a pretty crap night last night. It started off great, was just chilling at the flat watching Star Trek and having a few cans of cider but it all went downhill as soon as I went to bed. The urge to check the door was locked over and over started but that is nothing new and then I had to keep looking at the little window on my front door to make sure no one was out there and I literally done this every minute or two, even when I was close to drifting and I was sure I could see shadows outside. I think that was just me being me though and that no one was out there.

Then at about 25 to 3 in the morning, my flat buzzer went off. The intercoms have been installed in each flat but the downstairs door hasn't been fitted yet, it's still the old door that anyone can walk in and out of so after the buzzer went off, I heard the door opening downstairs so was a nervous wreck about someone coming to my door but they never came and must have went into someone elses flat. This fueled the OCD even more and I started checking the door and the window over and over again and then the 'magical thoughts' started "I worried that someone would press my buzzer tonight and they did. I caused that. I deserve someone to come to my door and break in and harm me because I cause bad things to happen" and the fear that it could happen because I thought it even though I knew how illogical that sounded, only fueled the compulsions and then it went onto things like "I don't deserve my cats. I should give them away" and I couldn't sleep for that as well as the checking.

When I finally did drift off at about 6ish, there were people out on the landing fighting and shouting which only set me off again and I've been awake ever since. I'm exhausted from all that :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm (I'm glad you like your new nickname btw :ahee: ) alcohol can make you paranoid, it does me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hmm (I'm glad you like your new nickname btw :ahee: ) alcohol can make you paranoid, it does me.
    This was me btw.

ReputationRep:
    Feel like I am and always will be swimming against the tide. Why am I doing this, this isn't rewarding in any way, shape or form, never been one to do things for the sake of it and yet that's what me, living life, has become....and has been like for a good long while. So what do I do? Do I just perservere telling myself things will improve?? Blind faith?

ReputationRep:
    So sensitive to the weather changing I'm like a little animal. Really dark and dreary, making me feel dark and dreary. Then in a few days when it's warm again I'll probably have an issue with that too -_- Such a HSP (highly sensitive person)

ReputationRep:
    So proud of myself for getting through the mental stresses of the past few days without a total meltdown already arranged a new sport to start at uni, and committed to seeing the counselling team not relying on other people for my happiness for once, and it's going well so far!

This weather actually depresses me :sigh:

is it immoral to not tell someone you dreamed they died? or should you warn them to stay away from the thing that killed them? 🤔

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.